Quantcast What's your least fave TS place? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't care for Chef Mickey's - atmosphere or food. Also, Sci-Fi food-wise, but we are willing to give it another shot.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was between LTT and coral Reef went to coral reef once so could have been an off day LTT was bad 3 times in a row so we wont be going there again
    But I say Nay Nay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lighteningqueen View Post
    Ohanas next its hyped up to the max, food is tough and dry, not enough veggies too little server time, done that never again

Best Teppon Edo
    I am with you on this. We went to 'Ohana's a few weeks ago. The food was ok. DD did not like it, she thought is was too messy and hated when they brought the dessert in one bowl for us to share. Her first thought is GERMS.... YUCK. I don't get all the hype.

We enjoyed Kona Cafe much more.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there 12/11--12/19 with free dining.
    We ate at Tutto Italia, LeCellier, Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona Cafe, Ragland Road, Via Napoli, ESPN and Chef Mickey's.

My least favorite was Chef Mickeys. I only picked that restaurant as DD14 really wanted to eat there. Just too hectic for my liking and we won't be going back. And had I not had free dining; I would not have eaten there at all.

My favorite was Ragland Road.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We have our favorites as a family and we have given some restaurants a second chance after having less than enjoyable visits. That being said, we are willing to give most restauants a try and have a new experience. But two that we won't return to anytime soon:
    Cinderella's Royal Table- Mediocre food and poor service both times that we tried it, each server seemed to be annoyed with our existance. Add the high cost and I think that we will skip a return visit.
    Trail's End- Don't understand the hype with this restaurant either, food was bland at best and the service was barely attentive.

Most Disney restaurants have been enjoyable for us and we can usually give them a pass for an 'off night'.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    I am with you on this. We went to 'Ohana's a few weeks ago. The food was ok. DD did not like it, she thought is was too messy and hated when they brought the dessert in one bowl for us to share. Her first thought is GERMS.... YUCK. I don't get all the hype.

We enjoyed Kona Cafe much more.
    That's weird with the dessert because they usually give you individual dishes for you to serve portions in. You don't all have to eat out of the same bowl. The server must have overlooked it.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    That's weird with the dessert because they usually give you individual dishes for you to serve portions in. You don't all have to eat out of the same bowl. The server must have overlooked it.
    Must have been an off night for us. Our server was kind enough to bring Jessica another smaller serving for herself.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    CRT Breakfast by a long shot. IMHO, it's most overrated meal in the world, and by far the worst value I can think of.
    I agree. That's our second least fave. Only 2 places at WDW we will never go to again CRT and Marrakesh.

DVC members since 2006....OKW, HH and BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Our all time worst restaurant meal (and not just at WDW) was the Pepper Market. And other than that one notably bad meal I can't recall a truly bad meal at WDW. I have some restaurants I like less than others (say Sci-Fi because of the only so-so food), but even the ones I like least usually have some redeeming quality (say watching bad movies from your "car") that make the overall experience enjoyable in spite of the imperfections.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

My least favorites include Chef Mickey, Marrakesh, Kona, Le Cellier (yes, I know... two sacred cows) and Big River Grille (please, please, don't EVER make me go back there).

I'm thrilled no one likes San Angel Inn... more chance of me getting an ADR there!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We did not like Chef Mickeys at all. The food was horrible. The character pictures weren't good for the bright lights that always showed up in the photos.

Post Thanks / Like

We've had meals that we've liked less than others, but nothing so bad we wouldn't go back. I had a really bad steak at Sci Fi, but DH had a great rack of ribs.

I've had just so-so steak at Coral Reef, but it was not terrible.

Nothing awful, just some that didn't live up to the cost of the meal.
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    ... One of the things I LOVE about Disney is that there is something for everyone and I guess "one man's trash is another man's treasure" - I consider Boma to be a "can't miss" :-)
    I agree, we've only eaten there once but I plan on eating there again because we REALLY enjoyed the food and service.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

We don't really have a least favorite, or a place we would say "never again" to. The closest I can think of would be Sci-Fi, only because I didn't really enjoy my meals the couple of times we ate there. Everyone else did though, and after reading some posts here, I think that if I'd ordered something different I would have liked it more. We do love the atmosphere, and our service was fantastic both times! On the second visit our girls were given Sci-Fi drivers licenses, so that was really fun. So, we're not interested in going back for awhile, but I would do it again and order something different.

Post Thanks / Like

My DS12 & I agree that for us it was O'hana !!! EVERYTHING was way overcooked and it took forever to get a skewer of beef to our table (which was like leather). My DD15 loved it, but thats because she only ate the dessert, participated in the Aloha festivities & could see view the MNSSHP Fireworks while we dined ... it certainly WASN'T for the food !!!
    '72 Kissimee
    July '94 AS Sports
    Aug '05 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Aug '06 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Sept '08 POP ( FREE DINING)
    Oct '09 POP ( FREE DINING)

Post Thanks / Like

.......won't go to Marrakesh....or Kona Cafe again. The food wasn't "terrible"...but it just didn't seem to live up to the typical WDW standards.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but we'll never go back to Teppon Edo. Granted we only tried it once, but that was enough. There was a mother and her about 12 year old son across the table from us. As soon as she was seated she let our server know that her son was allergic to nuts. We watched the server tell the chef, and then he proceeded to add nuts to their meal. After the meal was prepared, the mother politely asked for the manager. I don't know what was said, but they never did bring anything else out for the kid to eat. As far as our meal, I asked for my steak to be extra well. I'm fairly tolerant, and will eat pink meat, but it was extremely bloody still. It was cooked rare, at best.

Our chef was also very inexperienced and had no "show" while he cooked the food. This wasn't that big of deal though, as I realize they need to get experience somewhere. I just would have hoped they got their experience somewhere other than Disney.
    '84 - offsite
    '98 - Contemporary
    '00 - offsite
    '03 - Contemporary
    '05 - Polynesian
    '06 - Contemporary
    '07 - Contemporary
    June '08 - Port Orleans Riverside (surprise Father's day gift)
    Dec '08 - Contemporary
    Aug-09 - CSR
    Dec '09 - BLT
    May '10 - Polynesian
    Feb '11 - CSR
    Nov '13 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has different tastes but for dh and I tony's is the only one we won't try again. We went twice thinking maybe the 1st time was an off day, but the 2nd time was worse then the 1st. Narcoossee is our 2nd least favorite. We may try it again but not anytime soon. Our server was pretty awful, apps and desert were good but the steak was a disappointment. We've eaten at california grill (which was awesome) and expected a similar high quality experience since they are both signature dining restaurants, but it didn't live up to expectations.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightning Queen - I was in a really crabby mood last night and posted to you in that mood. Please forgive me! LOL - you have every right to hate Boma just as much as you want
    See, some folks might call our site "cold and chilling" - but I LOVE this site because of posts like this.

In that manner, I'll post my most-disliked TS place & know there will be a high tolerance.

Hoop-De-Doo Review - or as my family calls it, "Whoop-De-Doo". Not that it isn't great, but it's OUR least favorite TS place!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that in every thread about restaurants almost every one gets a negative review from someone (yes even Victoria and Alberts has had a complaint). Just shows that people have different tastes and expectations and Disney has a lot of variety. Also shows that any restaurant can have an off night.

That said the two restaurants that were the least enjoyable for us were Rose & Crown ( actually managed to get a beer sampler wrong, that takes some effort) and Tutto Italia where we had great appetizers only to be followed by the blandest entrees ever in 20 years at Disney. But lots of folks love these two.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: