Quantcast Tell me all you can about CBR

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me all you can about CBR

I am booked for our first stay at CBR in a standard room. I have a request for Jamaica building 45. We have only stayed at the ASMO before. I know what to expect there

For those who have stayed at CBR in the past.
    Tell me about what to expect there. Any tips would be helpful. I want to know all the in's and out's.

Thanks,
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    I am booked for our first stay at CBR in a standard room. I have a request for Jamaica building 45. We have only stayed at the ASMO before. I know what to expect there

Tell me about what to expect there. Any tips would be helpful. I want to know all the in's and out's.

Thanks,

I stayed at CBR for the first time back in December, And I finally realized what people mean when they say they are "home".

As soon as I got on CBR's property I fell in Love, I was finally home. I absolutely love CBR! They have caribbean music playing with steel drums, everything about the resort makes you feel like you are in the caribbean. We stayed in a pirate room, which IMHO is worth every penny. They have a wonderful beach to hang out on with hammocks & a play ground for the kiddies. From certain areas of the resort you can see illuminations.

The food court is very unique. It looks like you are outside. They have a bakery, deli, pizza shop, hamburger shop, and a shop that sells pasta's etc.

The CBR pool is really cool looking. Also, each village has it's own quiet pool with a laundry mat next door.

I will be going home this December & I absolutely can't wait

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask or PM me.

I hope you have a magical vacation!
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post

Thanks,
    CBR is a really nice resort. It is beautifully landscaped and really does give you an Island feel. It has the quiet pools that are great. It is a large spread out place, if walking is NOT an issue for you what "island" you stay on should not be a concern they are all beautifull. If you want a short walk or are toting little kids I would definitly pay for the Preffered location as they are only a minute or three from the foodcourt and Port Royal. I have stayed here 4 times and would not hesistate to recommend it to anyone. I know some people dont like its size but it is an asset. It never seems crowded at the resort. Trinidad North and Martinique are the preffered and woth every penny if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad to hear that you guys love this resort- I did too. We stayed there in May of 07 and it was great. Big resort- but did help to not feel crowded. We were in the Jamaican building- which I think is across the bridge from the big pool and Port Royal was fine- loved getting the drinks for everyone in the morning- got to see the beautiful sunrise. Enjoy and relax there.

Post Thanks / Like

Just stayed there July 2-5 in Pirate/Waterview room. The Pirate room was great. The renovations made are a huge improvement from our last stay. We were in Trinidad South Building 34. The waterview was not great. it was a view of park of some water. Blocked by another building and trees. Have no complaints about the resort. I love the theme and the laid back atmosphere.
    [COLOR="Red"]3 trips prior to 2000
    2000-GF
    2003-GF
    2006-BCV & WLV
    2007-WLV & BWV
    2008-CBR & SSR
    2009-WLV, YC & Disney Wonder
    2010-CBR, POLY, SSR & Disney Magic
    2011-ASMu, Disney Dream,SSR, CONTEMP,POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed there quite a few times.I think bldg.#45 is the best bldg. at the resort.It's a short walk to the bridge and then I beautiful walk to the main pool and foodcourt.I kind of liked the old pool setup better than the new one but we don't have little ones with us.If we did then we would like the new pool better.I think that what I don't like about the new pool mostly is that when they put it in they had to plant new palmtrees and they are on the small side.I like very lush pool areas but it's not horrible either.The quiet pools are the best on site,very comfortable and much deeper than the main pool.
    The foodcourt is among the best and I love the store at this resort.The buses can be real good and sometime not so good but I guess you get that anywhere you stay.I would have to say NOT to eat at Shutters,the TS restaurant onsite.We ate there twice and both times the service and food was not good.The Banana Cabana poolbar is the best in WDW.The girls that work there are awesome,friendly and the best bartenders in WDW.Overall this is a very nice moderate resort and we would not hesitate to stay there again.Have fun!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10