Quantcast Any ideas to partition off resort room?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any ideas to partition off resort room?

We are traveling to The Wonderful World on June 15 for 9 days. We will be staying at The Dolphin and will have my 16 year old daughter's friend with us. She has traveled with us in the past...but now that they are 16....I'd kind of like a little more division between the 2 beds at night time.....just so we feel a little more private space.

I was looking up different kinds of room dividers that are easily transported but thought I'd check with the Disney EXPERTS here to see if anyone here has any ideas! TIA

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to have put this in the wrong spot...I always think that sort of thing sounds like planning! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I'd check with the hotel first to see if they have anything available. Why buy something if the hotel has something you can use?
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DunkinNut View Post
    Sorry to have put this in the wrong spot...I always think that sort of thing sounds like planning! LOL
    Sometimes it can be either but since you had an accommodations specific question, I moved it over here!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that I can think of that would really work is to change to a mod or value & get 2 connecting rms.
    Yacht Club 5/10/15
    AoA,Boardwalk,Poly,PC,WL,POFQ,AKL,AS(S,M&M),CBR,CS R,POR,Hilton-Hotel Plaza Blvd,Hotel Royal Plaza,On&Off site-many times
    1st visit-10/72
    -------------------------
    Disneyland Hotel,Paridise/ Pan Pacific,mult sites around DL
    1st visit 1975 Honeymoon

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if you want to create a room divider in a hotel room, we need to first, and foremost, not damage the room itself in our efforts to create privacy. I immediately thought about those emergency lightweight foil blankets...

And they are cheap. They weigh 3 ounces. You can connect them together with those big office clips and some string...hook them to the lights that are often hanging on the wall between the two beds and then affix the other end to something...probably by the TV. Best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Please be carful attaching any thing to a light fixture. Anything flammable could become a fire hazard if heat were to build up.

Worst case scenario and if my memory serves me right the fire sprinkler is side wall penetrating and works spraying across the room. If you block the middle of the room you could block the reach of the spray to the far side of the space.

The safety of the room was designed for as you see it without obstructions

That was way to much grown up thought fo me in one day. lol... Please be safe and have a whole lot of fun no matter what!
    1977 FW, 1990 CBBR, 2000 POR,
    2006 ASM, 2007 ASM, 2008 GF
    2009 POP, 2010 ASM, 2010 POP
    2012 POP

POP AGAIN! 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Buy a couple of flat bed sheets before you go and thumb tack them to the ceiling.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

1) Clark Gable used a blanket on a clothes line.
    2) Claudette Colbert didn't seem to mind.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) Clark Gable used a blanket on a clothes line.
    2) Claudette Colbert didn't seem to mind.
    Most 16 year olds today don't know who Clark Gable or Claudette Colbert were!

Back on subject....Some of the above may work for one or two nights, but will get old by the end of the first 7 days...since you are almost certainly driving, consider using the tail gate pop ups....If you have a pop up canopy, (I could find a USC or Clemson one for you) bring it, and just use it in a two dimensional sense, like a fence, rather than as a tent...sets up and folds up quickly, and stores out of the way.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely not recommend attaching anything to the walls or ceiling that would hold sheets or anything else. If it causes damage, you'd be liable for the repair costs. I would really try to find something that can stand on it's own.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Why not try some of those command adhesive hooks that are supposed to not damage walls when you remove them (I use them as bathroom hooks and they hold big soggy towels so they can take some weight) and use the mylar blankets and string, or even bring a flat sheet from home and tie it up to the hooks?

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you from my hotelier background you must absolutely not do anything that could cause any kind of damage and you must absolutely not do anything that violates fire codes. In both cases, the worst case scenario is being evicted from the hotel and paying any repair costs.

That means no tacks in ceilings, no tape, and even things that say they don't damage walls. Anything that leaves even superficial marks may require extra cleanup by the hotel and you will be billed for that.

On the fire code side, attaching to the lights is not allowed. As another post said, the sprinkler system cannot be blocked which means nothing hanging from the ceiling. It's about everyone's safety not just the people in that room. And of course, nothing can be done that blocks anyone from egress from the room.

Your best bet is to contact the hotel for their recommendation. Some hotels have approved dividers available but, since fire codes vary far from all and many jurisdictions don't allow any sort of divider.

Sorry if that sounds rigid but fire codes are and hotels have very little leeway in observing them.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: