Quantcast Name Game! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Name Game!

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Ashton and as a girl that has always gotten me a lot of attention. Having a unique name is something I'd never change and gender jumping names are always interesting.

That being said, I'm personally a fan of old names that have fallen out of favor lately...

Constance
    Temperance
    Abaigail
    Gwendolyn
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What we did was narrow our list down to 4-5 names. We didn't decide on a name because too many people we knew decided on a name only to come home from the hospital with a child of a different name.

With both of our kids, we did NOT find out the sex. So, we had a list of 8-10 names. For our first, being an election year and the shower was a week before voting for pres, we had a poster made with our top 4 names for a boy and one for a girl. Everyone that attended got a sticker and voted for their Favorite name.

Girl - Elizabeth, Natalie, Kailea (k-eye-lee-ah - hawaiian name), Gabrielle(winner)

Boy - Benjamin, Sebastian, Ian(winner) and Zachary

#1 = Girl = Natalie. If during labor you asked me what the name would be if it was a girl, I would have said Gabrielle. As soon as I saw her face, she was Natalie.

For #2, we had lists for each BUT THEY CHANGED ALMOST DAILY!!!!

Girl - Gabrielle (cousin had this on her list so, I gave it to her!), Isabel, Sabrina, Nina, Malena, Kailea, Simone

Boy - same as the first list.

#2=girl=Isabel. It took me almost a full day to name her. I was torn between Isabel and Sabrina (nick name Nina!).

My most favorite name however is Nayah (N-eye-ah). This would have been Natalie's name but, a few months before I had her, my cousin had her baby (never told anyone their name) and she named her DD Maya. So, they are a few months apart and would have been Nayah and Maya.

If there is ever a number 3, I will name her Nayah or Kailea or Evangeline (far enough in age). If a boy, the only name we like is Zachary.

Good luck and congrats!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I never got to name a girl, but these were the ones I liked:

Emma Grace (my friend accidentally took this one from me; thank goodness I had a boy!)

I also like the names Natalie and Caroline.

If I had a little girl today, I would probably name her Kristin Faith.
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

I like the name Analeigh (pronounced with a soft "a") for a girl. Congrats on your child
    A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep...

Post Thanks / Like

I like Nicole or Kylee and Michael or Charles. I always wanted a girl named Nicole (Nicky) Congratulations

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    We're actually expecting as well (although we don't know what it is yet) and have been sort of struggling with names.
    Off topic but just wanted to say Congratulations to your family, too!
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to add that there is a book and website that we loved when we were prego and name hunting. The book is The Name Wizard and the website is the same name with .com at the end.

Good Luck and let us know (if you can) what names you have chosen. I love to hear what names people have selected and why.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

I like traditional names. With both kids, I wanted to give them a name that would work when they were 30, 60, 90. There are just some names to me that don't work the older you get. So we have a Hannah and Nicholas. I was worried that Hannah would be one of a bazillion in her class at school, but she is actually the only one. It was the third most popular name the year she was born. Then there's Nicholas who has earned so many nicknames its crazy--Nikko, husband's family is Greek and that is what his GF called him and then he started calling himself that, Nickel, Pickle, Nickel Pickle. I tried coming up with all sorts of weird nicknames before they were born, but never thought anyone would call him Nickel Pickle, which he loves.

Names that I liked but never got to use were:
    Girls - Jenna, Kristina, Isabella
    Boys - Christopher, Alexander (there's about 7 Alexanders in my husbands family)
    Oct 97 All Star Music
    Dec 2008 CBR - First Family Trip
    February 2012 POP/BC

"I could get used to a view like this. Yep, I'm used to it. Guys I want a castle."

Post Thanks / Like

We gave our girls relatively common, very feminine first names with androgynous nicknames (Alexandra, Samantha - Alex, Ally, Lex, Lexy, Sam, Sammy, etc.) coupled with unusual and rather literary middle names so as adults they'll have many options. So far so good. We also considered what the names mean: Alexandra means "helper of mankind" (Greek) and Samantha is Hebrew for "listener".
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your warm wishes and great ideas. As funny (or sad) as it is, we are STILL debating names! Thank you to all that have contributed to the list!
    July 06: Coronado Springs (Honeymoon)
    Sept 07: POP Century
    Feb 09: Port Orleans Riverside
    Dec 09: Caribbean Beach
    Jan 11: Coronado Springs

I blame this obsession on my wife...

Post Thanks / Like

Had my son been a girl, he would have been Paige Alexandra. Still love this name.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I named my youngest Lilly after Walt's wife. There used to be the empress lilly at downtown disney it was what is now fultons crab house. a lot of people ask where we thought of it and I tell them but it isn't obvious.
    Good luck. My husband and I are both in education and it was REALLY hard to find a name that didn't remind us of a student or make us think of what kind of nicknames the other kids would come up with for her.
    WDW trips 76-77 off site 78-83 Vacation Villas 85,88, Club Lake Villas 88-89-91,95,99-00,03-05,07-08,09-11 Caribbean Beach 96-98,02 Boardwalk Villas 06 Boardwalk Inn/
    Go Boilers!![/FONT]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: