Quantcast do you consider not doing september due to heat?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do you consider not doing september due to heat?

hi,

wife and I heve done florida 5 times in florida because of it being a perfect month for waterparks and the beaches and free dining is great also.

we are considering early september again this year but the only reason we are undecided about maybe doing la instead is the intense heat and humidity in florida at this time.

has anyone else considered this because of the heat?
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I like going in early September. It feels very summery and park attendance is typically down at this time.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Our favorite time to be in Florida, and WDW, is mid-to-late September. Temps are quite warm and humidity is up, but very manageable after coming off a long, hot summer. Although still in peak hurricane season, there has yet to have been a threat during our trips over the past 8 years -- only the typical tropical afternoon showers.

Of the times we have visited - early-January; mid-February; mid-to-late September; and early-December - we enjoy the September times the best.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been to WDW in late Sept. twice and it was warm and still felt like summer. It might get a tiny bit of a chill at night, but not much.
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

When I go to Florida I want heat and humidity.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We go to Disney every year in September usually the last week of September and in my opinion the humidity and heat really are not all that bad. As long as you stay hydrated and use the shade it is very manageable. We even go with small kids and they don’t seem to mind. Hope you have a great trip!
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

I never go in Sept. because I would rather wait a few weeks and go during the Food and Wine Festival. I was there this past last week of Oct. and it was 90+/90+. It can be hot and humid there almost anytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyin tago View Post
    wife and I heve done florida 5 times in florida because ...
    How many times have you done Florida not in Florida?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

We go most times in Sept. We like the heat and humidity because living in Minnesota we need to soak it all in since we know that 6 months of winter is coming.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

The heat and humidity is one of the reasons I go then. I hate the cold and love the heat so I am really looking forward to going then.
    It's especially bad just now because it is about its -1c here (about 30F) and tommorrow and Thursday its going to snow again
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We refused to go in September for years after boiling one year. Then we experienced 30 degree days in Disney in January and decided that having the heat and guaranteed swimming was way better!

Post Thanks / Like

When we went in the summer it was always August...now THAT's hot!
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

We seem to always plan September!! I love the heat of September and that park attendance is lower. We love going to the waterparks this time of year too!! For me it is perfect temp wise. I went once in July.... WOW, now that is HOT!! Although we did make a quick 4 day trip this January, right after they had the freezes, and I did love just wearing a light coat in the am, packing was soooooo much easier(1 outfit per day as opposed to 2/day minimum). But, I really missed the waterparks and swimming.
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

We went the week after labor day in '08. It was HOT ... upper 90's and low 100's every day. Very sunny and humid. I personally felt it did affect our time there. It was exhausting and our energy levels were lower then I think they would be otherwise. We stayed hydrated and spuirted ourselves often with those fan bottles, but it was uncomfortable. I'm from the Northeast though and not used to that kind of weather. So it was a challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone in September a couple of times. The first time it was not so hot - mid 80's. The second time it was almost every day in the 90's. That trip the weather took a lot out of us.

This year we talked about going again in September for the lower crowds and a chance at free dining if offered. Then we remembered the last September we went and decided to do the trip in April (since Easter is early this year), hoping for warmer, but not hot hot weather.

Of course, we also have had the opposite. January when they had a freeze warning and couldn't run the monorails. It was colder in Orlando than it was in Washington DC a couple of days that trip .
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Post Thanks / Like

September used to be our month of choice. We always went the week after Labor day. Talk about NO CROWDS! Even while I was prego, September was least crowded and that's was worth more to me than the temp.

October became our new month of choice because of my b-day, MNSSHP and Food and wine Fest. The crowds are still almost non-exsistant when we go in Oct.
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We love it in September, yes, it is still warm and humid, but the crowds are less and we have learned to adapt by doing park early morning, swim at resort in the heat of the day and then go back out at night to a park. We were there this past September and yes it was hot but we had so much fun and will do it again in September of 2011... This year it is the cruise we are trying....

Post Thanks / Like

Question How Hot is Hot?

I can't remember the last time I was in Florida in September, but next year we will be spending a week (last week of Sept). After reading all the posts I'm getting the impression that the heat and humidity could be brutal.

How hot does it typically get in September?
    Tonya
    1988 Off Property
    Fall 1993 College Program
    1998 Off Property
    1999 Off Property
    July 2007 Wilderness Lodge
    Aug 2013 Off Property
    Sept 2016 AK Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

The beginning of the month features both high humidity and temperatures. It begins to moderate a little bit by the end of the month.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I have been in September once - for free dining - andt we won't go back again in September because it was so hot and humid. I'm sure it's hotter in July or August, but we didn't enjoy it. The crowds were the best we've ever experienced at WDW, but it's not worth it to us. We prefer mid-Nov or late-Jan. It can get a little chilly sometimes, but we much prefer that to the heat.

Post Thanks / Like

I try not to go in Sept, but I'm not always successful. I just don't do well in the heat (the vapors, you know, lol). My most recent Sept trip, while I stood waiting for the bus at Epcot back to OKW, the sweat just poured off of me--and all I was doing was standing, in the shade, drinking water, and dreaming of a cold shower.

I really prefer November, before the Thanksgiving holiday.

Used to go in early December, but after being at MVMCP in 36 degree weather without anything heavier than my Tink hoodie...no thanks!
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: