Quantcast We met two new RARE Characters!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default We met two new RARE Characters!

This weekend we were at HS and watched the Beauty and the Beast Live Show for the first time. First of all this is an Amazing Show and I highly recommend it. Well afterwards DW and I were treated to a private meet and greet with BELLE in a beautiful gold dress (different from Toontown) the PRINCE, yes the actual prince not Beast, and GASTON. They were all AWESOME!
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

very very cool!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

that is so cool. Lucky lucky you
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

*hold heart*

One of my top three Disney boyfriends! (Along with Captain Jack and Prince Naveen, who stole my heart this week...)
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

How cool

Post Thanks / Like

That's awsome!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Nice find Hayden's Dad! We had our best character interaction ever with Gaston, he was awesome.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

sounds awesome! How did you manage that one? Just hanging out afterwards and they asked you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak1313 View Post
    sounds awesome! How did you manage that one? Just hanging out afterwards and they asked you?
    yeah im wondering this too, as this is my fav disney movie and show, and i would love to meet the beast in prince form
    Just call me Jen ;)

2/11-8/11: WDWCP DHS Attractions - GMR
    Current - GMR/JTA/Star Tours

Previous Trips:
    10/21/10-10/24/10 - Halloween Party
    9/10/10-9/12/10 - Tink Weekend :D
    6/23/10-6/30/10
    March 2010
    March 2009
    10/24/08 - 10/25/08
    August, 2007
    Many, Many more....

Post Thanks / Like

Really it was just a matter of asking the right people. We asked at the gate if any of the characters did meets and they told us no, but after the show I noticed some people in the VIP section were taken around the corner. So we hung out a little and then asked one of the CMs down by the stage and explained how our son was a HUGE character collector and we were still meeting new characters for him he then got the stage manager who was more than happy to help she asked us to come back to the last show where we had VIP seats and afterwards they took us back. There was only one other family that did a meet, but they knew one of the stagehands and I have no idea who they met as their meet was private too. I don't know if it was our story about Hayden that let us meet them or if anyone can just ask as long as you ask the right person. Good Luck.
    Never underestimate the power of pixie dust!!

Post Thanks / Like

ahh cool, sounds fun. and where's the vip section cuz i never new there was one
    Just call me Jen ;)

2/11-8/11: WDWCP DHS Attractions - GMR
    Current - GMR/JTA/Star Tours

Previous Trips:
    10/21/10-10/24/10 - Halloween Party
    9/10/10-9/12/10 - Tink Weekend :D
    6/23/10-6/30/10
    March 2010
    March 2009
    10/24/08 - 10/25/08
    August, 2007
    Many, Many more....

Post Thanks / Like

The VIP section is middle front they are usually pretty restrictive over who gets in, but occasionally you can find a soft hearted CM who will ask the stage manager. Of course we have also encoutered a CM who was very put out, that we even asked.

Once we were pin trading with a manager outside the show. During the course of the trade he found out my oldest son who was little at the time, loved Gaston. He told us to wait we waited and he told us to come back tomorrow and they would put us in the VIP and let us meet Gaston.

Another time we had our youngest son who is special needs and they allowed us to meet Cogsworth, and Lumiere, Belle, and Prince.

The thing with this as with all things Disney that are "special perks", they are normally reserved for special needs kids, but not exclusive to them. From my experiance kindness and being in the right place at the right time are the proper ingrediants to having the opprotunity. With that said I am always leary of sharing about these experiances, not becuase I do not want others to have them, but becuase I fear that if too many people are approching Disney for these opportunities at the attractions, then the company will make a policy that stops the practice...make sense? Disney prefers keeping these things on the down low...

However I doubt there would be a ripple effect from the few hundred people who read this thread So good luck.

We have been told no many times when asking for something like this, but it never hurts to ask.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlawler View Post

The thing with this as with all things Disney that are "special perks", they are normally reserved for special needs kids, but not exclusive to them. From my experiance kindness and being in the right place at the right time are the proper ingrediants to having the opprotunity. With that said I am always leary of sharing about these experiances, not becuase I do not want others to have them, but becuase I fear that if too many people are approching Disney for these opportunities at the attractions, then the company will make a policy that stops the practice...make sense? Disney prefers keeping these things on the down low...

I wholeheartedly agree. Those kids deserve something special & its great that Disney does things like this for them. And its true if people start catching on to it you don't want it to be something that they stop.

Hayden's Dad I am so happy that you got to meet these characters and I too agree that this show is great! I live right by NYC so I have seen the Broadway show and I actually LOVED the WDW show better!!!!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Hayden's Dad on your find! You two deserve all the pixie dust you can get! Glad someone with a warm heart was there for you!

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! This is one of my favorite movies so I'm glad you got to meet them.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

FYI - Many times the VIP section is just for the family and friends of cast members in the show - or special Disney invited guests.
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden's Dad View Post
    This weekend we were at HS and watched the Beauty and the Beast Live Show for the first time. First of all this is an Amazing Show and I highly recommend it. Well afterwards DW and I were treated to a private meet and greet with BELLE in a beautiful gold dress (different from Toontown) the PRINCE, yes the actual prince not Beast, and GASTON. They were all AWESOME!
    i have meet belle and the beast but not the prince that is wonderful so cool
    June 2002 - AS Movies
    June 2006 - Pop Century
    June 2008 - AS Music
    June 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
    May - June 2010 - POR
    July 2011 - Pop Century
    July 2012 - POFQ
    June 2013 - POFQ
    March 2014 - AS Sports
    July 2014 - AKL
    Everything is better with a little magic!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: