Quantcast Do you think Michael Vick will play in the NFL in the near future ? - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiggTigg5 View Post
    Yep. My opinion of the Eagles management organization just went from a 10 to a 0.

I was thinking more of a 0 to a -10

Just what I needed another reason to hate the Eagles

I can't wait to see our resident Eagle Fans reaction to this
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I was thinking more of a 0 to a -10

Just what I needed another reason to hate the Eagles

I can't wait to see our resident Eagle Fans reaction to this
    No need for razzing, I cannot possible be more outraged or disgusted. I will not be supporting this team as long as this person who electrocuted, drowned, and beat dogs to death is a part of it. I am not a hypocrite. I am making signs now and will be protesting the press conference tomorrow.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll tell ya one thing. As an Atlanta Falcons fan, I can't wait for December 6th when the Eagles visit the Falcons in Georgia...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I have even changed my custom Intercot Avatar which featured me as a 4 year old child in an Eagles helmet. To heck with this team. All of my disposable income that I spend on sports paraphernalia now goes to the Phils and Flyguys
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Now the thing I find interesting is how McNabb praises vick. It must be nice to live in a world that is only about what you do on the field...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

National
    Felons
    League

The really unfortunate thing is that idiots like Vick and the people in the league who so strongly support him cheapen and detract from the many good things done by so many other players who keep their professional and personal lives clean and honorable.

I sincerely hope that the good people of the City of Brotherly Love send a loud and clear message to the Eagles by boycotting the games.... but unfortunately I'm too much of a realist to expect that to happen.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

I am such a huge Eagles fan that I won't turn my back on the team and stop watching the games because of this. I love them too much to do all that.

Vick served his time and was given another chance. I do not think what he did was okay at all, in fact it was a disgusting crime to commit. I am just saying that he would have been signed to any other team in the NFL anyway and it just so happened to be with the our team...the Eagles. I was surprised just like everyone else, but I'm not gonna pout over it. Whats done is done and theres nothing we can do about it.

GO BIRDSSSSSSS!!!!!!
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

I've never been a fan of the NFL and I'm even less of one now.
    DVC Member at the Boardwalk since 1998
    6/99 Old Key West
    6/00 Boardwalk
    6/01 Wilderness Lodge
    6/02 Boardwalk
    7/03 Beach Club
    7/04 Beach Club
    7/05 Saratoga Springs
    6/06 Boardwalk
    1/8-1/12/08 Boardwalk
    10/27-10/30/09 Boardwalk
    12/18-12/22/09 Boardwalk

10/24-10/30/15 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

I am done with the NFL. Seriously, the Sunday ticket is canceled for the first time in 6 years. I just can't handle it any more. Vick and Stallworth, poor officiating, etc.

The players don't care about their cities or the fans. Heck, Rooney thanked Obama before even thanking the fans after the last Super Bowl

Living in Pittsburgh, it is a shame that so many people love a team (almost in an obsessed way) that really doesn't care about them. I am not saying you shouldn't be proud of your city and its teams, I am just saying that everyone has a point at which enough is enough. I have reached that point with the NFL.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Um....guys?

Reality check here.

Ray Lewis was an accessory to murder, yet I hear no one freaking out that he's back in the league.

I'm no huge fan of Vick's, but the man did his time. You think he shoudn't be allowed to make a living?

What happened to rehabilitation? Why don't we just fry him and get it over with then?

Post Thanks / Like

Look, I am not a big Eagles fan, but as I have said before the NFL is littered with players who support many vile things and people who have committed equally heinous crimes and I do not see all of you getting in an uproar over them. Vick has served his time and has apologized for his actions as well as working with the Humane Society. There is really nothing more the man could do to express his remorse.

Of course there will be people who will not forgive Vick. I wonder how you all would feel if this was Stallworth? Would you be as outraged if a man who willfully got behind the wheel after drinking and killed another person was signed to your team? Goodell at least gave Stallworth a proper, stronger punishment than the courts did (which really makes me angry).

As you all know, I am a big Phillies fan. A couple of years back, Brett Myers was charged after he publicly assaulted his wife on the street in Boston. Yes, she dropped the charges, but that is not uncommon for women who are continually abused as they are too afraid to speak out. As much as I abhor Brett's actions, I still support the Phillies. I choose to ignore Brett Myers and have not supported anything he has done on the mound (including clinching the NL East in 2007) but realize as much as I think the best he deserves to do is clean the streets, there aren't any rules saying he cannot make a living in his chosen profession.

Um....guys?

Reality check here.

Ray Lewis was an accessory to murder, yet I hear no one freaking out that he's back in the league.

I'm no huge fan of Vick's, but the man did his time. You think he shoudn't be allowed to make a living?

What happened to rehabilitation? Why don't we just fry him and get it over with then?
    Wow, here's a first, I agree with a Yankees fan...
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Um....guys?

Reality check here.

I completely agree...especially about Ray Lewis.

If anything this is a good decision on the Eagles end because he is a great athlete. He won't play as much, not as backup QB at least, but he will be used as a Weapon just like Antoine Randel El !
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Wow, here's a first, I agree with a Yankees fan...
    I just got off the phone with Satan. He says the flurries are getting heavier.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to get into the back and forth again so this will be it for me. I don't think ANY one who has committed violent crimes should play. IS he rehabbed? I don't know that, how do any of you? The Eagles didn't even work him out physically, do you think they did a comprehensive psychological test? Of course he's saying all the right things, what else can he do? And With the recidivism rate in the US I can hardly put faith in our penal system- Christine you are disgusted with Stallworth being out of jail already, and I am too. Brett Myers is scum and I was shocked to hear that news, and had he beat his wife again or tortured her I would've turned my back on the Phillies if they kept him on. But, apparently he didn't, and she forgave him. The dogs Vick murdered over a period of 6 years can't do that. Yes I was out there today protesting with my fiance and was interviewed by almost all local news outlets print and tv and was even interviewed by Sports Illustrated. I've never protested anything before but that's because nothing has hit so close to home for me. I cannot condone the Eagles giving this man 1.6 million plus options to PLAY A SPORT after committing these atrocities. Earn a living some other way. You want to make up for what you did? Tour the nation saying "Look what dog fighting did to me, I lost my money and a career I loved." Instead it sends the message (along with all other violent criminals who have been reinstated) that as long as you are a celebrity, you will be forgiven. Not one cent of my money will go to the Eagles as long as Vick in on the payroll. They only way I can possibly begin to root for them with him on the team is if he does something like give his millions over to charity. You wanna call me crazy, go right ahead. I've finally learned that there are somethings more important in life than sports and cannot separate the man on the field from the man off the field. If this is the cost of winning, I want no part of it.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Um....guys?

Reality check here.

This entire debate is silly ... What Michael Vick did was disgusting, but there are other NFL players in the league today that have done far worse things than Vick did.

There are countless active players in the NFL I can think of who have killed other human beings, beaten their wives, done drugs, sold drugs, illegally carried guns, assaulted people, and dozens of other crimes that are equal to or worse than what Vick did.

Am I thrilled that the Eagles signed him? Not really ... but some team was going to sign him and he's an immense talent, so it might as well be the Eagles.

He did his time ... I actually believe, largely based on his work with Tony Dungy, that he's a better person now. No biggie to me and, honestly, I'm a little surprised at the level of outrage from some folks.

In my book, a wife beater is a heckuva lot worse than Mike Vick.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Eh ... I disagree. I watched Vick play a lot and I think he is exactly what his stats say he is. A very, very mediocre passer who was able (at times) to make some things happen with his legs.

He's now basically three years older and he's been away from the game for two full seasons. I can't imagine that's helped his agility and speed any. If anything, I think he'll be worse instead of better.
    Personally, I'd have nothing to do with him. First off, I think people are forgetting ... he was mediocre at best as a quarterback. I can't imagine that two years away from the game has helped that any. Secondly, the outcry from the fan base, the PETA protests, the accompanying loss of team revenue, the public image hit ... No WAY it's worth it to bring in a sub-par player who's two or three years older than he was before when he wasn't that good.
    But listen ... his last full season (2006) he ranked 20th in the NFL in passer rating (75.7), 22nd in passing yards (2,474), 31st in completion percentage (52.6%).

In terms of being a starting NFL quarterback ... i.e. being able to pass the ball ... he was the very definition of below average.

He could run back then and that made him (I guess) a little more valuable than just his stats, but even so ... very, very average.
    Am I thrilled that the Eagles signed him? Not really ... but some team was going to sign him and he's an immense talent, so it might as well be the Eagles.

So he went from sub-par to an immense talent just by signing with the Eagles. Talk about amazing tranformations
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

No no no ... don't twist what I said ... I said he isn't a great quarterback ... and he isn't.

He's a tremdendously talented athlete. The Eagles certainly won't be using him as a QB. He'll be a "slash" kinda player.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    So he went from sub-par to an immense talent just by signing with the Eagles. Talk about amazing tranformations
    Almost as good as hammers quip about clevland...
    but you still deserve

With that said- I hope he has learned. I hope that he will become a model citizen, that he will work for years with Animal shelters, animal rights groups , etc. I hope it is not for show.

Well goodluck Eagles fans.
    As Ian has pointed out- you've got some talent there...

Post Thanks / Like

Go Eagles!
    1st Trip: 1987 (Off-site)
    2nd Trip: Nov 2003 (All Star Movies)
    Next Trip: Sep 9-15, 2012 (Art of Animation)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    Almost as good as hammers quip about clevland...

Well goodluck Eagles fans.
    As Ian has pointed out- you've got some talent there...
    Honest question: I said something bad about Cleveland? If I did, I did not mean to. Cleveland sports fans have been put through enough without me saying things about them . I try to be nice to most teams' fans (well not the Yankees ).

Maryanne, I respect your position, even though I do not agree. I actually think I saw you on ESPN. I have hope with his work with Tony Dungy and the humane society that he can do some good to try and repair some of the bad things he has done, though he obviously can only do so much. Then it is up to the individual on if he/she can accept him.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: