Quantcast Backpacks vs Fannie Packs - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer to carry in WDW, a backpack or a fannie pack?

Voters
255. You may not vote on this poll
  • Backpack

132 51.76%
  • Fannie-pack

59 23.14%
  • Neither

64 25.10%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oops.

Didn't know everyone felt so strongly about their fanny packs. Fanny away my friends. I support you 100%.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

we like the messenger style bags, they carry more than a fanny pack, and you don't have to take it off to access your things like a back pack
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cather74 View Post
    Didn't know everyone felt so strongly about their fanny packs. Fanny away my friends. I support you 100%.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I carried a backpack the last time I went. I was just shopping at Marshalls today and got a great Baggallini messenger sling bag at a great price. It is smaller the backpack, put seems like it will be easier to keep things organized.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to be unencumbered (sp?). If I must choose one, I would say fanny pack.

I'm one of those odd people who HATES back packs.
    Dec '88 - off site
    Dec '91 - off site
    Mar '93 - off site
    Dec '94 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '96 - All Star Sports
    Mar '98 - Dixie Landings
    Dec '01 - Dixie Landings
    May '04 - PORS
    May '06 - PORS
    Nov '08 - PORS
    Nov '10 - PORS
    Nov '12 - PORS
    Nov '14 - PORS
    Nov '16 - PORS

Post Thanks / Like

Fanny pack- yuck! I don't own one. Usually I bring a large purse and put what we need in there. DH has the big slr camera so he wears that on a strap. We pack pretty light so that usually works for us.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cargo Shorts are the way to go.

Cargo Shorts. Fannie Packs are so 1991. I do bring a drawstring backpack with me. You can find them cheap and they aren't bulky or get in the way. I picked up a POTC one at the hotel I was staying at and I use it all of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Call me "old school", but I still use my fanny pack!: DH doesn't use anything, just keeps his stuff in his pockets (aren't cargo short great?) No offense to the back-pack carriers, but I dislike getting behind them in the security lines! And getting hit w/one is unpleasant, to say the least! I carry only my small camera/camcorder (an all-in-one unit), my card key, $, and ID. It's in front, so no chance of pick-pocketing or bumping someone else in line w/it, and alot easier and faster getting thru security checks. Obviously, being unfashionable is not a big concern here, when it comes to comfort and convenience!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lightyearfan View Post
    but shorts are meant not to pass the knees???????? if you are going to wear shorts that pass the knees, you might as well just wear pants
    Actually, even though they go slightly past the knees, cargo shorts are actually quite useful with all their pockets. Not to mention I think they breath better than any sort of jean material. On a hot day, that's something very important.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

Though I would not be caught dead wearing a fanny pack normally, it is great for Disney trips. I carry my camera, wallet, quart size baggies (to keep everything dry on water rides), hand sanitizer, fast passes and resort tickets.
    POR 3/2006
    GF 12/2010
    CSR 3/2011
    DLH 6/2012, 6/2013
    POFQ 3/2007, 4/2008, 12/2008, 3/2010, 10/2011, 4/2013, 3/2015, 5/2017
    BC 3/2014
    AKL 9/2015, 5/2018
    BW 9/2017

Post Thanks / Like

We use a messenger style backpack. We use it to carry ponchos, snacks, camera/camcorder, diapers, wipes, and a water bottle. I have never, nor will we ever, use a fanny pack!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!!

Caribbean Beach Resort (several times)
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Contemporary
    Yacht Club
    Polynesian
    Dixie Landings
    Coronodo Springs
    Pop Century (honeymoon!!)
    Up next CBR June 3-12!!!

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to be able to go to the parks without a backpack to carry everything but I can't seem to be able to live without it. I use it to carry my camera, ponchos, water bottle, hand sanitizer, medicine, etc.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

I have carried a backpack at WDW for the last 15 years. My latest backpack is one of those nylon drawstrings and it's actually been the best one I've ever carried. I also carry a camera case for many years now too. My mom always carries a fannie pack.
    4 trips from 83-85 Buena Vista Palace
    6/90 CB
    12/91 CB
    6/93 DL
    6/94 DL
    2/95 DL
    12/95 WL
    11/96 Disney Institute
    5/98 DL
    5/00 DL
    11/02 ASM
    9/04 PO RS
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 Off grounds
    5/06 PO RS
    5/07 PC
    4/08 PC
    11/08 PC
    10/09 PC
    Coming 4/10 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    utility belt = fanny pack
    I love it! That's what I'm going to say now whenever anyone asks me if I carry a fannypack! I just went from "dork" to "superhero"!!

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I carry a small, lightweight, plush Stitch backpack that I bought at WoD in NYC back in 2004 (slightly bigger than the ones they sell in WDW). He goes on every WDW trip with me.

And what's cool....I can dress him up! He wore an Elvis costume to MNSSHP last year, an elf costume around Christmas, a safari outfit to AK, German lederhosen to Epcot (I'm German), a Hawaiian shirt loaded with pins, etc. The Hawaiian shirt with the pins on it is great because I don't trade, but I do like to have some pins displayed, and he's the perfect way to do that. The CM's and guests always rave about him!

He's just big enough to hold a tiny wallet, a compact w/mirror, lip gloss, sanitizer, money, AP, bandaids, and my sunglasses, yet small enough not to get in the way on rides and in lines.

When not in WDW, he stays on our bed at home. He only gets worn in WDW!

DH carries a very small camera bag that holds our point and shoot digital and our HD camcorder. Now that we got our new Leica D-LUX 4 that shoots 10.1 MPX images and HD video, some days he'll probably only carry that in its custom case (very tiny) if he doesn't want to take the camcorder.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you Fanny Pack users. I'm a male and wouldn't be caught dead with one. I'll carry a backpack looong before a fanny pack. Plus cargo shorts have all the pockets I need plus a bunch more.
    WDW '71-'81(numerous)
    Yearly '98 - '08
    Last Trip July 2014

Next Trip ???
    Keep to the code... If you fall behind, you get left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I have three different Disney Fanny Packs. I wouldn't use anything else. I hate using pockets, just not enough room. Never tried the Cargo pants. I did a back pack one time and regreted it the whole time. On a nice hot and humid day gets kind of randy at the end of the day if you ask me. Why would you want to carry something that big on rides and such. The fanny pack doesn't get in the way. You can't hit anybody with them and they are right there in case you need your wallet,Camera,Phone or tickets. You don't have to stop and take the pack off for what you need. Just walk and grab. I just can't believe some of you won't be caught dead with them. Why?

Post Thanks / Like

I used to carry everything I own around WDW with me in a backpack, but I'm down to a coin purse in my pocket. It's big enough for money, park pass and a little pill case. My camera is on a strap I made that I can sling over my shoulder, so that is hands free too. I don't like having lots of junk to tote around with me...It's enough work walking around all day without carrying around 40 lbs of this, that and the other too! I also don't like to deal with bag check...especially at Epcot. That's the worst!

I'm Pooh shaped...fanny packs just emphasize that...no need to draw more attention to myself! But if that is what floats your boat, more power too you!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I (like a PP) do not post very often, but I must post in defense of the "waist pack" wearers! I follow the "3 C's" of "real-life" fashion - Cost, Comfort, & Convenience! The waist packs are compact, convenient, less "sweat-inducing" and avoid the constant (albeit accidental) rudeness of wacking people with a backpack when removing it to look for stuff or the irritation of holding up a line while searching the caverns of a large bag for money, passes, etc. Obviously, the muti-generational, cross-cultural,& wide-spread geographical membership of this board will have differing opinions, but when we're in WDW, does it really matter what bag we're wearing? I can assure you, when I'm there, I won't be caring a flip!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 24 and use a fanny pack that i have turned into a utility belt. Wouldn't you want comfort over fashion when your walking on average 5 miles a day in the Florida heat. Also, some people like myself cannot use backpacks for medical reasons. For me the choice of being able to walk and not end up in an ecv or looking silly for my fanny pack, the fanny pack wins. BTW with the using both i have a reusable mickey tote i bought at the parks attached to the pack for when i need more space. It makes my life a lot easier when i clip it on with a carabiner so i can have all my bags hands free.
    *~*~Linny~*~*

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: