Quantcast What is your typical length of stay at WDW?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question What is your typical length of stay at WDW?

What is your typical length of stay at WDW?

If you stay longer than a week, what is the touring schedule like? Water parks some days? Shopping in Orlando? What do you do?

My typical stay at WDW is 7 or so days. I guess I'm gonna have to try a two week trip sometime!!
    ~~ Lisa ~~
    You're of worth! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Trips to WDW: 6
    Trips to Disneyland: 8 plus.

John 3:16 is a place to start.....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Typical stay

I like to stay 7 nights if we can. That way there is no huge rush to see everything.
    Jen
    Massachusetts

October 1995 - Carribean Beach

November 2007 - All Star Movies

August 2016 - All Star Music/Port Orleans Riverside

August 2019 - All Star Music/Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Every year we go in late summer for around 9 or 10 days, but if we go between its around 6 days. In the summer, we don't spend the whole day at the theme park. We go in the morning and come back to the hotel around 1, to swim. Sometimes we spend a whole day at DTD though
    I love Disney!!!

next trip: Spring break BW Villas

hakuna matata! :)

Post Thanks / Like

We went for 7 days and 6 nights and plan on the same pace for the next trip. I'd love to stay for 10 days or longer and fit in some other things in the area, but we haven't been able to afford a longer trip (yet).
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

It varies. We go out for the weekend (1-3 nights, depending on work schedule) every now and then, and take 3-4 long trips a year (8 days). We also take a lot of day trips, so 8 days is perfect--not too long, not too short.
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Though we have stayed as long as two weeks, our average trip is 5-6 nights. On these trips, we tend to not leave Disney until it is time to head home.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

We live in WA state. So with the airfare costs and how much time it takes to get there we only go every few years and stay for at least 10 days. But we hit DL inbetween that.

Our next trip I am planning on at least a full 14 days. Ten day parkhoppers, a day at each waterpark, a day of rest that we can maybe minigolf, play at the hotel pool and visit downtown disney not at night time. And we usually fly redeye so we get there at 8 am and in the past we have gone into parks that day but this time we can use it to relax and do other things.

But we get up early come back and nap and swim than stay out late.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

We like to stay at least a week though we prefer staying 1-1/2 to 2 weeks more. Despite this, there are times when we've gone for just a long weekend.

Typically, we like to have 1 or 2 days in each park with at least 1-2 days of down time. We've been to the water parks but that is not our top priority. On down days, we might spend the day at our resort pool; spend some time at Downtown Disney; rent boats, canoes, or bicycles; or resort hop.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Were taking our 4th trip to WDW this year.

In order of trips, we have stayed 9 nights, 10 nights, 12 nights and staying 10 nights again this year.

Our kids are still little, so we like to take extra days so we can take our time. We take a break almost every day for a swim and nap in the middle of the day.

When we stayed 12 nights, we also did the 2 waterparks and Disney quest a couple times.

We have yet to leave Disney property after arriving there.

This year, we have season passes to Sea World that are good for any of the "Sea World/Busch Gardens" parks around the country (Not discovery cove). So we plan on going to Sea World for 1 day this year. Knowing us... we will tack a day on at the end of the trip and stay an extra night by sea world. lol.

Just can't walk from the magic once were there!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Our trips are always 4 nights/5 days. Last time we did all 4 parks, a day Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney and made time to stop at Poly and see the Electrical Water Pageant. Not to mention we left the World nearly everday to go out to eat or shopping, and took midday breaks.

Our wedding/honeymoon trips was 10 days. But the 4 nights/5 days is what works best for us. We don't like being away from home for too long.
    Cindy

1981 Off Site WDW
    1983 Disneyland
    1997 Polynesian
    2000 Villas @ Disney Institute
    2000 Off Site
    2001 ASMusic
    2003 Coronado Springs
    2007 ASMusic
    2009 - Caribbean Beach
    October 2012 - My 40th birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

Our trips vary in length but seem to average 8 days. We've gone as little as 4 days and as long as 10 days.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting question. I think I'll start a poll.

We usually stay for 7 nights (if we can) sometimes less. I wish we could stay for two weeks, but haven't found to way to make it happen. . . . Yet.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

We started out doing 8 days but it turned out 8 was not enough in our case and we are going for 10 this time.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Before I got married 5 years ago, I would go twice a year, and spend about 7 - 10 days each time.

Since I have gotten married, I have been once, but am going again in a a few weeks.

I never made a schedule (except where I had to purchase tickets (i.e. Candlelight Processional).
    I would just go where I felt like going.

The funny thing is, as many times as I have been to WDW, I have never visited a water park. They just never have interested me.

One of the great things for me about WDW is not haveing to figure anything out ahead of time, park visiting wise.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Our typical trip had been 7 days/six nights . . . but found that our travel days barely counted (unless lucky enough to hit evening EMH upon arrival), so it felt more like 5 days. Which we decided was just not enough time.
    So now we travel for 10 days . . . but again, we don't count our travel days. So that gives us 8 park hopping days. 2 days MK, 2 days EP, 1 day AK, 1 day HS, 1 day TL or BB and 1 rest day/resort hopping.
    Works for us!!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

We do a 2 week trip when we go in Oct/Nov. We buy 10 day park hoppers w/ water parks @ more. We spend 10 days in the main parks, do a night of MNSSHP, Disney Quest, an evening @ the Boardwalk, and the water park that is open. We also do Deluxe dining w/ 2 sit down meals a day. Food and Wine is this time of year as well. We also hit the outlets in Orlando, we love the DW Outlets. The crowds are low this time of year so we can go @ a more relaxed pace which is nice.
    Last edited by doombuggygal; 06-30-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Post Thanks / Like

i try to get in 9 days, 8 nights...that gives you 1 1/2 days at MK, 2 1/2 days at epcot, 1 day at HS, 1 day at AK, 1 chil day to hang out and swim, 1 day to explore other disney stuff (downtown disney, boardwalk, etc...) and then one day to mix and match our favorite parts of the park.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Our 1st trip was 3 nights, 2nd trip 4 nights, 3rd trip 5 nights, next trip will be 6 nights, trip for 2010 will be 7 nights. I'm working my way up to dream vacation of 2 weeks slowly so my family won't catch on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
    Our 1st trip was 3 nights, 2nd trip 4 nights, 3rd trip 5 nights, next trip will be 6 nights, trip for 2010 will be 7 nights. I'm working my way up to dream vacation of 2 weeks slowly so my family won't catch on
    How very sneaky of you!!
    Sarah
    "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are,when you wish upon a star your dreams, come TRUE"

Post Thanks / Like

Our trips generally have been 8-11 days. We spend 1-3 days in each park (depending on the park), a day at DTD, and a day resort hopping. We sleep in many days and take things at a fairly relaxed pace.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: