Quantcast Disneyworld Haters!!! Aghh! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, never mind them, they're just jealous.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe its just B/C it is futher away than the "local" thing they do year after year. We go to NJ beach alot Sort of the same thing year after year but we enjoy it. I would love to go to WDW every year but with 3 kids and life on a budget. we save and get excited when we go.
    "Wheres my super suit! "

Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

Bronson

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I get this too. As if you can't enjoy Disney without kids...that's just crazy to me!
    "Have a Magical Day"

WDW Obsessed since 1984!

Post Thanks / Like

We had plenty of them at our school, but we've "converted" many of them!
    Just2Mickey and I just wear 'em down!
    I was thinking about it the other day, and pretty much everybody in my building has gone in the past couple of years, and we planned half their trips!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel - I get it all the time! Every time something about Disney hits the news they are on me about it. When they come back to me desk to ask questions and hear my music playing (Live365 - Mouseworld) they make a comment, I have pictures of my family at WDW at my desk, they comment on them. My computer went haywire earlier this year and my boss blamed it on the Disney music I listen to (I knew he was kidding, but I get tired of hearing it) I just wish they stop being Disney haters and listen to those who love it - I listen to them about their vacations and I just comment on how nice they sound - not Oh Gosh you went there- how could you have a good time!!!
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny I saw this thread, I actually got the "again???" thing today at work with the eye-roll. Just got back from our first trip last week and I can't wait to start planning for next year. When people say things like, "Oh, you don't want to go there EVERY year..." I say, "Yeah, I do!" There was sooo much to do for kids of all ages and adults as well. Now that we've been there once and have a handle on how things work, with transportation and park lay-outs and the resort...subsequent trips should be EVEN BETTER! So like everyone else says, just tune 'em out. Do what YOU want, who cares what they think!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My brother and his DW used to be like that.Until they took their DD there at 4 yrs old.Now they have been back a total of 3 X.
    I wish I could afford WDW more often,but we are both retired now so the cash just don't flow like it used to.Every 2-3 years will suffice.
    We also have a few non-Disney interests,like our 29' sport fishing boat where we spend most of our summers,cruising and fishing.Comes the fall we head upstate NY for deer and turkey seasons. The rest of the time,shut up!I can't hear the TV.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

My mom does that to me sometimes. "You just went last September! Why do you need to go again?" I could say the same thing for her beach trips but I don't. Same ocean, different day!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread!
    My DH isn't totally hooked on WDW vacations. He goes with us, he is a good sport but he grumbles quite a bit. So, this year, I planned a trip to WDW for DD and myself. I was just about ready to purchase our plane tickets when he says to me "I told you I would go too!" Arrgh! I had to change the entire trip to include him. My guess is that he isn't a hater - and maybe a closet WDW crazy too!

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great thread!

Here's the funny thing. I have been busy with school for the last 3 years but now that I am finishing up and getting back to work, DD and I are ready for a Disney trip again.

Being divorced, I have not been dating while working on my masters. But now I am considering venturing back into the dating pool as well and I want to make sure that whoever I could end up with knows that "I love to go to WDW" at least every once in a while.

I don't collect the Disney souvenirs. So I seem like a bit of a closet WDW fan! No one would know by just looking at my home or stuff. But both DD and I have the bug. We love going together and being kids together. DD thinks it's funny that I love it as much or perhaps more than her!

I expect that I will go to WDW even after my daughter has left home. I like the magic that escapes all the problems of the outside world. I like to travel to other countries and places too but I dont see ever giving up on the "magic" either.

Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

I get those facial expressions and comments from some co-workers too, but atleast I have a store manager that loves Disney as much as I do and we can spend hours talking about it and our love for it!!! His wife even plans the same way I do hehe.

I also live in a household that dont understand my love and passion for Disney! My sister has given me comments like "why dont you travel somewhere else". Now she likes Disney movies and stuff, I hope to take her to WDW next year so she can see what I love and I know she will get into the whole spirit of it!
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way about several of my co workers who make multiple trip to las Vegas every year. I keep my mouth shut becuase I have no room to talk. I go to Disney every year with my parents. Everyone's idea of a vacation is not the same.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Not to worry, many (if not all) of us on Intercot can definitely sympathize with you.
    My BF and I get those comments from some of our family members and friends, and we only have one trip under our belts (our second trip is in December). Imagine what they'll be saying after we have taken multiple trips (which we plan on doing every other year)!
    Oh well, they don't have to get it. As long as you and your family/significant other/friends have fun there, that's all that matters! Feel lucky that you know what the magic is all about!
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

Coworkers know how DW and I feel about Disney. Some will say things that could be taken as snide comments. I just don't pay much attention. A couple of them have since taken their families and both had good times. Both seeked advice from me. Only one seemed to listen our take to heart the information and tips that I gave them.

Both came back with great memories. Others coworkers have now started thinking about taking their families. No more remarks, "pass the on your photo pass pictures."

Am I overboard? Yes
    Do I care? No
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

my friend just got back from WDW during springbreak. she said she would rather be camping. so she just didnt get the magic of the whole thing. she doent get why we keep going back. my whole family loves disney and were planning our 5th trip. we cant wait to go back. so its her loss if she didnt enjoy the most magical place on earth.
    1998- off site
    Halloween 2003- off site
    2006- PopCentury
    2008- PopCentury/Wilderness Lodge
    2010 - Coronado - August

Post Thanks / Like

I just tune out the comments and continue to go where I know I'll enjoy myself and have a good time
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

I try to tune out all the comments. I think a lot of time the people who are so critical have never gone themselves so they have no idea what it is all about. I have a harder time tuning out extended family but I'm getting better at doing that.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
    Dec. 1999--Poly
    June 2000--Disneyland
    Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
    Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
    Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
    Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
    Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
    Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

Post Thanks / Like

We've been getting this lately too! I'm always reminded of the saying: "Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind." Disney has it all! Where else can you ride a roller coaster, go on a jungle cruise, ride down river rapids, lay by the pool with a drink in your hand , float down a lazy river, swim with the sharks, hang out with a bunch of characters, travel from Japan to Norway in mere footsteps, go shopping, experience diverse cusine, fly into space, rock out with aerosmith, see parades, and see fireworks all in the same day if you wanted to!?! Nowhere, but Disney! Don't let those silly people get you down!

Post Thanks / Like

I hate when people do that!! Or refuse to understand that maybe people enjoy different things! Oh well I love WDW
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prttynpnk View Post
    After most people say 'AGAIN?' they roll their eyes like my husband and I are part of a cult or something. Oh, well ,it's sad that they can't enjoy it too, but at least I never run into my co-workers on vacation!
    We'd get that too from people who went to Vegas every year. I guess you don't.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: