Quantcast If you could....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If you could....

remodel one attraction/ride in WDW, which would it be and what would you do to it??

I would remodel CoP. I would make the last scene more up-to-date and refurbish all the seats and carpeting. Make it look real nice on the inside. This attraction was one of Disney's treasures and I want to keep it that way.
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree CoP does need to update that last scene and clean the theater up. I guess beyond that I would definately update "Honey I Shrunk the Audience", it is really out of date. At the studios, Star Tours really needs a revamp, maybe update it with some stuff from the newer Star Wars movies.

Beyond that I think they really need to get more of a Mary Poppins presence in the parks. I know it is an old film but if you look at a lot of the history of Disney parks they owe a lot to that movie, more than just a quick scene on the Great Movie Ride. They need a whole attraction devoted to it and I think it would make a whole new generation fans of the movie.

Post Thanks / Like

The Enchanded Tiki Room -Under New Management. We remembered the old one, enjoyed it and went years later with out kids. BIG disappointment.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

i would remodel the journey into imagination ride. Its outdated and just pitiful. I never saw the first one but I bet its 100 times better than the one they have now
    Taylor

been over 10 times and aint stoppin.

Post Thanks / Like

I second that recommendation!
    June 1975 offsite
    Sept 1977 offsite
    June 1985 offsite
    March 1990 Fort Wilderness
    June 1994 Caribbean Beach
    March 1996 Allstar Sports
    March 1998 Allstar Movies
    March 2001 Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2004 Pop Century
    Dec 2007 Pop Century
    Nov 2010 POFQ
    next trip June 2012 ASM

Post Thanks / Like

JIYI needs a serious refurb. Bring back the old version but with modern tech and a new twist
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Good suggestions in this thread. SInce JIYI and HISTA are in the same pavillion and both are in desperate need of improvement I'd vote for the Imagination Pavillion have a rethink in its entirety,
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Star Tours for sure. I absolutely love Star Wars and the ride. But it really needs an update. It'd be nice if they had 2 or 3 different "missions" and it was random as to which one you would get.
    I think I would also change The Tiki room back to the original. I saw the original in DL and loved it. I love Iago to death, but I think the classic was better.
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneypixie513 View Post
    Star Tours for sure. I absolutely love Star Wars and the ride. But it really needs an update. It'd be nice if they had 2 or 3 different "missions" and it was random as to which one you would get.
    I love this idea!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even think of Star Tours...there are soo many possibilities they can do with that ride now that they have material from the newer movies to work with. I also agree with the idea of maybe having a couple different missions to go on and have it be randomly chosen.
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I would refurbish/remodel/update the Speedway with a "Cars" - Radiator Springs - Route 66 theme.
    Yes, I know that's not necessarily a "tomorrow" (future or retro future) theme, but nothing about the current speedway is themed that way now anyway.

I would replace the gas-engine vehicles with electric ones, using various "Cars" characters (you could use sound effects to mimic engine sounds) and enclose all or part of the speedway track with a building so that at least part of it could be a dark ride, with special effects, for instance, Radiator Springs town scenes (daytime and especially at night, with all its neon glory), a mountain road scene (Wheel Well Hotel ), tipping the tractors, etc. I would include a digital surround sound music system (with in- car speakers), for all the cool songs from the soundtrack. I would leave the basic track setup the way it is now (partially steerable, with acceleration and brake controls) so kids can still feel like they are really driving.

Add a ride photo opportunity (like Splash Mountain) and a gift shop at the exit and all this would revive this very tired attraction. It would give this attraction some much needed Disney "magic" and make it even more fun for kids of ALL ages.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    I would refurbish/remodel/update the Speedway with a "Cars" - Radiator Springs - Route 66 theme.
    Yes, I know that's not necessarily a "tomorrow" (future or retro future) theme, but nothing about the current speedway is themed that way now anyway.

I would replace the gas-engine vehicles with electric ones, using various "Cars" characters (you could use sound effects to mimic engine sounds) and enclose all or part of the speedway track with a building so that at least part of it could be a dark ride, with special effects, for instance, Radiator Springs town scenes (daytime and especially at night, with all its neon glory), a mountain road scene (Wheel Well Hotel ), tipping the tractors, etc. I would include a digital surround sound music system (with in- car speakers), for all the cool songs from the soundtrack. I would leave the basic track setup the way it is now (partially steerable, with acceleration and brake controls) so kids can still feel like they are really driving.

Add a ride photo opportunity (like Splash Mountain) and a gift shop at the exit and all this would revive this very tired attraction. It would give this attraction some much needed Disney "magic" and make it even more fun for kids of ALL ages.
    This has been talked about alot. I hope one day if I become an Imagineer I can help bring these ideas to life. I know one thing is for sure, I'd be on these boards everyday seeing what the true Disney fans wanted.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I would recreate Indiana Jones into a ride, a combo coaster with some interactive slower areas and can have 3 or 4 different experiences based upon the different movies.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

Indy Speedway definitely but I wish they would change Haunted Mansion back to its original. I was very excited last year to see it but was disappointed when I finished the ride. There was a couple of neat things but that was about it. That ride just brings back good memories.

Post Thanks / Like

I will say that COP need a bit of re-vamping. The last scene seems like it is dated 1989 and it is now 10 years later. I know that things change all the time so they will be alot of work to keep up with technology, but it really is outdated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneypixie513 View Post
    I think I would also change The Tiki room back to the original. I saw the original in DL and loved it. I love Iago to death, but I think the classic was better.

I like this idea too. We only do Star Tours now like every 5 or 6th trip. I would love an update on it

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

POTC needs a MAJOR overhaul. First, I'd get rid of that "Squid Guy" on the waterfall, and put in a talking skull and crossbones over the waterfall. Then I'd get rid of the music during the ship battle scene. That music is just horrid and rapes the ride of it's originality. I'd keep the first Captain Jack, the one that's hiding in the clothes, because he's not really that noticeable. Next, I'd switch it so that the men are chasing the women in circles, and have the pirate by the barrel be searching for his "mistress" while holding up a piece of her ripped clothing. And finally I'd have this amazing shoot out scene at the end, with a few soldiers tied up to chairs. Then the ride would be crazy cool.

Post Thanks / Like

For modernization/updates

Star Tours

The Closing Scene from COP

Figment (thou DD loves it as is)
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'd replace the current Indiana Jones stage show with the awesome Indiana Jones ride that's in Disneyland. It's a ride not to be missed

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I love the Great Movie Ride I think I would make a few tweaks to it. I was watching a video on youtube of the ride 15 years ago and it was all the same. I know the ride is about classics but a little addition/modification would be interesting. I'm not big on changing attractions but it would be nice to see.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: