Quantcast just curious - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just curious

Post Thanks / Like

11 days- 2 years ago. some shorter trips in between and am now planning a 12 day trip for oct. first 12 days looks impressive but i have learned that travel days wipe us out and we don't really enjoy anything. so i consider this to be a 10 day trip with 2 travel days. this time around we are going to go to sea world and typhoon lagoon and mini golf. we might even find time to resort hop and see how the other half lives.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our last two vacations we have spent 17 nights at POP. We do EVERTHING twice when we go. Last visit we also did Universal, Islands of adventure, Sea world, Discovery cove(WOW) and Busch Gardens (NOT WOW). SO its not all Disney, but we do love returning to our Disney hotel after we've been to another park.

We do come all the way fron Manchester, England, so the longer the better as far as we're concerned. We would rather do the vacation 100% every 2-3 years than travel all that way and not see everything.

Next trip, we will do the same again, but stay at a different resort (hopefully B&YC), as the size of the room at POP last time felt a little cramped for the four of us.
    1991 CBR
    1996 ASS
    2006 PC
    2008 PC
    2010 BC
    Next visiting May 2012 YC

Post Thanks / Like

We usually go for 8 days/7 nights and always leave wanting more so 2 yrs. ago we went for 11 days/10 nights. My dream vacation--so happy and excited to go this long but needless to say it was plagued by bad luck. No fault of Disney's--just fate. My DH and I both had a violent stomach flu, and not at the same time. That took 6 days out of our trip--at least we had a nice room but couldn't go out on the balcony because it was coated with some kind of cricket/bug--not the balcony on the left or right, no just ours. Then the ever so painful shin splint my DH got on the first day--yes, a memorable trip indeed. In total we had 3 decent days so needless to say I now prefer the 8 d/7 night--just a little superstitious.
    3/82 3/85 3/88 3/91-offsite
    4/92 Poly
    5/01 Coronado
    5/02 Yacht
    5/04 Yacht
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 PO FQ
    5/06 Yacht
    5/07 WL
    5/08 AS Music 10/08 Dolphin
    5/09 Contemp 10/09 Boardwalk Villa
    5/10 Contemp-Atrium 10/10 Beach
    5/11 Contemp 10/11 Yacht
    5/12 Yacht cl 10/12 Dolphin
    4/13 Yacht cl

Post Thanks / Like

We do things a bit differently...in that we've never stayed at one resort for more than five consecutive nights...what we tend to do is split our stays among various resorts (we too are addicted and have a minor vacation goal of having stayed in all of them by the time my sons graduates from HS in 2013).
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

We usually go for 9 or 10 nights but the last two have been just the kids and me and they were for 13 nights at ASMo and 14 nights at POP. We still did not do everything and did not want to leave! I keep trying to see how I could stretch out the trips longer but I don't know if that will ever be possible!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh I'm so glad to hear that others get remarks too. I get a lot of "oh, we're waiting til our kids are older so they can remember it" from coworkers.....they just don't get it cause they've never been. My kids love going to Disney! It's such a great family vacation.

The longest trip for us has been 14 nights: 7 at ASM and then the next 7 at the Beach Club Villas. It was great but nice to get home!
    By the time we pay for our airfare from Canada, we want to spend as much time in the world as we can. I've never gone out of the world yet....there is always too much to see and we have so much fun. We always go to the parks but with our annual passes sometimes we only stay a couple of hours in the morning.

We are planning a trip in June and will stay 16nights and I can't wait! I'm so looking forward to it. That's just the way the airfares worked out with the seat sales...I'd stay longer if I could. I can only dream about 44 days! That would be wonderful
    BCV June 2009
    Swan Mar 2009
    OKW Sept 2008
    BCV July 2007
    BCV Dec 2006
    AKL Jan 2006
    ASM Oct 2005
    BCV Oct 2005
    BCV May 2005
    BCV Dec 2004 (our first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Absurdly long

My last trip was 31 nights and the one I am planning now for next January will be longer still. We may never have the opportunity with work again, so we are taking advantage of it to really settle in. Apparently the limit for staying in one room is 30 days. I asked before I got close, so I have time to tweak my plans to have a couple of different rooms during the trip.

I may have a problem.
    -- End of line

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: