Quantcast Would could TTA become?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would could TTA become?

If you had an option to update TTA, what would you do? would you expand the track? would it have more special behind the scenes looks at attractions? I think it could be cool if it had a 2nd stop at a "space station" where galaxy theater is now. That station could be a new attraction or something
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be great if they expanded the track to go further around MK!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of adding more scenes , so long as there arent too many changes to the current experience. It might be outdated or corny to some, but we really love it as it is. The soundtrack, jokes, and views are a must -do part of any night for us at the MK.
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I think they should expand it and use it like Walt wanted to, as actual transportation. It would be so much easier if it went around the park like the train. You could get off and on a lot quicker and easier. It would be even better if they could expand it to all four parks! Could you imagine taking the TTA to any of the parks. That would be great, and I bet it would be cheaper than the monorail.

Post Thanks / Like

I would add another diorama or two, and some lighting effects inside like they do in some subways now. Also some subways have ads that 'move' as the car goes by. These would be simple cost efficient changes I think something that would bring folks back more often but keep to the current theme. Even some simple glowing still characters like in the Fantasyland dark rides would be fine.
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see the track expand. It would be very neat to be able to see the entire park from above. My favorite part right now is when the tta travels outside to see all the lights at night. I also like the idea of it traveling thru all 4 parks. That would make park hopping so much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for expansion! We love riding it and we would be thrilled if we could use it to get from one spot to another.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrowland was "redesigned" in 1995, it was meant to be a "community. Stitch, when it was Alien Encounter,was the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, TTA is the "commuter system" of Tomorrowland. CoP is the museum and history center (watch the pre-boarding film with Walt at the World's Fair). Space Mountain is "another fine transportation system provided by the Tomorrowland Transit Authority". And the Speedway? It's the "sports and recreation" of Tomorrowland.
    This information was taken from a post by Main Street Jim.

So you see If the TTA went all through the park it would not really be the Tomorrowland Transit Authority anymore. I say leave it alone, I like it the way it is.
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

Yes--add some more track, please. Just enough to reach to my house, so I can hop on and head right back in anytime...
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

as goofyforpluto said. Keep it in Tomorrowland, improve some of the dark nothing going on parts but other than that be greatful you still have the TTA. Remember Disneyland got rid of it's People Mover and things really aren't the same. Hooray for the People Mover / TTA !
    ~~Have a Disney Day~~
    șoș WDW 9-83, 9-84, 9-88, 9-93, 5-94, 5-95, 5-96, 9-99, 9-07
    șoș TDL 6-83, 9-91
    șoș DLR many, many

Post Thanks / Like

As long as they leave the element of the TTA, I will go along with expansion. The whole park would be nice.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

I like the way it is now with the track just being in tomorrowland but it would be cool if it expanded to other areas of the park too.
    It's our favourite ride....a great place to cool off and relax and some of my favourite pictures of all time are of an exhausted, tired 5 and 4 year old beaming ear to ear on TTA. I just wish they'd finish so it would be open when we get there in June!
    BCV June 2009
    Swan Mar 2009
    OKW Sept 2008
    BCV July 2007
    BCV Dec 2006
    AKL Jan 2006
    ASM Oct 2005
    BCV Oct 2005
    BCV May 2005
    BCV Dec 2004 (our first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with adding some diorama and effects. I had the chance to ride the Rocket Rods at Disneyland for the brief time they were there and operable and it paled im comparison to the TTA.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing" WED

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't change a thing. I am an old soul and enjoy the nostalgia of it all.

Post Thanks / Like

I kinda miss when it went though Delta Dream Flight through the Paris scene I believe, more to look at then the Buzz Light Year window, Maybe some more original park models along the indoor route as well, or something to do with extinct attractions in the Metro Retro Historical Society Section.
    "Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers. From the very beginning, we have always sought to reach out to one another ... to bridge the gaps between us ... to communicate."

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing, it is perfect, leave it alone along with COP. The WDW I knew as a child is alive and well in these and other attractions. Pretty them up, make them new again, but leave some things alone. If things need to be added then add on to the park somehow.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather see it duplicated than expanded. I have thought for some time that a People Mover around Future World at EPCOT would be great, boarding above innovations and getting a bird's eye view of the attractions and of the International Showcase. Perhaps themed along the lines of the Horizon vehicles....

As for the TTA itself, some update to the diorama, and perhaps a gallery of past attractions would be a nice touch, but I enjoy it as it is....But as I have learned from PoTC and HM, sometimes perfection can be improved....with a little Magic and Imagineering.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see it expanded to other parts of the park. Imagine the awesome trip one could take through different parts of MK. It would be sooo relaxing plus I would think it might help alleviate foot traffic and scooter traffic. People who have trouble getting around could just hop on the TTA and ride to a certain part of the park or ride around seeing different attractions all in the comfort of their own car.
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goofy for pluto View Post
    Tomorrowland was "redesigned" in 1995, it was meant to be a "community. Stitch, when it was Alien Encounter,was the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center, TTA is the "commuter system" of Tomorrowland. CoP is the museum and history center (watch the pre-boarding film with Walt at the World's Fair). Space Mountain is "another fine transportation system provided by the Tomorrowland Transit Authority". And the Speedway? It's the "sports and recreation" of Tomorrowland.
    This information was taken from a post by Main Street Jim.

So you see If the TTA went all through the park it would not really be the Tomorrowland Transit Authority anymore. I say leave it alone, I like it the way it is.
    Neat!! I didn't know that.
    Stephanie

DD 9.5, DD 7.5, DS 5.5

1st Trip ~ Offsite ~ Dec. 1997
    2nd Trip ~ CBR ~ Dec. 1999
    3rd Trip ~ POP ~ April 2007
    4th Trip ~ POR ~ Dec. 2009
    5th Trip ~ 12th Anniversary Trip ~ POLY ~ Dec. 16th - 24th 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah... Expand it throughout the park. If they had a few more enter/exit stations, whaddya wanna bet they'd put them in a gift shop....
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT