Quantcast Disney Divas Xmas 2008 - Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Divas Xmas 2008 - Day 2

Cast:
    Myself - Disney nut
    DD (13) - Even bigger Disney nut

Dates: Dec 19- 27

Hotel: Coronado Springs
    Today: Dec 20
    Weather: High 70s during day, dropped to mid to high 50s at night. Started out foggy but then turned to clear sunny skies.

DD slept until about 9am then when she got up we set up our tree and decorated our room.
    OurCharlieBrownTree
    Breakfast was cereal and oatmel in the room with some juice. I took some pics of view from our room, which I thought was great.
    Waterview
    Fountain

We headed out a little before 11 to drive to Universal Studios. I was a bit worried about the crowds when I realized that the Jaws/KingKong garage was closed and we ended up directed to the Spiderman/Cat in the Hat garage. But once we got into park, the crowds were big but not unmanageable and a lot of the rides had a 5-10 minute wait with the big ticket rides like Hulk roller coaster had a 30 minute wait. Dueling Drgaons also had a 5 minute wait. I think this was because part of Lost Continent section is closed for construction of Wizarding World of Harry Potter so people were getting confused by signs and directions.

The line for Grinchmas was huge though and it was a hot day so we just ended up sitting in the shade nearby and listening to the show though we could see part of it. Looked very cute. We may try to go back later this week as el kiddo is getting over both sinus and ear infections so she gets tired easy.
    Grinchmas Entrance
    WonkyTreeLot

We walked around for awhile then went to eat a late lunch at Hard Rock Cafe. It was just ok. Our waiter was also just ok. No real personality. Nice enough but very automatic if you know what I mean. Which was a change from the girl who seated us who was very animated and chatty. After lunch DD wanted to return to hotel to rest for a bit so off we went!

We took a nap and did not get up until 6pm. LOL. At that point DD plugged in her Play Station and played for a bit while I organized some things and finished unpacking. We were going to go to Fantasmic or Illuminations but decided to just hang at the hotel so we walked down to the concierge to pick up Luau tickets and book a dinner for the next day then to Pepper Market for a bite to eat.

The tree in the lobby is gorgeous!
    CoronadoTree

The concierge was not able to get us dinner at O'Hana's at all but she was able to get us a Cat 1 seating for Hoop Dee Do for the next day. I did Hoop Dee Doo for the first time this past fall with my friend Nikki and we had a blast. I think my daughter will really enjoy it as she likes slapstick and corny jokes. At Pepper Market we both went to The Wok, I got the Burbon Chicken and she got the combo plate of roasted pork and Spicy Kung Bao Chicken. Everything was good but I will say that the spicy chicken is SPICY...has a nice heat to it since I like spicy food but my daughter thought it was a little too spicy. So be aware.

We walked the grounds for a bit and were able to watch the higher flying fireworks from Illuminations at EPCOT which was very cool. It was a very nice night, just a slight chill and all we needed was a sweat jacket. Back to the room around 10pm, plug in the tree for a bit and that was it for the night.

Tomorrow: EPCOT, Hoop Dee Do Review

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Your tree is so cute and your view is just fantastic!! Thanks for the pictures!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Casitas section of Coronado Springs! Sounds like you had a very relaxed day!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: