Quantcast Please pray for our little dog!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please pray for our little dog!!

We had a very traumatic evening this past Tuesday night when our little Shi-a-Poo was hit by a car and suffered a spinal fracture halfway down her back. Her name is Annabelle and she is 8 years old. She is the most precious pet I have ever had the privilege of knowing and she's been a part of our family since she was 6 weeks old. They were able to perform emergency surgery on her the night of the incident and managed to fix her spine but she is still paralyzed in the back half of her body.
    The veterinary surgeon said that she may or may not regain the use of her back legs but that if she continues to recover as she is currently doing, then we have a great chance to have her back home with her personality and spirit. The paralysis will be the only obstacle that we will have to help her to overcome. They are weaning her off pain medication gradually and are working on getting her to a point where she won't need any at all. My DW and I decided that this would be the only way we will agree to allow her to live out the rest of her life with us, without the pain and suffering, as long as she is happy and able to be herself as much as possible.
    We've been assured that a simple wheeled cart will be an acceptable alternative for her mobility and that most dogs adapt to it very well. We were able to visit with her earlier today and she was so happy to see us and seemed to be in great spirits and the nurses say that she seems to be eating very well.
    They began giving her some fluids today to help clean out her system and are monitoring her progress and recovery very closely.

My request is that you say a little prayer for her speedy and healthy recovery and that we are able to get her back home soon to help her with the new adjustments that will need to be made for both her and us. Thank you so much!!
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
    Walt Disney

June 2006-POR (Anniversary)
    Dec. 2007-Pop (My Birthday) 9 DAYS!
    September 2008-POR

December 2009 OKW for MVMCP!
    Upcoming..September 2011-BLT/AKV for MNSSHP!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You've GOT it ! Our pets are indeed family members. Isn't it amazing what can be done for them today? Our Bentley had Valley Fever and completely lost the use of his back legs. We took him to a physical therapist who recommended water therapy. We got him a doggie life preserver, and he and I took to the pool. He regained the use of his legs, and until we lost him two years later at age 14, he did very well. I wouldn't do anything different today.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

and prayers sent your way.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

for Anna belle!!! Let us know how she is doing!

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and on the way.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about your baby! (Yes I consider my animals my children lol, I have two baby girls (cats) lol)
    I am sending pixie dust and prayers your way for a fast and full recovery for her!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

tons of prayers and for you and your pup. It's so hard when they are hurt and you feel helpless. I've heard great things about the wheeled carts for the little guys.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

Poor little Annabelle. I really feel for your baby and you! I will definitely keep you all in my thoughts and hope that she continues to recover and feel better. The good thing about animals is they don't feel sorry for themselves. Annabelle will still be sweet Annabelle with or without the use of her back legs. Give her a big smooch for me!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's prayers and for Annabelle
    '96-Off site
    '97-Off site
    '98-All-Star Movies
    '99-All-Star Music
    '00-All-Star Sports
    '01-Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '02-Port Orleans-Riverside
    '03-Coronado Springs
    '04-All-Star Movies
    '05-Pop Century
    '06-Caribbean Beach
    '07-Port Orleans-French Quarter
    '08-All-Star Movies

Kungaloosh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your baby. Prayers and on the way for her speedy recovery.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Annabelle.

The doctor called this morning as we were getting ready for church and said that she is doing fairly well. Her attitude, eating and interaction is great, but she still doesn't have deep pain sensation in her back legs. They said that it still shouldn't keep her from being happy and enjoying the rest of her time here with us. We've already been e-shopping for doggie wheelchairs and carts in order to get her 'walking' again quicker.

We were even informed yesterday that she should be able to come home some time next week!!

Thank you all so much from the depths of our hearts for the prayers and and please continue to keep it coming!!
    I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained.
    Walt Disney

September 2008-POR

Post Thanks / Like

That's such great news. It must feel like someone lifted a ton of bricks off you. More pixie dust and prayers coming.
    Coreen

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and to Annabelle for a speedy recovery. I know how our pets become members of our family and I am so sorry you all had to go through this.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update #2.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we should be bringing Annabelle home tomorrow if all goes well! This is a huge relief for us, although there will be some serious adjustments that will need to be made for her new lifestyle. We went to Petco tonight to get some supplies and goodies for her. She still is not feeling anything in her back legs, so there will be a lot of work on our part to help her feel as normal as possible. We will be doing everything we can to keep her mobile and making sure she stays free of pain.

Please continue to remember us as we go through these changes and that we will be able to get her into her new groove without too many difficulties. Again, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!!
    Walt Disney

September 2008-POR

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck to you, your family and sweet Annabelle!

I was just reading an article this weekend about dogs who didn't have use of their back legs. There is a husband and wife team that take in dogs and cats in these situations when the animals are abandoned. The doggie wheels help these beautiful animals have a full life!!

As much as it is going to be a dramatic change for your family, I commend your dedication to your sweet puppy. Good luck to you!!

Keep us posted!
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW