Quantcast Calling all Imagineers!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Calling all Imagineers!

Ok, it's our turn to put on our Imagineering caps and add a new attraction,shop or dining experience to one of the 4 theme parks. What park, where in the park would it go and what would you design to go there that would be a real winner?

I would like to see a Haunted Mansion dining experience, obviously near the HM, with your servers dressed in HM cast member attire. Also low light levels, sound of thunder from time to time, the cry of the raven...different portaits on the walls that "watch you" eat...would have to be table service. Tombstone-ish menus...maybe raise the old Skyway station in Fantasyland and build up there...you would not need any real windows, so a view is not an issue. You could enter from stairs or old-looking elevator that lead up the cemetary hill...
    The Wiz of Diz

**First WDW visit 1973
    **WDW Annual Passholder since 1999

"Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a grand scheme for a ride for EPCOT. It would encompass all of the messages laid out in the other pavillions, into on great big dark ride.

I would call it Horizons.

WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

with the work that went into the dream suites, I would love to see the effects added to some Hollywood Hotel rooms.

Old fashioned Belhops.
    Ghosts randomly staring back at you from the mirrors.
    twinkling Twightlight zone lights on the ceilings.
    Lightning effects in the hallways.

Elevators that drop really quick...
    wait. maybe that last one isn't a good idea.
    May 2007 All Star Music
    Oct 2003 All Star Music
    May 2000 Old Key West
    June 1996 Dixie Landings
    May 1987 Offsite
    May 1982 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see an Australia section in AK. They could have a "walkabout trek" with koalas, kangaroos, wombats, tassie devils, kookaburras, etc. Meat pie stands selling Aussie beer and wine. Aboriginal art in gift shops. There are so many possibilities and I think it would be a great fit.

I also always thought it would sort of cool if the Studios opened up a Star Wars themed "pub" near Star Tours. They could have that alien band from the original Star Wars movie (where Luke and Obi One meet Han Solo for the first time) playing-- kind of like how Sonny Eclipse plays in Cosmic Ray's at MK.
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

Mary poppins is way overdue for her ride/attraction
    July '78 - Offsite
    Aug '94 - Offsite
    Nov '96 - Offsite (honeymoon)
    Nov '97 - CBR (2nd honeymoon)
    Jul '04 - Offsite (DS & oldest DD B-day)

Nov '08 - POR (youngest DD b-day & 12th aniv.)

Post Thanks / Like

Now we are starting to come up with some great ideas! Let's keep it going!
    The Wiz of Diz

**First WDW visit 1973
    **WDW Annual Passholder since 1999

"Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!"

Post Thanks / Like

Although it is not an in park experience, it is based off of one. I posted this awhile back in another thread.

I have always wished that they would build a resort based on the Hollywood Tower Hotel, prior to the lightning strike. All CM's will be wearing the proper HTH uniforms, they just won't have to use the creepy voice!

The Pools

There would be two pools featured at the resort. The first would be an indoor pool that is just off of the main lobby, perhaps encased in glass like a conservatory.

The second would be an outdoor pool out in the garden and courtyards and would have ambient theme music played throughout the area.

Dining

The signature restaurant of the hotel would of course be The Tip Top Club. Live music from the era would be featured every evening. They would have an extensive wine list and serve gourmet steaks, seafood, soups, salads, appetizers, and deserts.

There would also be another table service restaurant (perhaps family style or a buffet) for those looking for something less extravagant than the Tip Top Club. This could perhaps even be a character dining experience with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto all dressed in the bellhop costumes! Your typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner fare will be served here.

There is also a café/bistro style restaurant near the outdoor pool yet somewhat offset, minimizing the noise. They will serve coffee (not Nescafe!), ice cream, as well as sandwiches and salads. There will be both indoor and outdoor seating.
    With a hotel of this magnitude, you cannot forget about room service! They will offer everything from romantic dinner packages, to gourmet in-room dining, to burgers and fries.

Rooms

Standard rooms will be decorated in period style carpets, fabrics, wall coverings, and tile (bathrooms). There will be either one or two beds, as usual. The furniture will all be period style consisting of: beds, a table, chairs, armoire, lamps, and nightstands. The telephone will be antique style (with push buttons and a data port!) and will have the antique sounding ringer. There will also be an LCD television (to save energy!), but it will be cleverly disguised as an old console television.

Deluxe and Suite rooms will be similar, just more….deluxe! They will have desks, sofas, and other things associated with deluxe rooms.

Amenities

The hotel will obviously have a concierge.

There will also be a state of the art business center as well as a fitness center. Of course all equipment will be disguised and/or re-themed to look as if it fits in!

Free wireless Internet access all throughout the property

An award-winning spa, hair and nail salons

Tennis courts
    I would love to see something like the Tip Top Club implemented in DHS. If they could incorporate it into the ride as is, that would be great!
    Too many trips to count.
    DCP graduate.
    Counting down the days...

Post Thanks / Like

All great thoughts!! I really do wish that Disney will expand AK

Post Thanks / Like

a while ago i drew this up, just some pictures and a track layout for....

Roger Rabbit's Maroon Cartoons Studio Tour!

basically it starts out like a studio tram tour, until an animatronic Roger Rabbit replaces your tour guide and driver and takes you on a crazy tour through the studio and Toon town!

I also came up with...
    The Indiana Jones Action Movie Backlot!

I came up with a decent photoshop for that one, basically just an extra land in H.S. that included both the stunt show AND the ride!

yes?
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" - Jason Lee as Brodie Bruce in "MALLRATS"!

RESORTS STAYED AT:
    Old Key West
    Dixie Landings (yeah, I'm old school)
    Beach Club Villas
    Caribbean Beach
    All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcjaco View Post
    I have a grand scheme for a ride for EPCOT. It would encompass all of the messages laid out in the other pavillions, into on great big dark ride.

I would call it Horizons.

Thats a fantastic idea,why didnt they think of that??
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see dark ride based on the classic three;Mickey,Donald and Goofy.Maybe a work-based ride with autoanimotonic recreations of some of the trio's many different professions in classic toons.Working at Pete's Garage,at the circus,being ghost hunters and then my favorite-a dizzying view as the boys tackle being clock cleaners.

Also,(thought of this while the MGM contract was in effect)for DHS a Pink Panther dark ride with the panther outwitting the Inspector.And a 3D interactive James Bond film with the audience as Bond trying to find and diffuse a bomb in say 12 minutes.
    1981(FW) 1982(FW) 1983(FW) 1984(FW) 1985(FW)
    1986(FW) 1987(FW) 1989-2x(FW) 2004(ASMO)2008(CSR)

You can't just let it go...not even on your birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

EPCOT-Italy A ride called Leonardo's
    Adventure. You ride in Leonardo Da Vinci's helicopter and see Da Vinci working on his many paintings, and other works that he did. the ride would be like Peter Pan's, with the same you are above the scenes.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: