Quantcast Best DD resort?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Best DD resort?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best DD resort?

Well I applied for a DISNEY visa in hopes of getting that magical 'room only' discount -- all to be disappointed like many of you today I imagine. (I had already purchased my tickets- so couldn't do a package)

ANYWAY-- I wanted to stay at POFQ- but for $169/night full rack rate it just isn't worth it to me-- for $100ish I could have done the two full beds-- but I'm used to King.

SO-- what is the best DD resort for me? I am looking for CLEAN, (two queens or one king/sofabed), reasonable rates $100ish, walkable to DD attractions-- and of course free shuttle to the parks...

In looking at tripadvisor-- I thought maybe the double tree suites, was the most positive out of the choices......

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have stayed at a couple and liked Hilton best. Not sure about the price but it wasn't bad.
    First visit-1972
    Contemporary-Ft Wilderness-Royal Palace/DTD-AS Music-AS Movies-AS Sports-Coranado Springs-Pop Century-Animal Kingdom Lodge-Port Orleans Riverside-Hilton/DTD-Port Orleans French Quarter-Caribbean Beach
    Last visit-Mar 2011
    Next visit-Sep 2011

WarEagle

Post Thanks / Like

It is pretty much only DD hotels that offer free disney shuttles, isn't it? anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shuttles not a problem

Most of the DD hotels within walking distance are on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Do a search with a map service and you can figure out the millage i.e. time it would take to walk.
    They all have shuttles but they are no where as frequent as the Resorts. Call each hotel in the Lake Buena Vista area. Sometimes it's one bus out in the morning and one bus back-that's it. You will also will have to pay for Mears shuttle to and from airport for all hotels in Lake Buena Vista (up to $40ish round trip/pp?). Resorts you get to ride the Magical Express to and from for free.
    Stayed at Royal Plaza 4-5 years ago. Rooms were outdated 'Floridian' style, nothing to write home about, but got a rate under $100/night.
    Stayed at the Grosvenor, which I think is the Regal Sun Resort now. We went during the construction phase so the rates were under $100/night. The pool and game areas were in decent disrepair but it was fun to come back, soak, play shuffle board and volleyball. Located VERY close to DD. Stumbling distance of PI (ahhhh...R.I.P. Think they'll put a gravestone at HM in honor of it?)
    Worse case, I've may be, perhaps, heard of people walking to the DD resort buses and using those for transportation when in a pickle.
    Good Luck! Off season and mid-week all the way for value (not cheap) hotels!
    Last edited by BellewanaB; 08-14-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: forgot something
    07-08 Prem Annual Pass-logged 27 days!
    06 Off Prop- Renaissance
    06 PC
    06 Off Prop-DTD
    05 Off Prop- DTD
    05 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    04 WL
    03 Off Prop- Masters Inn
    02 College Program
    99 ASM
    96 Off Property-Magic Music Days
    94 POR (Dixiel Landings forever)

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure which is best...thou the Hilton is the only one which alows you to participate in Extra Magic Hours so that might be a deciding factor for you.

Another option some folks don't check on are the swan and dolphin...sometimes you can get very good discounts there...especially if you are a teacher or govt employees.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

The Hilton seems to be pretty high during my time-- $180's?plus seems like. (1st week of october). And as you say, if I have to pay that much and not get all the 'extras' of a disney resort... too bad POFQ doesn't have queen beds....

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the moderates have king beds. What about AAA that would give you a room only discount. For us the magic of staying on property and all of the on site perks far outweighs ever staying off property. What are your dates? There may be other discounts avaliable. I would highly suggest that you talk to someone at Magical Journeys and see if they can help you find what you are looking for in your price range.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: