Quantcast Is the "Regal Sun" a WDW hotel?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is the "Regal Sun" a WDW hotel?

Is the "Regal Sun" a WDW hotel? On their website it says “Discover the magic of vacationing at an Official Walt Disney World hotel - and saving money at the same time.” The hotel has listed a “Disney Shop, with specialty Disney merchandise and tickets to theme parks” and “Disney Character Breakfasts on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.” But, I do not see this hotel listed as having Extra Magic Hours / on the Disney Hotel list. I also don’t see the Regal Sun listed as a character meal location -- though I did see one for the Grosvenor (this place says “formerly known as The Grosvenor.” So . .can anyone give me info on this? Is the info the same as what is listed for the The Grosvenor? Is this really on property / part of the Extra Magic Hours program?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of it.

It's not part of EMH because it's not a Disney hotel or one of the few others that does participate that is not officially owned by Disney (Shades of Green, Swan, Dolphin, and the DTD Hilton are the only non-Disney hotels that have EMH access that I am aware of).

The Grosvenor is(was) one of the Downtown Disney Hotels; there are a bunch of hotels just off-site near Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney. I believe they share a bus that does not go directly to the parks, but has a bus stop a little farther away, near the Shades of Green buses. I'm not sure if all the DTD hotels use this bus or not. The DTD hotels are not on property and they do not have the perks of staying on-site. They are pretty close, though.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Its not a Disney resort but it is inside WDW. It is located across the street from Downtown disney so you can walk over. As far as I know, but I may be wrong, it is not eligible for EMH.

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

It's definately not a Disney Resort. It might be one of the 'Good Neighbor" resorts, but it's not owned or operated by Disney and will not share any of the benefits of the Disney resorts.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a Downtown Disney hotel, the former Grosvenor. I don't know what, if any perks DD hotels get.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed here, its a good neighbor resort. Like people have said, it is the former Grosvenor resort. Its not a bad hotel, I would stay here again. It close to Downtown disney, they have their own bus service (which we didn't use, we had a car). The only disney perk that you do get is the disney resort channel. There is not EMH, no free dinning, etc.
    Its a good hotel for the price and a great location, but its not owned by disney so its not Disney Resort
    First Trip: 1990 Fort Wilderness Campground
    1990-2006: Annual Pass Holder
    2002: Spring WDW College Program
    2005: First Disneyland Trip
    2007: Double Tree Suites DTD
    Engagement Trip
    11/6/2007 - 11/13/09 Regal Sun Resort DTD
    Next Trip
    Honeymoon
    9/1/09 - 9/10/09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Go to: downtowndisneyhotels.com

This will give you all the information you need!
    POFQ Jan 2011
    Saratoga Springs May 2010
    POFQ May 2009 and Sept 2009
    POFQ Aug 2008
    POFQ Sept. and March 2007
    POFQ March 2006
    POFQ March 2005 POR July 2005
    POR Dec 2005
    CS August 2004
    Contemporary & POR May/June 2003
    CB May 2002
    OKW 2001