Quantcast Magical Express vs Car Service

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magical Express vs Car Service

We have always used a car service to and from the airport, but I am considering using the ME service this year. What are the likes/dislikes of ME?
    1972-1998 Numerous off site
    2000 AS Sports
    2001 AS Sports
    2003 AS Music
    2003 Boardwalk
    2004 Swan
    2004 Beach Club Villas
    2005/06 (NYE) Beach Club Villas
    2006 Beach Club Villas
    2007 Beach Club Villas
    2008 Beach Club VIllas

DVC Member

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1) It's free
    2) it's on time
    3) it's fun watching the movies while enroute
    4) it's free!!
    5) they know where they are going!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazypoohbear View Post
    1) It's free
    2) it's on time
    3) it's fun watching the movies while enroute
    4) it's free!!
    5) they know where they are going!
    Plus, you don't have to worry about your luggage, it gets delivered to your room.

Only plus to car service I can think of is that you might have to stop at another resort or 2 before you get dropped off (doesn't take that long and probably the time you would wait for your luggage off sets this). Oh, you can probably get a car service to make a stop for food/snacks or
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

For me, the only real downside is lack of a grocery stop! *LOL*

But if you use gardengrocer or wegoshop for supplies, you really don't need one.

It may take a little longer by DME than towncar--or not. With a towncar, you still need to pick up your luggage. With DME, you just check in, board and go. And occasionally wait for others, or have other drop-offs prior to yours. Best guess is towncar service can be slightly faster at times.

The other issue might be if you have young children accustomed to car seats--or if you are uncomfortable when they aren't restrained. There are no provisions for using car seats on DME.

Post Thanks / Like

We have used ME a few times and love it. It is quick easy and FREE. The only down side is it takes abut 3-4 hours to get your bags delivered to your room. So if you use it pack anything that you will need as soon as you get there.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the good thing about renting a car is that if you get tired of disney food you can go out to eat somewhere off property. Another plus is if you go to water parks it usually is a really long wait for the bus so it would be better off to drive yourself!
    "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie The Pooh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofeygal View Post
    We have used ME a few times and love it. It is quick easy and FREE. The only down side is it takes abut 3-4 hours to get your bags delivered to your room. So if you use it pack anything that you will need as soon as you get there.
    If you don't want to wait for your luggage you can NOT use the DME tags and get your luggage yourself and bring it to the bus!

We use to rent a car and go to the grocery store but now we use garden grocer, just as easy!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taja View Post
    The other issue might be if you have young children accustomed to car seats--or if you are uncomfortable when they aren't restrained. There are no provisions for using car seats on DME.
    But there are no provisions for car seats on Disney Transport buses, either (the buses to and from the parks). Unless you are staying at a monorail resort and touring only MK and Epcot, you'll be on Disney Transport buses without car seats, anyway.

In other words, it would be foolish to avoid DME because of lack of car seats, but then spend all week riding Disney Transport buses to and from the parks ... know what I mean?

On another note, I treat accident (trauma) victims and my wife is a board certified pediatrician. Through our work, we know the importance of proper safety because we know how thhings can go tragically, horribly wrong. And we've had no reluctance at all about using ALL of the Disney buses with our small children.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dme

Please don't forget to show your gratitude to your DME Driver.

Thanks,
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both DME(3 times) and Town Car service(4 times) both have their own pros and cons. That being said I much prefer the DME now over the car service, for several reasons. No touch luggage, No waiting for luggage, It's free(although all WDW guest are paying for it, regardless if they use it or not), Time is close to the same as a town car service(about 10 minutes faster w/a town car).
    Off site Jan '92
    AS Music April '97, Dec '98
    AS Movies Oct 2000, Jan 03, Jan 05, Jan 06
    Pop Aug 06, Pop Jan 07
    Pop Aug 07, Pop Aug 08
    Pop Aug 09, Pop Aug 10
    Pop Aug 11, Pop Aug '12, AoA Aug '13
    Pop Dec '13 Aug '14, Jan '15, Aug '15

Next Trip: Pop Aug '16

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: