Quote Originally Posted by adoptionislove View Post
What is the reason for a day pass? We are going in March and I am just curious!
I am not positive if you mean you are going to Atlantis in March or stopping at Nassau on Disney Cruise. If you mean Atlantis, this day room discussion has nothing to do with it. Basically we are talking about when the cruise stops at Nassau, and we want to get passes to the waterpark and a room, although not overnight- a room for only a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by TammiMcMan View Post
It didn't ask me for ages, so I had 2 adults & 2 children. That total was $215 plus $24 in taxes. For 4 adults, the total was $295 plus $35 in taxes.
We have 2 adults and 2 children, and that price sounds great for me! Clarifying since I get a bit confused- this is including waterpark, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TammiMcMan View Post
A "day room" covers that time between checkout and checkin. Basically, you can get a discounted rate for only occupying the room between 10am and 3pm.

I found a rate of $215, so there are definitely discount deals out there.
Just wondering where you found that rate because that is the lowest one I've heard about and would like to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnTPK View Post
A couple of other points: Atlantis has showers to use, even if you don't have a room. The hospitality cavern and transit lounges are intended for people checking in and out before or after they have access to their room. I assume people with day-passes may use these facilities.

Two teens alone would be safe....I'd say most teens at Atlantis are alone during the day. Atlantis is a big area, but very controlled by security and there are lifeguards everywhere.

And you didn't ask this, but you gave me an idea: in the Bahamas, the hotels do not 'own' the actual beach, it's public land. Locals are allowed to roam freely on the beach, and cruisers frequently make there way up and down Atlantis' beach. People not staying at Atlantis may not come on Atlantis' grounds or use Atlantis's' chairs, but they may use the beach. If you wanted to save money, you could buy day passes for the teens and have the adults just spend a day on the beach. Depending on where the adults situated themselves on the beach, they could be pretty close to where the teens were 'playing' (though it's a ways down the beach from the public restroom).
I know this might be a bit naughty as a parent but I was just wondering what people thought about dropping the kids off inside of the resort, going to the beach, and then going back to the cruise of relaxing- and then going back to the resort to pick them up. I don't like the idea of having the kids get off the cruise and walk through Nassau to Atlantis by themselves, as responsible and trustworthy as they are. So just as long as I bring them back and forth from Atlantis, I should be safe, right?

I was also wondering how the conditions of the showers, etc. and what else there is at the hospitality cavern.