Quantcast Hayden's Magical Character Menagerie Last Day and Final Thoughts

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hayden's Magical Character Menagerie Last Day and Final Thoughts

I forgot to mention one other thing that happened on Friday. While we were wandering Adventureland we got to see Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial. Man Johnny Depp did a good job of portraying the real Jack here. It was great and after the show my DW grabbed Mack and asked for his autograph, we got that a picture, and Hayden was inducted as an honorary pirate.
    Now on to Saturday Dec. 1. This morning we had reservations at 1900 Park Fare again so we go the car packed and checked out on our way to the bus stop to MK where we caught the Monorail to the Grand Floridian. We checked in and shortly were seated and as we were seated here comes Winnie the Pooh. After he left both Mary Poppins and Alice had entered our room so we waited a little bit before getting our food. Once we got our food here comes Tigger and the Mad Hatter. All the charaters were great although the Mad Hatter aparently scared some of the children. He was quite loud, but well...mad. Our server Carla did a great job she brought us another signed placemat, Hayden a crown, a cupcake, and a glow Capt Hook and Tinkerbell you know the ones that come with the Pirate Punch. That was cool as those usually go for $5 each. Then after we put Hayden back down to sleep some in his chair while we finished up Tigger came back and played with Hayden. He took Tinkerbell off and started flying her around Hayden and it was really sweet.
    After breakfast we decided to head over to Epcot to ride Universe of Energy. Along the way Eva got the rest of her trading cards. We like this ride and didn't get a chance to go there earlier that week, plus it is becoming tradition that this is our last park before we go home. After the ride we meandered around Future World for a little while then with tears in our eyes we said good bye for now to Disney World.
    On the way home we stopped by my Grandmother's house in Jacksonville and on our second day travelling home we stopped over in Hilton Head so Hayden could see the ocean again, he loves hearing the waves.
    I think at Hayden's two year old birthday here in January we are going to try and get in touch with Make A Wish again and see if we can get the ball rolling, maybe since he is older they can make the exception this time. If not we will put our deposit down and start planning our trip for next year.

Final Thoughts: Well I told you already about the three issues we had and I have sent my letter to Guest Communications, but I ahve to agree with Strmchsr. He mentioned in his trip report that smoking seemed to be getting out of control both in the parks and at the hotels, the designated spots are not being enforced, and they have picked some weird places for designated spots. For instance in Camp Minnie Mickey right where it can be inhaled by all the little ones waiting to see the characters, and one of the spots at All Star Movies is right as you go into the lobby from the pool side so you have to pass through it.

Anyway I am off my soapbox now and all in all it could not have been a more perfect trip. We saw over 116 total characters, most of which were new to us plus a couple of rare autographs. We met some wonderful fellow intercotees, we got all the transportation trading cards, traded over 50 pins, ate at Cinderella's Castle for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Got to wake up Tinkerbell, named "First Family of The American Adventure", Hayden made an honorary Prince in Training, watched jealously as my son got over 10 kisses from real princesses, watched my wife being turned into a wicked queen in training (her words not mine), made a lightsaber with my son, got our honorary Bus Driver Liscense, rode in the front of the monorail and got our Jr. Monorail Liscense, got to pose with my Disney hero Mr Incredible, got hot chocolate and cookies during the Christmas Party, had Minnie Mouse flirt with me, fought off Captain Hook flirting with my wife, having our pictures taken by Captain Hook and I have to say the absolute best was having Mickey himself give Hayden a plush Mickey Mouse.
    To be honest there are so many wonderful memories that these are the first that popped in my head as I was typing. This has been our best trip we have taken, for now....Here's to next years trip and even more magic.

Thank you with all our hearts all for all of your prayers, pixie dust, and thoughts.

Kyle, Eva, and Hayden Jones

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds as if your trip was truly magical!
    I am so glad you all had such a wonderful and memorable experience!!!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

So happy you had a wodnerful trip. i enjoyed reading all of your reports!!!!
    Rachel
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports, Kyle. I know you'll cherish these memories forever. Thanks for sharing!!!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

You and family certainly created lots of wonderful memories! Thanks for your terrific reports!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a true joy to relive your family's memories. You had some incredibly touching and special things happen to each one of you, and each report was wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I have truly enjoyed reading all of your reports. Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

Your reports were truly magical. I really look forward to your next trip.

I wish you all the Merriest of Christmas's
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 șOș
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort șOș

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds as though your trip was just as magical as we all hoped it would be! Appreciate you taking us all along for the ride Great report
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the best trip ever!! I'm sure you got some very awesome pictures with all the characters. Great reports, i felt like i was a bird on your shoulder
    Ariel
    Disneyland Annual Pass Holder

VMK Name: IzzyInWonderland

1996-Disneyland Hotel
    1998-Disneyland Hotel
    2002-WDW All-Star Music Resort

COUNTLESS TRIPS TO DLR BUT ONLY 1 TRIP TO WDW

Post Thanks / Like

What a great trip report! I loved reading it, and it sounded like you had an awsome trip.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving in 3 hours for Disney World. Reading your trip reports made this week go by much faster.

I hope to have half the trip you did!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Have a blessed holiday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You Everybody, This Trip Would Not Have Been Nearly As Magical Without All Of Your Help. I Wouldn't Have Known About All The Little Magical Experiences That Could Have Happened Like Wakeing Up Tinkerbell, And Riding In The Front Of The Monorail Without All Or Your Knowledge. Not To Mention All The Hints And Tips From All Of My Fellow Character Hunters.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip. My prayers are with you upon your return.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for sharing!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing your wonderful family vacation. I really enjoyed reading your reports!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing Hayden's Magical Character Menagerie with us! Your reports were fantastic. It felt like I was right there with you. I'm glad that you were able to handle the few problems that you did have in a calm way. You've set a good example for the rest of us. Let us know what Guest Relations has to say about your issues. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful trip! I know you will cherish the memories made for ever! Thank you for allowing us to share your experience!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm so happy to hear you had such a wonderful trip. May there be many more for you all in the future.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you had such a magical trip with your family & that you took the time to share it with us.

Wishing you many many more trips!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: