Quantcast Is it Holiday Time Already?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is it Holiday Time Already?

Last weekend (Sept. 22) I went to Borders to pick up a book. There were Christmas cards on the display racks as well as holiday music playing.

Then, I went to BJ's. The artificial Christmas trees are on display and lit, as well as wrapping paper and decorations for sale.

We used to joke that the decorations are up before Thanksgiving; now they're up before Columbus Day!
    Nov. '98, DxL
    Nov. '00 DxL
    Nov. '01, ASMo
    Nov. '02, WL
    Dec. '03 PO-R
    Sept. '04, SSR; Nov. '04, OKW
    Aug. '05, SSR; Nov. '05, SSR
    Aug. 06, SSR; Nov. '06, OKW
    June '07, VWL; Nov. '07, SSR
    Aug. '08, AKV; Oct. '08, SSR
    June '09, OKW & AKV; Oct. '09 SSR
    Aug '10, SSR & AKV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually was in Walgreen's yesterday and up on some top shelves they already had Christmas stuff mixed in with the stock. They just finished putting out Halloween last week and they already gearing up for Christmas
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. We noticed it too. At Target they already have quite a bit of Christmas decor out. You can find Christmas lawn decor right next to the Halloween candy. Weird.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Macy's (formerly Marshall Fields) near me has several Christmas Trees up already and is selling ornaments and decor items. Too early.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Our local Wal-Mart started stocking the shelves with Christmas stuff two weeks ago. In fact, you can still buy grass seed in the shelf next to the snowglobes. Kind of ironic, and definitely too early. It just reminded me of all the money that I don't have to spend on Christmas!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

We actually saw some Christmas trees on sale at our local Wal-Mart during the last week of August because we commented that it wasn't even Labor Day yet and they were already at it. Granted it was only two trees but still it was before Labor Day and I think that is just too much!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was jst at Michaels this evening and they were playing Christmas music.

I think Hallmark has had the Christmas ornaments ot since about July.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, here too!!!

But I love it!!! I decorate our place on Thanksgiving weekend, so I'm getting all the stuff before hand!

And this year will be even more fun since DS will be a year old and he loves looking at fun stuff like that!!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been an employee of Wal-Mart for over 5 years and I'm still trying to get used to the Christmas decorations going up in the Fall. I'm just waiting for the dancing dolls to come out...The ones where you press a button to try them out.

Once they're out, I'll be going there on one of my breaks and pressing all of them rapidly in order to set up a chorus...You know, just for fun.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Christmas items for sale in several stores already. I think they could at least wait until AFTER Halloween!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

I may just have excitement overload this fall into winter.
    Meeting some of my Intercot friends AND a Disney trip in 7 days.
    Christmas with my first grandchild.
    Life is good.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHMCWYG View Post
    I've been an employee of Wal-Mart for over 5 years and I'm still trying to get used to the Christmas decorations going up in the Fall. I'm just waiting for the dancing dolls to come out...The ones where you press a button to try them out.

Once they're out, I'll be going there on one of my breaks and pressing all of them rapidly in order to set up a chorus...You know, just for fun.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I may just have excitement overload this fall into winter.
    Meeting some of my Intercot friends AND a Disney trip in 7 days.
    Christmas with my first grandchild.
    Life is good.
    Oh how fun!!!! My mom LOVED Christmas last year since DS was only a month and half!! Her first Christmas as a grandmother too!!!

I hope you have the best ever!!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'm sorry ... I'm not a Grinch at all (in fact, Christmas is far and away my favorite day of the year), but this rush rush rush to the holiday by the retail industry really burns me up.

I'm old school ... after Labor Day you can start with Halloween. But no Thanksgiving talk until after Halloween. And then once Thanksgiving is over (or right before maybe), up can go the Christmas decorations.

Having them up in SEPTEMBER is just ridiculous. We're not even in the FOURTH QUARTER YET!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post

Oh how fun!!!! My mom LOVED Christmas last year since DS was only a month and half!! Her first Christmas as a grandmother too!!!

I hope you have the best ever!!
    Thank you and may you have a truly blessed season also.
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you and may you have a truly blessed season also.
    Ahh..thanks...I'm excited that he's a bit older now so I can start the "tradition"...I always said I would make a "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake when I had children...so we're doing it!!
    And milk and cookies for Santa!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    Ahh..thanks...I'm excited that he's a bit older now so I can start the "tradition"...I always said I would make a "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake when I had children...so we're doing it!!
    And milk and cookies for Santa!!!
    That's nice! We may have to make a cake like that for my dear GS to get the idea of what the season is all about. Do you mind if I use it?
    resident Fairy Godmother

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

I say bring it on lol. I love Christmas and looking at all the christmas stuff just makes me happy. In fact it's only 82 days till Christmas.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

I work at Crate and Barrel and we started unpacking our ornaments about 3 weeks ago. They go out this Thursday! Love It! Tis the Season...
    June 1987 - May 2017
    Upcoming visits - Solo trip November 2017 and daughter's sweet 16 in February 2018 º0º

Post Thanks / Like

That's nice! We may have to make a cake like that for my dear GS to get the idea of what the season is all about. Do you mind if I use it?
    Oh goodness no!!! Use it all you want
    I actually remember reading about that years ago in my early 20's. They had other neat things too, to help instill the meaning in children.

That was one thing that stuck out in my mind.
    Doing the advent each week also was another.

Oh and I loved what one family did. Each child got 3 gifts [that was it]. Because Jesus was brought 3 types of gifts. So that helped to instill meaning AND to not go overboard. I thought that was a really neat idea too.

Post Thanks / Like

I work at a candle store and we just put out all of our holiday fragrances in the candles this past week ... we've had a preview of our most popular out since September 9th. This week we also put out holiday fragrances in our non-wax items and holiday gift sets ... It shouldn't be much more than another week or two and I'm sure we'll have the holiday accessories out as well... Nevermind that we still have Halloween stuff in our windows and I'm just getting to the point of being ready to stock up on my fall fragrances . I can't believe how early we're setting up the holiday stuff this year ... Seems like it was even earlier than last year.

This summer I was walking around the mall and noticed a couple of ornaments in the window at Hallmark ... at first I thought, maybe it's an isolated thing, or someone somehow accidentally has left something since last season because clearly there couldn't be holiday things out in June ... and then I looked at the signs hanging in the window, all of which had Santa Clause on them!

I'm willing to concede that maybe we don't have to wait until after Thanksgiving, but before Columbus Day seems a bit much!

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: