Quantcast Checking In at Caribbean?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Checking In at Caribbean?

Does anyone know the wait time for checking in at CBR on a Saturday? I know you dont get a room til 3pm but are the lines long when you arrive early?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default carribean check in

stayed at the caribbean beach last september arrived around 10 30 am we only waited in line for maybe 10 miniutes plus got a room that was ready within the hour of arrival in martinique which is a great location. we will be staying at the cbr again arivving september 21 to the 30th. check in as well as check out was no problem at all. i love this resort.i hope we have the same service this time around but even if we had a long line to wait in it would be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived at CBR last September on the 17th. We were a little off calculating our arrival time and ended up arriving at 8:30 am on the morning of check in.

We went in and there was only one part on line in front of us. We were seen by a CM within a few minutes. The whole time we were checking in, maybe 2 or 3 other parties showed up; it was by no means crowded.

We were only expecting to pick up our keys to the kingdom and parking passes but to our surprise a room was ready for us. We took our luggage to our room and were back out to the parks by 9:15.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

It's been 3 years ago for us, but the wait was horrible. We arrived close to 10 AM and barely made it out of there by noon. The reason I remember is that my DB-I-L and wife were arriving at 12:30 and we didn't want our daughter to see them as it was a surprise we had set up to reveal that evening at dinner! CBR was the worst experience we had as far as check in/out services go. Otherwise we found the resort to be very pleasant. Hopefully they've gotten much better
    May'98-WL
    Sept'01-POFQ
    Oct'03-ASM
    Aug'04-CBR & Charley
    Dec'05- WL-Joined DVC
    June'06- DL's Grand Californian
    Nov '06 SSR
    Oct '07 SSR with extended family
    Oct '08 Disney Wonder/OKW
    Nov '09 AKV @ Kidani
    Nov '10 Kidani
    Nov '11 VWL
    May-June 13 Kidani
    Feb-March '14 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

The one time we stayed there we were the only people checking in. It was a Friday (sorry, not Saturday), but it was around 10:00 am, and we were done within minutes. Very smooth.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem checking in there early, but if you arrive before 11:00 you may have to deal with guests who are checking out. Also if you arrive on Disney's Magical Express that's going to effect your wait time if lots of guests are staying at CBR as well. So you could get lucky and be first in line, or get stuck behind a tour group. Just depends.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    30+visits to WDW
    Port Orleans-RS and FQ
    Caribbean Beach
    Coronado Springs
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Beach Club
    Contemporary
    Polynesian
    Pop Century

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed there in October several years ago and arrived there on a Saturday around noon. We waited in line an hour to check in. At least there is a children's sitting area to occupy little one if you have them.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the wild card is Disney's Magical Express. They qeue people at the airport by hotel location, so when you get on a ME bus to CBR, which we did, you may be on there with 20 other families, all of whom will be disembarking at the same hotel and getting in line to check in. I would say that Saturday being a very popular travel day, that you should allow for at least an hour at check in. If it's less, then great it's a bonus and if it's an hour or a bit more you won't be frustrated.

CBR has a lot of check in windows, but since most people are also getting their park tickets, special event tickets and other preordered package info, it takes longer at check in than at a regular hotel.

Post Thanks / Like

My first time staying at CBR I don't remember any check-in problems. The second time was my worst - the room wasn't ready until 5:00pm, and I thought it was going to be 3:00pm at the latest, so I waited at the resort instead of going to the parks. The room was assigned by 3:00pm, if I recall correctly, but not ready for occupancy until 5:00pm.

However, it wasn't CBR's fault - a company had booked the CBR for a group vacation for their employees. They took up about 800 of the 1100 or so rooms there. Everyone was complaining about the crowds; every room was booked at the resort. It was just a rare, unlucky time to go.
    Gina a.k.a. cheshirecollector
    VMK name: Venetia

Next Trip: TBA

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: