I'm a little confused by the whole Photo Pass/Memory Maker thing. I THINK that Photo Pass is the actually photographer and pictures that you can purchase seperately, and that Memory Maker is something you can buy so you can download all the pictures without needing to pay for them seperately? Is that a good way of looking at it or am I confused?

The last time I was in the parks I had an annual pass, which included the Memory Maker. I know that when we got our pictures taken they showed up almost immediately on the MDE app and we could view them, email them, share them, etc. Is that BECAUSE we had Memory Maker and if we didn't have it would we not be able to see them? Or do they just show up when they scan your Magic Band, they link it to your MDE account and those pictures just get linked as part of Photo Pass. And if that's the case, that I can already view and save the pictures to my phone without Memory Maker, then what's the point of the product? We're planning on purchasing Memory Maker for our trip, but I'm just trying to figure out what we're actually buying.

Thanks so much!