So... long story.

If I do the online check in thing....... can I then STILL just go to the front desk to check in instead of really "using" any of the supposed advantages of the online check in? As in, pretend we never did it (other than for the requests).

The reason I don't WANT to use the on-line check in is the multiple stories I've heard of "issues".

The reason for asking this is that we are using DVC "points" for our stay and when I go to the normal phone in channels at Disney (407-939-7630) to do the typical room request business shortly before arrival ..... I hit a brick wall. I get told that only the original DVC member can make ANY kind of requests whatsoever to that reservation.

(The member is someone we don't know..... we purchased points via one of the commercial places.)

BUT... and this is the "kicker" here....... the people on the phone said that we CAN make the requests on the online check-in system. And they said we can do that kind of stuff when we are physically AT the resort too. No problem.

SO....... that is basically crazy and illogical.

Therefore, I was thinking of a potential "work-around" so that I can get this in in advance.

Anyone know if this will work... or will it create MORE problems?

best,

.................john