Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
Terra, I completely understand your point of view, trust me. I know very well that every child with Autism has different struggles and is affected differently. When we lived near Disneyland, I used to go alone to "escape" as much as possible.

I will say, don't say "never" when it comes to your child. It is truly amazing how far our kids can come with therapy over the years. My youngest is now 8 and he is NOTHING like he was at 2, 3, 4, 5, and even 6. He has auditory processing disorder, expressive language impairments, and sensory processing disorder. I totally get the lack of cause and effect understanding, reasoning, logic, etc. The young ages are VERY trying. Things do often get better. We never even got to WDW as a family until our youngest was almost 5 because he had a crippling fear of airplanes. They are his favorite thing now. If someone had told me five years ago that my son would eventually love flying, I would have laughed in their face. His anxiety attacks at the mere sight of a plane were nothing to sneeze at.

I guess all this is to say we never can fully understand other's experiences, and I think there could be a better way to implement the DAS.

Perhaps rather than allowing this suit to go forward, Disney will think about changes that they can make to accommodate different needs.
I tried to "like" your post! And agree.

Yes, we use Disney as an escape. It's so hard to explain to people that he can really get that sensory seeking side of him fulfilled there, yet also becoming completely overwhelmed there if not done "just so".
Thank goodness, parents like you understand because you've been there, done that!

To be honest, in Disney's defense, they are never going to please everyone. I may not care for the new way, but we do it. Because it is what it is. I don't really blame Disney at all. It's just life as we know it.