We go to DisneyWorld all the time and its so relaxing because we know what to do, when to do it and how! I decided to take the plunge and go on a quick trip to Southern California with the kiddos (15 & 18). Of course we have to go to Disneyland for one day. My DH is sitting this trip out.

I thought it would be easy enough to go to the beach and Disneyland for the day but much more expensive/complicated then I thought (I don't want to be doing any public transportation and car services/taxi's are adding up.

So after thinking about it, I will take a shuttle from Long beach airport to hotel ($42) and rent a car Monday a.m. to go to beach and on Tuesday go to Warner Brothers or Paramount for a tour (we put in for Ellen tickets on Friday when they became available, keeping our fingers crossed!).

Originally was going to just take a shuttle/bus/car to Disneyland for the day Wed but then thought since its closer to Long beach airport, perhaps go Wed midday and get a room at Fairmount Marriot and go to DTD that night and then Disneyland the next day and leave around 7 p.m. for the airport from there.

My questions, will I be okay driving around Hollywood (probably won't go into downtown Los Angeles) and the beaches Monday and Tuesday, is it really that difficult? I work on the outskirts of Boston so traffic is part of my everyday but don't want to be stressed driving on vacation.

If we are at Disneyland from opening Thursday till 6:30 will that give us enough time to take in what is different then in Florida?

Must do's (i.e. getting fast passes) - California Screamin, Matterhorn, and Indiana Jones ride? Any other must sees? We would of course like to do TSM and Soarin but we won't be too upset if we can't.

Suggestions for eating? Not too expensive but a nice sit down before we fly all night.

I have read many other blogs, but you all usually have the best advice in one area!

Actually listening to Soarin music as I type this!

I appreciate your thoughts and opinions!