Quantcast About to take a LARGE group of kids... Advice?!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default About to take a LARGE group of kids... Advice?!

Our children's church is about to take a large group of kids to Disney for 2 days in June (I know, it's going to be hot!). We've had sign-ups out for less than a week and we already have about 20 kids signed up! I've been to Disney a lot growing up, but I've never been responsible for this many people. So I had a few questions if anyone has the time to think it through:

1. First of all, we're going to have a group of maybe 50 including leaders, I would guess. And we're intending on doing Wishes and the Main Street Electrical Parade on the night that we do the Magic Kingdom- it's so DISNEY, you know? Is this crazy? The kids are all 3rd-6th grade, not wee ones! These kids are wonderfully behaved and we've never had any behavior problems on these trips, or had to worry about kids running off. Probably about 8 kids per leader, so we could split up some if need be!

2. Where would you recommend sitting to see both the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes with this many people? Has anyone done this before that could let me know how it goes?

3. What are some things to keep kids busy in Animal Kingdom? I know about things like KSafari, and Kali, and Everest, and the Tree of Life, but we always kind of skimmed Animal Kingdom when I was growing up. What are some of your favorite things to do here?

4. Cheap food- we're taking lots of kids who are going to want to stop for snacks during the day. What are some of the best counter-service, kid-friendly places in these parks?

5. Where is the best place in each park to sit and take a break if the kids start to tire out? Not all 50 of us will be together at once! But still, big enough for 10-15 of us to sit and relax for a little while.

6. Also, a question for you Disney experts- at Magic Kingdom, what order do you recommend working around the park? I was thinking to avoid Fantasy Land early in the morning and work back to it closer to parade time in hopes that it would clear out some... Thoughts?

Also, any other advice you could think of would be so helpful! Thanks so much and wish us luck!
    Last edited by DisneyDawgette; 04-23-2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Typo

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: