My husband and I decided we wanted to take our 7 & 9 yr. olds to WDW. This will actually be the first planned trip we've taken as a family. Back in January 2011 we started browsing the WDW site and came across a special offer called "kids stay and play free" when you book a 4 night 4 day magic your way vacation package. Sounded like a plan! I clicked on the offer and was asked what day we wanted to check in. I put in May 9, 2011 and the system automatically filled in May 12, 2011. I continued with my information, booked the trip, and paid for it.
Now, here we are, a month before our trip and we begin the planning when I get to planning the dates out and realize it's actually only 3 nights. So, I call WDW cust. serv. where I get transferred from one person to another only to have their final stand as "I changed the date to 3 nights". I argued that I did not change anything, the system automatically filled in the check out date. Then, after being transferred to another person, she tells me ,"well that package was for the value resorts" and I chose a moderate. Then why does my confirmation say "kids stay and play for free offer"? It's a complete cop out. They offered a package and now won't stand behind it. Of course now my husband is completely livid because here we are making plans around a 4 night vacation and we're minus 1 night of accommodations and meals, which we included with purchase.
One of the agents I talked to recommended that I send an email explaining what happened to WDW guest communications. Well, I did that and I got an immediate response saying that they've received my email and they would be in contact with me within 10 days. So, I will post an update later with the results of whether they plan to honor the advertisement or not.
I just wanted to write this post to help anyone that may be planning a trip to WDW and want to take advantage of any special offers. You really need to double check that you are getting what is advertised. What's worse is I'm becoming less and less excited about this trip and it should be a happy occasion. My sister and sister-in-law have both been with their families within the last couple of months and they both came back complaining about the crowds and portions of the parks being under construction. Of course, they both went during spring break which would understandably be crowded. Hopefully we'll miss some of that being as we're going in May. In closing, just make sure you're getting what they're advertising!!