Hi!
Can you help me plan our first ever visit to Universal Studios?
Our family is going to WDW* this Dec (12-17), our 3rd visit, and we'd like add 2 days for Universal Studios (Dec 17-19).

I don't know if I want to shell out for an on-site hotel, and I'm wondering if anyone has good recs for any of the offsite "partner hotels" listed on US's website. A mom I know recs Doubletree Hotel at the Entrance to Universal, another site recs Four Points by Sheraton Studio City - are these good choices? Is another one better? Are the offsite hotels' shuttles to US good?

We'll be flying in and won't have a car for the WDW ... aren't planning to rent a car unless absolutely necessary.

The other things is I don't know if we will actually have 2 days worth to do -- none of like roller coasters. Tower of Terror is pretty much the most thrilling thing I can do. We have 2 girls age 8 & 12 and they are not thrill-seekers either. What can we do in US that will be fun but not scary? Should we skip IOA altogether?

Is there some kind of "newbie FAQ for Universal Studios first-timers" anywhere? What do you think every newbie ought to know?

*(Coronado Springs )

Thanks for any help!!!!
aj in PA