America's favorite TV show returns next week. First stop? Phoenix.

"American Idol" will offer auditions from that city on the season premiere from 8 to 10 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13, on Fox.

The next stop? Kansas City, Mo., which is featured from 8 to10 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 14.

The biggest change this season will be quickly evident: Kara DioGuardi becomes the fourth judge, joining Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and the sharp, indispensable Simon Cowell.
I can't wait to see what Kara DioGuradi brings to the mix. I like some of the changes this year. Also there is a great fansite that tries to track all the contestants that make it into the top 50. I've watched a few youtube clips and listened to some music from some of the contestants and I think there's definitely some promise. There are a few more "ringer" rumors again this year but you know what-I don't even care anymore. I was all up in arms last year about Carly Smithson and I don't even know why. By the time she got kicked off I liked her, and she was one of my favorite performers on the tour. Here's to a season of less bad auditions, less audition episodes, more Hollywood exposure, and the return of the Wildcard!