Quantcast Workout Questions - Favorite Gym/Run

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Workout Questions - Favorite Gym/Run

I was cheking on which resorts have a "health club" (aka gym). It looks like the only Mod with a gym is the CS. The Deluxe resorts all seem to have a gym except the Poly where you can use the GF.

For those of you who like to work out, what is your favorite gym?

Also, can you run all the way around Bay Lake without having to turn back? Are there any other good running routes on the property? Does Disney publish a list of running routes?

Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The deluxe resorts and DVC resorts all have decent gyms to work out in; be forewarned that while most are good, none are exceptional. If you belong to a gym at home, don't expect any of the perks that you'll find in today's modern gyms. The BC/YC and SSR have better than average health clubs.

As for runs, most resorts have maps with "jogging trails." I have a preference for the BW, BC, YC route that circles the lake - it's 7/8 of a mile, but a fun run. Several laps go by quickly, and before you know it, you've run a few miles. The WL has a nice route to FW and back.

Most of the other resorts have basic loops, or some sort of "forced" running trail.

And no, you cannot run around Bay Lake.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

My DW and I were planning a trip the the World last January and she was also training for a marathon at the time. While doing some research online I came across this website that had a ton of information on runners at WDW. It includes routes and maps with distances and plenty of useful information. I hope this helps

http://www.disneyrunning.com/wdwtrails.html
    Jason -

"Oh, he's doing his own theme music? Big, dumb and tone deaf. I am so glad I was unconscious for all of this."

Many, Many trips to DL
    Jan 26-30 '08 ASMu
    Apr 24-26 '08 Disneyland Resort Hotel
    Jan 24-31 '09 Off-Site at the World
    Jun 11-15 '09 CBR
    May 4-8 '10 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I did the Poly's run/walk which is around the Poly (winding route), and over to the Grand Flo (Past said Gym & Wedding Pavillion) and back. It was all near Bay Lake.

I am not sure, but I think all resorts have a running map they will give you at the Front Desk, thats how we got our Poly run.

You cannot run around Bay Lake, there is no walkway across the canal where they park the electric light parade. They were thinking about building pathways across it at one point I was told, but sadly it never happened. There is a path from MK to that canal and it dead ends at the canal.
    Johnny Po!
    1978 - 1984 too many to count - OffSite
    2000 - POFQ, MOWC (Sept)
    2001 - CS, Offsite (Jan) ASM (June) POFQ (Sept)
    2004 - POFQ (Sept)
    2005 - WL (June) AKL (Sept)
    2008 - Poly (Nov)
    2009 - Poly Club (July)
    2011 - BC Club (Sept)
    2013 - BWI Club(Aug)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks!

That was a useful link. From the maps the BW, YC, BC, Swan and Dolphin seem to be the most runnable.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Posterchild View Post
    My wife and I did the Poly's run/walk which is around the Poly (winding route), and over to the Grand Flo (Past said Gym & Wedding Pavillion) and back. It was all near Bay Lake.

I am not sure, but I think all resorts have a running map they will give you at the Front Desk, thats how we got our Poly run.

You cannot run around Bay Lake, there is no walkway across the canal where they park the electric light parade. They were thinking about building pathways across it at one point I was told, but sadly it never happened. There is a path from MK to that canal and it dead ends at the canal.
    That's actually the Seven Seas Lagoon in the Polynesian/GF/Contemporary . Bay Lake is the portion behind the Contemporary. It's all connected as a water body, but not all accessible by walkway. FW probably has some trails near Bay Lake? I don't know.

Aha, just checked Jason's map. FW does have a trail that edges Bay Lake. But not all around it. Great map, Jason. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by SBETigg; 06-10-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: checked map
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: