Quantcast Tea time at Grand Floridian

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tea time at Grand Floridian

Has anyone done the tea time at GF? What is it like? Do you have to dress up for it. I was hearing about some of the tea sandwiches you get. Do you get a choice of what kinds you like. I'm kinda picky eater, but the scones and pastries sound really good.
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can find more information about Tea at the Grand Floridian, at InfoCentral. I hope to have my picky up in the air there in October!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to the GF twice for tea. It was really a nice, relaxing time. No, you don't have to dress up for it if you don't want to. I saw plenty of people wearing typical theme park clothing. Yes, you can order things a la carte. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Click on the INFO CENTRAL and under dining you will find the menu listed. The a la carte selections are not listed but they are things like pastries and scones.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if they still have the "Tea for Two" on the menu? We tried to get the earliest seating we could for tea, but it's 3:20 -- our dinner res that night is 7:50, but we're still a little concerned about getting too full that late in the afternoon. I was looking at sharing one of the other tea selections, or just ordering ala carte items, but then saw this one specifically for two people here on the Intercot menu. It's not listed on another site that has fairly current menus, so is it still even offered?
    Katiebell, Citizen of Disneyland

Never wear anything that panics the cat. ~ P.J. O'Rourke

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the tea in January for my honeymoon and LOVED it! People weren't by any means dressed up. I'm unsure if they have the "tea for two" I can't remember seeing it on the menu.
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all the information! I'm sure my DH & I will really enjoy getting a chance to take tea at the GF and enjoy a nice afternoon together!
    1996...Magic Music Days...Off Site
    2000...With family...Off site
    2004...Honeymoon...POFQ
    2005...1 yr anniv...POR
    2008...4 year anniv...Windsor Hills
    2011...8 year anniv...Lighthouse Key
    2015...10 Year Anniv...Windsor Hills

just2mickey Guest

We have made it a point to have tea as often as possible. I enjoy the atmosphere and when they bring the tea to smell. My daughter who is nine was not ready for tea but she did enjoy a nice cup of cocoa and I had the cafe mocha from the cafe. It comes in a huge cup with a screened Mickey head in the foam.

Post Thanks / Like

Default tea time?

is this tea time just for little girls, or is this a different one? is this the one where alice in wonderland characters are there, or more for adults?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by like2workout View Post
    is this tea time just for little girls, or is this a different one? is this the one where alice in wonderland characters are there, or more for adults?
    If you click on Ellen's link in the second post of this thread, you will get information on the tea. This one is most definitely a grown up outing, but there is a children's selection on the menu as well

Post Thanks / Like

I would not recommend doing tea at 3:30 and then scheduling dinner for 7:30. That is just too close. The tea is VERY filling! It's hard to imagine it, but all those little things add up to a very rich indulgence! Hubby and I enjoyed High Tea there before at around 4pm,and even eating at 9pm that night, we felt too full to really eat a full dinner. Space them out as much as you can, or plan to do a light dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
    I would not recommend doing tea at 3:30 and then scheduling dinner for 7:30. That is just too close. The tea is VERY filling! It's hard to imagine it, but all those little things add up to a very rich indulgence! Hubby and I enjoyed High Tea there before at around 4pm,and even eating at 9pm that night, we felt too full to really eat a full dinner. Space them out as much as you can, or plan to do a light dinner.
    Yeah, I know, but it's the only time we could get and it's our last day ...that's why I was thinking of ordering just a few items ala carte that we could share, instead of something like the Grand Tea. Our dinner ADR is 7:50 at Rose and Crown, and I'm thinking we won't actually get seated and be able to order until 8:15-8:30. And I will call back Disney Dining a couple of times to see if there were any cancellations for an earlier seating for tea.

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year and are going back this year. We LOVED the afternoon tea. It is a peaceful and relaxing break in the middle of the afternoon. The tea and the food were wonderful. I think we will make time for tea everytime we go- that's how much we enjoyed it!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: