Quantcast Belated Honeymoon/ 5-year anniversary

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Belated Honeymoon/ 5-year anniversary

My husband and I weren't able to go on a honeymoon when we got married (no $ after paying for the wedding) and we decided to spend our 5 year anniversary in WDW as the honeymoon we never got to take. Can anyone suggest some things that we can do to make the trip romantic? We're booked at the POR. Is it worth mentioning to the resort that it's our anniversary?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!!!

POR is nice, though for romance you might reconsider POFQ. It's smaller with a more romantic feel and POR tends to have a lot more families with young children.

Absolutely mention it's your anniversary and the "honeymoon you never had" both on your resort reservation and when you make your ADRs. Sometimes they do a little something extra for you. Not always, but it doesn't hurt to let them know.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your belated honeymoon!

Here are some romantic ideas for your trip!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, do mention it on your resort reservation. When we were at Pop Century for our Honeymoon in January we "had mail" when we checked in. It was a little card in an envelope from Mickey and Minnie saying congratulations on the Honeymoon. It was a nice touch.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

on your 5th!

Yes, definitely mention your celebrating your anniversary. Also, they sell Mickey and Minnie bride & groom hats in the parks. Get a set and wear them. It will add to the magic as everyone, guests and cast members will be wishing you congratulations! We did this on our 6th anniversay/honeymoon that we never had, it was truly magical.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Congrats on your anniversary

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at POFQ this past September—and we had such a great time that we are going back for our anniversary this year. Definitely mention that it is your belated honeymoon/anniversary—we had come back to the room to find a nice photo of Mickey and Minnie with their congrats as well as some chocolate and beads.

Also, get the matching ears (veil and top-hat) and don't forget to go to City Hall in the Magic Kingdom and get your buttons (just mention that its your anniversary). While we were on our trip we were pulled out of the line at Kali River rapids and got to cut the line (felt bad for everyone else on the line though) and we got to be in the parade at AK. And everyone is even more pleasant than normal (can't even begin to tell you how many cast members and guest came up to us to ask how many days and congrats), and it really does make you feel special.

Before I keep going on and on, congrats again and have an awesome, and magical time.
    Last edited by DisneyCouple07; 03-27-2007 at 11:10 AM. Reason: (Smilies)

Post Thanks / Like

Both Por & Pofq have a horse drawn carriage ride that might fit the bill.

Also the boat ride to and from DTD at night is very nice.

While a drink with Piano Bob in the lounge at POR isn't romantic it sure is a lot of fun! (and laughter is a great part of any vacation isn't it?)

Also consider having at least one of the signature dining meals to celebrate. Personally Citrico's and Cali grill are both fantastic. Hopefully you'll have the honeymoon of your dreams!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Not only mentioning to CM that it's your honeymoon, but also ask what would be the most romantic location and try booking a room there.

I would also suggest wearing the Bride and Groom Mouseears throughout the parks. You'll get noticed, but the attention is good, and CMs will do extra special things.

I would also start picking out restraunts you want ot eat at and making your ADRs. When you make your ADRs mention that you're on your honeymoon.
    **WDW: December 8th-19th 2007~Celebrating our 4yr Anniversey~Pop Century Resort**

WDW: November 9-15th 2003 **HoneyMoon***
    ~All-Star Music Resort ~Broadway~

Disneyland Resort September 5th-9th
    (Please note I've been to DLR countless times. Just posting recent trips.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: