Quantcast Disney withdrawl, bad!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney withdrawl, bad!!

Alright, I need help! I am going through Disney withdrawl right now. How do you cut the craving of Disney until your next trip? There is only so many pics I can re-look at, only so many websites I can visit, and only so many times I can watch ride video's on youtube. I still can't get enough. What do you do????
    Hold on to your hats, cuz this here's the wildest ride in the west!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't fight it. Indulge. If you can't find anyone to talk incessantly about WDW, we are here for you.

Look at pictures. Look at them again. Show them to someone. Show them to us. We want to see. We want to hear.

Why not start a creative project with your pictures, souveniers, or whatever. Make a scrapbook from your last trip. Make a scrap book of all of your trips!

Actually, I'm making a Powerpoint slideshow of my 2006 White Mountains vacation on my computer as we speak. As soon as I find time to do some scanning, believe me, all three WDW trips are next!

See it doesn't hurt to be obsessed.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I would say try renting some Disney flicks and watch one per day until its time for your trip. I am going thru the same withdrawal, since my trip is in August.

Post Thanks / Like

Default withdrawl

I am going through the same thing right now! I have one month from Sunday till we take off and I am beside myself, I feel myself thinking all the time about disney, what i am going to do and so on, i'm on the website's all the time trying to find out something new, I just can't get enough, this month is going to go slow!!!
    71-78 Fort Wilderness
    78-07 Various resorts
    Nov 08 Pop Century
    Oct 30-Nov 8-Pop Century(
    28-March6th Port Orleans reschudled trip!
    Oct. 23rd-Oct. 30th POP CENTURY
    May 4-11 2014 Pop Century
    1 in 50 Children will be diagnosed with Autism and I am proud to say one of them is mine!

Post Thanks / Like

I also am going through a major withdrawl. Our last trip was right before I found out that I had pancreatic cancer. I have since been through a pretty major surgery to try to get it all out (along with my pancreas and a few other organs), but with that comes extensive hospital bills and as such, no Disney trips for a LONG time.

I find that reading the trip reports here on Intercot and just helping others to make their trips special helps a bit. However, it also makes me want to go even more. I am SOOO bummed that I won't be able to go to the Intercot Anniversary Meets. I am hoping, however, to be able to get back down to Disneyland if even for just a day.
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean!!! Only one month ago today we were at WDW, and now I am having those same feelings. Well, to help solve this, I bought AP's and planned our next trip.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

This website is my Disney fix. We went last September and will probably go again in September so I have a ways to go. In the meantime I'll read everyone's trip reports and dream.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

When I need a "Mickey Fix" I go to LIVE365 internet radio and go to "Mouse House Radio" sounds from the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm the total opposite. When I'm craving Disney, I have to stay away from all things Disney. I don't visit websites, I don't look at pictures and I don't listen to music. It's like that itch you can't quite reach but you keep scratching anyway. Maybe it's just me, but that's how I cope. Not suggesting you do this, but it sure works for me.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Last weekend, I watched Cinderella. This weekend I am planning to scan in all of my negatives that I had from old Disney trips (pre-digital camera) & convert them to digital photos. It is a huge undertaking, but worth it, I think. I will eventually get a scrapbook started. Did I mention my trip is not for another 251 days?!?!?! I hope this will be enough to keep me busy! I think Intercot is the best for a Disney fix, though. I love helping other people with their questions about WDW.
    April

Remy: You gotta taste this! This is... oh, it's got this kind of... mmm, it's burny, it's melty... it's not really a smoky taste. It's kind of like a certain... Pshah! It's got like this " Ba-boom! Zap!" kind of taste. Dont you think? What would you call that flavor?
    Emile: Lightningy?

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I always go through major withdrawl evertime we get back. It never goes away anymore. I'm heading to Busch Gardens Williamsburg next weekend and that may help a little. With their new dark ride and 3-D shows it does remind me of WDW (only a little). The following weekend we head to Hershey Park. These won't solve the withdrawl, but it helps.

Also, for years we had season passes to Dorney Park (only 20 minutes from us), but that place just makes us miss WDW more. It offers no relief from withdrawl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vicster View Post
    This website is my Disney fix. In the meantime I'll read everyone's trip reports and dream.

Embarasingly, I have to admit I look at other websites too, but only after I come here first.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I think we've all been there, and that's why we're here.

Sometimes, I write out an extensive trip plan and mentally envision where I would be, what I would be doing. Just mentally go step by step through the vacation and write it down. I even set up pretend dates of when I would be there if I don't have a real trip to plan. Isn't that sad? Talk about obsessive!

But it does help. And then I have the plans ready to roll if something happens that necessitates a fast, unplanned visit, like I win a trip or something. It happened to me in 2001!I had to be ready in two weeks. It can happen. And yes, I had the plans all ready to go.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HndrdPrcnt View Post
    I also am going through a major withdrawl. Our last trip was right before I found out that I had pancreatic cancer. I have since been through a pretty major surgery to try to get it all out (along with my pancreas and a few other organs), but with that comes extensive hospital bills and as such, no Disney trips for a LONG time.

I find that reading the trip reports here on Intercot and just helping others to make their trips special helps a bit. However, it also makes me want to go even more. I am SOOO bummed that I won't be able to go to the Intercot Anniversary Meets. I am hoping, however, to be able to get back down to Disneyland if even for just a day.
    I agree that INTERCOT really helps. I read posts not only to get my fix, but to try and look for some way to help other people's trips by posting something that might help them.

Fight through the doldrums, and remember the immortal words of Douglas McArthur, "I shall return to Disney World!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Obsessive planning gets me thru from trip to trip. I design a new excel spreadsheet, I look at parade times, EMH, dining ideas, new rides..whatever. If I can't be at the mouse, I at least get to plan about it!
    I also have my last vacation photo cd on my computer monitor to torment my co-workers.

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I too am going through withdrawals. We didn't get to go last year for financial reasons and we cant go this year b/c DH got a new job and doesn't get a vacation this year (we are settleing with weekends here and there to Silver Dollar City in Branson MO). We won't be able to go until summer '08. I am so frustrated I could scream. DH says I make it worse for him and the kids by complaining about it and making comments like "the weather is sunny and in the 70's in Orlando" and, after seeing commercials, "I guess we will miss the year of a million dreams". I try to get by with Intercot, Live 365, youtube, and anything else i can find, but darn it, I want to go to WDW!
    2007/2008-Pop Century
    2005-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004-Port Orleans Riverside
    2003-Port Orleans Riverside
    2002-Contemporary Resort
    2001-All-Stars Movies
    2000-All-Stars Music
    1998-All-Stars Sports
    1997-Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, don't forget that you can enter the Disney Year of a Million Dreams prize giveaway via mail-in postcard!

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going thru it too! Our last trip was Aug. 06 right before school started. We just bought a house so we won't get to go until 2008. I'm driving my dh crazy - it's all I talk about. I check in here daily - read lots & lots of trip reports. I'm working on my Disney scrapbook from my last trip and I (when I get a chance - trying to get settled from the move) watch the vacation videos. When anybody mentions going I tell them I'll help plan their trip if they need me to. But in the end I just take it one day at a time and keep a list of must do's & what ADR's I'm gonna have to make when I do book that trip at the end of 2007!!!
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I have amassed a large WDW and Disney Home Video Collection. I have everything from the official videos sold at the parks, home movies attractions, sitcoms at WDW, TV specials from the Travel Channel and other sources, Vacation Planning Videos. So one way is to just pop in a DVD. I also listen to some WDW podcats that feature audio from the parks. Of course there is Intercot.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnya View Post
    I too am going through withdrawals. We didn't get to go last year for financial reasons and we cant go this year b/c DH got a new job and doesn't get a vacation this year (we are settleing with weekends here and there to Silver Dollar City in Branson MO). We won't be able to go until summer '08. I am so frustrated I could scream. DH says I make it worse for him and the kids by complaining about it and making comments like "the weather is sunny and in the 70's in Orlando" and, after seeing commercials, "I guess we will miss the year of a million dreams". I try to get by with Intercot, Live 365, youtube, and anything else i can find, but darn it, I want to go to WDW!
    Thank you for tipping me off to youtube, I just watched the most fun WDW home video there. I'm going back to look for more!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: