Quantcast Room only booking question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Room only booking question

Hi, can someone please tell me if I were to book a room only right now for Feb of 2008 with Disney directly, will I be able to add the Magic Your Way with DDP when the package rates become available? Also, does anyone know if AAA is able to book a room only at this time and then be able to add that MYW with DDP when their rates become available?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure but you might have to rebook to go from room only to a package. In either case, you should be able to book your package when package rates are announced. Room only reservations can be canceled up to 5 days before arrival without penalty.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The room only rates (and discounts for AAA, Annual Passholders, and FL residents) are separate from the Magic Your Way packages. In fact, they are booked through "separate" entities within the Disney Company, so if you book a room only and want to upgrade to a package, you will get a refund on your room deposit/payment and then make an entirely new reservation. Kinda silly if you ask me...

Also, I don't think that you can opt for a AAA, APH or FL Resident discount with the MYW packages. I think it's one or the other. Can someone clarify that?

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Haha. I'm confused too!

I'm still debating between staying at Shades of Green or a true Disney hotel for the Intercot party.

If I book a Disney hotel for that weekend, I can still change my mind up through the end of September and cancel and still get all my money back??

Also, if I book online at disney.com, how much would I have to pay now, and when would I have to pay the rest? Additionally, if I use my Disney Visa, will it somehow just know that the reservation would fall under the 6 month no-interest thing?

*sighs* I hope this is making sense!
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    If I book a Disney hotel for that weekend, I can still change my mind up through the end of September and cancel and still get all my money back??

Also, if I book online at disney.com, how much would I have to pay now, and when would I have to pay the rest? Additionally, if I use my Disney Visa, will it somehow just know that the reservation would fall under the 6 month no-interest thing?
    You can cancel a room-only reservation up until 6 days prior to your arrival without penalty (1 night's rate). You can cancel a MYW package 7 days prior to your arrival date without penalties (after that it's a $100 fee).

If you book a MYW package online at DW.com, it's a $200 deposit with the remaining balance due on/before 45 days prior to your arrival date. If you book a room only reservation at DW.com then it is a deposit equal to one-night's rate with the remaining balance due upon check-in.

If you are using your Disney Visa to purchase your vacation (or a portion of your vacation), you should call them to confirm the details.

Hope that helps...
    Last edited by Mickey's Pal; 03-22-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

The Disney Visa 6-month no interest offer only applies to booking WDW vacation packages - room only reservations do not qualify.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey's Pal View Post
    You can cancel a room-only reservation up until 6 days prior to your arrival without penalty (1 night's rate). You can cancel a MYW package 7 days prior to your arrival date without penalties (after that it's a $100 fee).
    Actually, I believe you have a penalty when you cancel packages anytime after you hit the 45 day mark.

See this prior discussion.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: