Quantcast If you Just bought WDW.....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If you Just bought WDW.....

I know this isnt realistic, but lets pretend it can actually happen
    Ok so if you just bought WDW what would you change about it?
    hmmmmmm I would have to say the only thing I would change is the price. Disney isnt really all that expensive but I would make it a tiny bit more affordable so everyone would have a chance to experience it
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would get rid of the Stitch ride, and all those blinding, blinky, twirly light toys that they sell everywhere as soon as the sun goes down.
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Easy. Monorail. Everywhere.

To me, when you see the monorail zoom by, that means WDW.

I would, at a minimum, have all Parks & Deluxe Resorts directly on the line. Simply for expediance of the monorail line itself, I would have a stop "nearby" the Mod and Value Resorts, but not actually at the resorts.
    1970-1990 Disneyland - 4 Day Trips
    1980-2001 WDW - 6 Day Trips
    2007 Polynesian (First Resort Stay!)
    2008 Polynesian - planning

GO HOKIES!

All my thoughts and prayers...
    Rest in Peace fellow Hokies
    04-16-2007

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

bring back horizons!
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pshokie View Post
    Easy. Monorail. Everywhere.

To me, when you see the monorail zoom by, that means WDW.

I would, at a minimum, have all Parks & Deluxe Resorts directly on the line. Simply for expediance of the monorail line itself, I would have a stop "nearby" the Mod and Value Resorts, but not actually at the resorts.
    Exactly what I was thinking except it would be all resorts and replace the bus system. Monorail, train, something similar to the TTA. I just get very frustrated with the buses.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this is a really fun idea!
    I think my first matter of buisness would be to bring back dream flight (I realize that this is totally selfish since I'm probably the only one that wants it this way, but hey I bought disney, let me live a little!) I'd keep Buz Lightyear too, but I dearly miss dreamflight.
    Next I think I'd restore imagination to it's original glory.
    I'd double the pay of every park employee (not the suits just the park workers, I have no idea how much they make, but I have a feeling it's not enough especially consittering the magic they put in everyone's day!)
    I'd insist that imaginears immediately begin blueprints for the "fifth Villian Themepark" everyone dreams about.
    I'd extend the monorail all the way to Orlando International Airport and of course to all the parks, resorts, DTD, and everything else.
    Ooo, I'd add Ireland, Egypt and probably a few more to the world showcase.
    And I'd have themed hotels for each WS country. And I'd have a value Princesss themed resort that doesn't seem "value". I'd open a delux Hollywood Tower Hotel with all the glory of old Hollywood next to MGM.
    AND, I'm sure I'd be bankrupt by this point, but that wouldn't stop me from throwing a KILLER anniversary party for Epcot!
    That was fun!

Spartanburg, South Carolina - 8 Hours away from WDW!
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I would extend the monorail. That was a great idea.
    2. I would create the ability for all photo pass photos to be viewable on your in room TV, with the ability to choose which ones you want, email them, etc.
    3. I would expand DtD past the West Side and create more TS opportunities with some theme park restaurants there so you do not have to go to that particular park to enjoy the TS.
    4. I would strike a deal with DirecTV, DISH, Comcast, etc., to carry the WDW Resorts channels so we Intercotees can watch them anytime we wanted to.
    5. I would strike a deal with Sirrius satellite for channel to play nothing but WDW audio.

Just a few ideas....
    30 Visits from 1986 thru 2007
    Resorts -
    All Star Music
    All Star Movies
    All Star Sports
    Caribbean Beach Club
    Port Orleans Riverside
    Boardwalk Inn
    Wilderness Lodge
    DtD Grosvenor
    DtD Courtyard(now the Holiday Inn)
    DtD Doubletree
    DtD Hilton
    Marriot World Center

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what I would change, but if I owned WDW, I would ride my favorite rides after closing time.

Post Thanks / Like

The TTA is great. I would have one of those connecting everywhere, so you don't ever have to wait for anything... hmmm... maybe you would have to wait because there would be a line of people waiting to get on... let me think about that one some more.

I love the idea of having an actual Hollywood Tower Hotel next to MGM with the 30s glamour and all that jazz. I would love to see that and stay there.

If nothing else, I would like there to be busses between DTD and the themeparks and from the TTC to EVERYWHERE. That's what the place is there for! I don't think the monorail is that great anymore so I don't know if I would do anything with it.... Maybe if I spruced it up, you know, got them all clean and sparkly, and added more so there weren't always lines from MK. That'd be cool.

I would make sure that the CMs were always nice and I would kick anybody out of the park who used foul language or smoked where they weren't supposed to. I would change Main Street USA back to how it used to be, with seperate amazing stores, and the Penny Arcade. Each land, park, hotel, etc. would have lots of specific merchandise you could only find at that place. I used to love all the goods in Frontierland, but alas, therein lies pin stores and more of the same.

So much to do, when do I start???
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing I'm loaded if I just bought WDW. I wouldn't change a thing but I would invite all of you, my Intercot friends, to come vist and stay for free Hey, we're pretending right?

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what I'd change, but I'd probably never leave!

Actually, I'd change Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous to something far more entertaining, like, I don't know, maybe paint drying! Yes, that's it, I'll have a guy go in and paint the room every day, and we'll all watch it dry. Boring, yes, but an improvement for sure!

Seriously though, I'd probably add Australia and The Americas to AK, put some thought into the Imagination Pavilion, and revive the Hollywood feel with some cool attractions at MGM.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great thread. I know I'll be thinking about it for days. I agree about making Main Street a little more unique and less "mall-like." And if there must be SO many shops in the parks and rides make them more unique and special. Actually since I own it, I would take away the ride stores that you are forced to drag your kids through after the ride trying not to buy something. I would overhaul MGM to make it more charming and fun to walk through and add rides suitable for kids and non-thrill seekers. I would go back to all cm employed by Disney and expand training. And I would just have a ball playing in the parks!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm in heaven

This would be the MOST awesome thing, Me, owning WDW......

Monorail goes everywhere.......

I'm so addicted to the ToT movie and ride that the idea of an actual hotel. Helloooooo, yeah. However, I would live in the penthouse suite......

More exciting rides at AK.....
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The big things I can think of have been hit upon. The monorail to MCO would great! I think it would have more appeal than the current Magical Express.

Also, a ToT hotel....how cool would that be? Is it pathetic that I am 32 and still like the little ToT movie from Disney Channel?
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

mmmm....so much to do with my new Kingdom...

For starters:
    Beastly Kingdom land at AK would finally become reality.

Pooh's Playful Spot would get replaced.

Stitch Encounter would get replaced.

Sounds Dangerous & ABC Soundstage would give way to a new attraction.

2 new countries would be added to Epcot.

Upstairs of Imagination pavilion would be re-opened.

Wonders of Life pavilion would be re-opened with new attractions.

That's just my 1st year in business...
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of extending the Monorail to all resorts and the airport.

I would rip up all the asphalt/cement walkways and put in that squishy padded stuff. Then add moving sidewalks along all the main drags of the parks. We have been home 3 months and my feet still hurt

I would get rid of the ADR system and go back to same day ressies with the exception of CRT.

I would put slides in all the pools regardless of level of resort.

Fast Pass Machines would be located throuhgout the parks so you don't have to hike clear to the ride then elsewhere for a couple of hours until it is good.
    MamaCatNV
    Married 19 yrs Mom to:
    DS 17 & DD 8

POFQ-1/1-1/9/07- No More NYE for Awhile
    ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 - NYE
    ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 - NYE/Turn of the Century
    DL lived near too many visits to count

Post Thanks / Like

Kids 12 and under stay at any Disney resort hotel and get into the parks for free. Might be hard to prove some kids ages though.

Have the monrail at least go to all of the parks making it easier to park hop. Not like it's really that hard now. Maybe incorparate some kind of lightrail system (works great here in the twin cities) would be cheaper than the monorail, wouldn't be to hard to make it go to orlando airport kind of goes along with Walt's love for trains.

Like the post above me says, maybe get fastpasses for any ride at any ride. Make all the fast pass machines have touch screens where it would give a list of fastpass rides and the current return times then you just push the button of the ride you would like a fastfass for but keep the limit to one fastpass like they do now.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

To the Parks, I would:
    - Replace Ellen & Energy with an "Explorations Pavillion & Ride" that takes you on a ride through the great discoveries & hardships of the explorers (culminating in space exploration).
    - I would restore Imagination to the old version

In General, I would:
    - Start a program called "Youth Disney Helper Camps" & let kids come to camp at Disney where they would be allowed to work at Parks for a week.
    - Only allow motorized wheel chairs for truly needy/disabled persons. (I know it would be difficult/impossible, but it's all hypothetical anyway.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Under New Ownership

1. Find a new location for the TTC, extending monorial service to all of the parks and deluxe resorts at least, including transfer to a high speed bullet train to MCO.

2. I agree with the idea to turn Main Street back into what it was intended, AT LEAST bring back the old time theatre with showings of Steamboat Willie etc.

3. As much as I love Epcot, sometimes I just want to say, tear it down and build what Walt had intended, E.P.C.O.T.

4. As much as I love MGM, give it the attention to detail it deserves...or tear it down.

Don't get me wrong though, I can live with Walt Disney World just the way it is!

Post Thanks / Like

there have been some good ideas here! my top ones would be...

1. expand the WS. I'm thinking Brazil and Russia.

2. Expand the monorails or or at least double up the buses so the wait times/crowd factor is reduced.

3. Completely revamp MGM/DS to make it an "all day" park like MK and Epcot. It could use some attention!
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)