Quantcast Thanksgiving activities

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanksgiving activities

I was browsing around and learned most resorts and the parks have some sort of Easter activities! Is it like that at Thanksgiving time as well? We will be down there for our very first Thanksgiving at the world, and I'm trying hard to learn what to expect so we can be ready. Thanks!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall hearing of any Thanksgiving specific activities although there may be some. Hopefully someone that's been at that time will be along soon with information...
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to think if we saw anything while we were down there. We didn't. Things are pretty much in full Christmas swing by the time you get to Thanksgiving, so it's like Thanksgiving sort of gets overlooked.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Many restaurants will feature traditional Thanksgiving fare on the holiday. That's about the only thing I can think of.

One year, I went to Disney over Thanksgiving and not a holiday decoration was in sight for the entire weekend. Now, you'll be listening to holiday music the whole time you are there and most of the holiday activities will be going!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We visited over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2004 and there wasn’t anything special for Thanksgiving, however all of the Christmas decorations were up, I guess to prepare for one holiday they had to by-pass another.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there as well over Thanksgiving '04.We arrived the friday before and stayed till black friday.All the x-mas stuff was up in the parks and the weekend before thanksgiving was busy.We spent thanksgiving day over at Sea World and i have never seen that park that empty before.I couldnt believe it. We had thanksgiving dinner at Chef Mickeys and there was 12 of us.We had dinner after 8pm and that was a good time plus we had a lot of time with the characters.They had turkey and other dishes that u would have at thanksgiving dinner plus other things on the buffet.It was different and if i could talk my husband into doing it then i would do it again.
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default we'll be there too!

We are also going to WDW (Poly!) Thanksgiving week! It will be our first-ever Thanksgiving away from home! I'm excited but a little apprehensive, since I've seen mixed reviews about crowds, etc.

The only Thanksgiving-related thing we'll be doing is having dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern -- that is, if I'm successful at getting ADRs!

Otherwise, we're looking forward to seeing the Christmas decorations....
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We are planning our 3rd Thanksgiving at Disney this year. There really isn't any activities for the holiday, we always eat at Liberty Tree - delicious !!! The Christmas decorations are beautiful, and we got to see Osborne Lights last time we went.
    Shelley
    Do you believe in Magic?

Jan. 2001 - AS Music
    Nov. 2003 - AS Movies
    May 2004 - AS Movies
    Nov. 2005 - Pop Century
    Nov. 2007 - Pop Century
    Nov. 2010 - AS Sports
    Nov. 2013 - Caribbean Beach
    Jan. 2016 - Pop Century
    Nov. 2017 - AS Music/AK Lodge - Brand new DVC Members!

Post Thanks / Like

Mousetrapper! Cool! I will see you both at the Poly and at LTT, that is if I'm successful at getting ADR's too! I hope its not too nutty, maybe eating at one of the resorts would be better???
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: