Quantcast Input on Swan/Dolphin Please!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Input on Swan/Dolphin Please!!

I just saw that the Swan/Dolphin offers a nurse discount. Considering that, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how these properties are??? Are they along the line of a deluxe or moderate resort, and how are the amenetities/pool???
    THANKS!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoy our stays at the Swan. The rooms are very nice. The Heavenly Beds are to die for. I am a teacher so we get some great rates. The Swan and Dolphin have similar amenities to the Deluxe resorts. They are not owned or ran by Disney, but are on Disney property. You can walk to MGM in 10 minutes, or walk to EPCOT in less then 10 minutes. There are also boats that go to MGM or EPCOT if you would rather. These resorts also use Disney buses to get around to the other parks, water parks and DTD. I am not fussy about the pool- but that's ok.
    For a great rate we have had rooms that face both MGM and EPCOT.

To See our Room
    "Tomorrow's child... seeing that knowledge keeps growing"
    Over 20 WDW trips and counting.
    Resorts stayed at: The Disney Inn, Swan, POR, CS, YC, CB, Contemp., Poly, GF, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

The Swan & Dolphin are pretty popular on these boards as they have a great location and offer discounts.

I'm not a huge fan of the resorts - I've stayed at both of them a couple of times. My most recent stay was in February. Read here about that trip. (Sorry if it's not so positive!)

There was also a discussion recently about refrigerators in the rooms - here.

They offer some great things for a cheaper price. It's just not my cup of tea!

Good luck and I hope that you have a great experience!

Post Thanks / Like

i like them for location, Kimonos. few yrs ago got a great corner room w 2 balconies and heavenly bed
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

They are a good value for a Deluxe Resort.
    Spacious rooms, heavenly beds, all the amenities of a Disney Deluxe but no Hidden Mickeys.
    We just returned from a stay at the Dolphin, $280/night (inclusive of everything, except valet parking). Believe me, I tried to get a Disney Epcot resort for that price and I couldn't. It was a last minute reservation and Disney just doesn't do that anymore for pass holders.
    At check-in we were greeted by a smiling senorita who was very chatty and pleasant. We were given an upgrade ( a room with a balcony) and a voucher for a free breakfast at Fresh Mediterranean Market. One must be pleasant to expect pleasantries back (on their part and your part - it shouldn't be one-sided.)
    Good restaurants, Fast food service, shops, great location.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed back in 2003 and loved it.

We will probably stay again, since the teacher rate is about the same as a mod. The location is the greatest. My dad fell in love w/ the location when we stayed at BWI. He likes to get up early and explore, so staying here lets him walk to BW and the Clubs.

Its not Disney, but its nice on the pocketbook and offers almost everything Disney does.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: