Quantcast Pirates of the Carribean Online Game is Opening

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pirates of the Carribean Online Game is Opening

Just go this email from Disney Online about the game. I got my key for the game. This is what the letter says (minus the key of course!).

The Pirates of the Caribbean Online Beta test has officially begun! Claim your Beta test account within the next 7 days and start playing the latest game build immediately!

Please keep in mind that the game is not yet finalized. You may see unfinished graphics and hear unfinished audio, and also may experience crashes, dropped connections, or other issues that will affect your gaming experience. As we continue to improve and refine the game, we need your opinions and feedback to help identify issues within the game and prepare it for public launch! During the Beta test, we encourage you to submit feedback on the game and report any technical bugs you may encounter.

To begin playing, please use the Beta Account Key and instructions listed below.

To set up your account, please complete the following steps:

Click here to visit the Pirates of the Caribbean Online Beta web site
    Enter the Beta Account Key listed below:

Beta Account Key: (your key they sent you)

Login using your existing account name or create a new account.

Please note: The Pirates of the Caribbean Online Beta test requires all testers to enter a valid credit card as proof that they are over 18 years of age or have parental consent to participate in the Beta. Your credit card will not be charged.
    Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process and download the game launcher.
    Once the download is complete, double-click on the Pirates Online icon to finish the installation and log in to play.
    Congratulations - You are now ready to play Pirates of the Caribbean Online BETA!
    The Beta test is officially open:
    - Thursday and Friday: 5 pm to 5 am (PT)
    - Saturday and Sunday: 9 am to 9 pm (PT)

During the Beta, we will also coordinate Stress Tests--where we will encourage all players to log in during a specified time to test the stability and capacity of the game. You can find out about these scheduled tests and get the latest release notes, server status, and gameplay tips on the Pirates Online Beta web site.

Please Note: Prior to creating a Beta account, we strongly recommend that you verify your computer meets the minimum requirements for the Beta test as listed below:
    PC running Windows XP
    2 GHz or faster processor
    1 GB RAM
    128 MB video card
    Thank you for participating in the Pirates of the Caribbean Online Beta test - we'll see you in the game!

Sincerely,

The Crew @ Pirates of the Caribbean Online

For more information about Pirates of the Caribbean Online, visit:
    PiratesOnline.com

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally they are open, and it actually did when I said it would (I said wednesday but close enough). I just hope that the 18+ rule doesn't affect me getting a key that they promissed me I would be getting.....
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few questions as I have not been following the Pirate game in a long time. My questions:

1. Even if you did not sign up a while back, can you sign up now and STILL do the beta test?
    2. Do you need to pay for the game?
    3. To do the beta test, do you need to be one of those tester peoples?
    4. Can you still become a tester?
    5. Do you NEED to be 18+ years of age to play, even if your not doing the beta testing? ( just wondering )

Okay well, now that I gave all of my questions, hopefully someone can help me out here. Also, I don't really care for the credit card thingy, even if its to verify something. I don't like putting a credit card number online.
    VMK Name: DidneyWDWkm (AKA Did) then it changed to Didney_km
    Next Trip to Disney: December! Hopefuly its not as cold as last time...

Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

1) I doubt it. Way back during E3 in 2006, they gave some people invitations with special instructions on how to become a tester.

2) There are two versions. A free version with ads and restrictions on what you can do, and a full version with everything and no ads.

3) To do the beta test, you need to recieve a beta key by e-mail. I still have not gotten anything with a key and it seems like cat is the only one so far that is on here.

4) Don't think so. You could possibly register the old way and maybe at the last minute they might want more testers and use the lists of people who registered the normal way. Who knows for sure???

5) Nope, but I have a feeling that they might want a credit card to make sure that someone over 18 knows that you are playing (even on the free version).
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Arg keep a weather for me there be rough waters ahead
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

ARGH! I feel so frustrated and depressed right now. Why didn't I sign up in May? ROAR!

Ah well.. Nothing I can do right now. Might as well check out the site. I thought Cat said that Fan can do beta testing? It sounds so much fun! I doubt if I can convince my parents to enter the credit card, though. Sigh..
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

I am supposed to after sending in the E3 request and even got something on Friday. Have half a mind to e-mail them tonight but going to tough it out until the morning to e-mail them. Too much time off from school these next few days to be sitting at home and doing nothing.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading a FAQ after you get a key. Here is something that struck my eyes:

Can I post screenshots or information about the game?

No. Publishing any information to the Internet or to any other location or any other medium will result in your expulsion from the Beta program, and may result in other corporate disciplinary action.
    So DO NOT post any screenshots here or anywhere. Don't take the risk!
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?
    Post Thanks / Like

snap. i did not get a key or anything. arg, i was looking foreward to it. >_< i hate selected peoples getting the message.

AND i need to reserve my title. arg
    CL_MsBehave

Cause She Rocks Like That

Post Thanks / Like

Got my key last night. I wouldn't worry if you didn't get a key right now anyway. The game is more buggy then VMK ever was (if that's possible), and can hardly even be run on a computer. Laggy and sound skiping everywhere. Got to create my character and do a couple things before I just quit and will try later on today.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    Got my key last night. I wouldn't worry if you didn't get a key right now anyway. The game is more buggy then VMK ever was (if that's possible), and can hardly even be run on a computer. Laggy and sound skiping everywhere. Got to create my character and do a couple things before I just quit and will try later on today.
    What we found out last night was you definitely have to have 1GB RAM or forget playing. Nachocat was taking forever to load a room.

We were crashing about every ten minutes. And when you started over you wound up in a different place each time. That's what Beta is all about.

Post Thanks / Like

All of a sudden, as Doll lies in her bed feeling very disturbed because Daylights Saving Time messed up her sleep schedule.. she thinks about being a pirates and yoho-ing with her Inside Out crew. She then drifts to sleep and dreams about Jack Sparrow and the Kraken...
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

For the few who have played, can you explain me this. Why on the game website say that these are the minimum requirements when it seems like they aren't?

Windows 2000/XP
    Pentium 3 800Mhz processor (P4 1Ghz rec.)
    256 MB RAM (512 recommended)
    400 MB disk space available
    32MB graphics card (64 MB recommended)
    DirectX 9 or better
    Broadband internet connection
    Is it because the game is in beta that the game is freezing alot or what? I have 512 MB and can't go two seconds without freezing.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Fan, see my first post in this thread, it shows we needed 1GB and XP. Could that be, because we are running with debug on. We also have that instant bug report that shows up all the time with the logs. With those logs running all the time and the location marker, maybe we need more RAM and faster machines.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chescat View Post
    Please keep in mind that the game is not yet finalized. You may see unfinished graphics and hear unfinished audio, and also may experience crashes, dropped connections, or other issues that will affect your gaming experience. As we continue to improve and refine the game, we need your opinions and feedback to help identify issues within the game and prepare it for public launch! During the Beta test, we encourage you to submit feedback on the game and report any technical bugs you may encounter.
    Well this proves that they're not finished yet and probably explains a bit of why it's a little slow. At least it mentions in the last sentence that you're free to complain and grouch about it
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

I have definately used that button so far. Over 5 times in two days I have sent in bugs to them. Very weird problems too but I guess that's why they call it beta. Oh well, at least we get to see the game early and be part of it to the beginning.

3,000 Posts
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Yay for fans 3000!

boo for fan's gator signature!!!

boo for no beta varcity yet!!!
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Fan! Congrats on the 3000.

Post Thanks / Like

BIG WOOT FOR 3000 FAN!

In honor of this, I will now do 3000 WOOTS!

WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!...

( I can see you get the picture )
    VMK Name: DidneyWDWkm (AKA Did) then it changed to Didney_km
    Next Trip to Disney: December! Hopefuly its not as cold as last time...

Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Woot for Fan! Great 3 posts!
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: