Quantcast How have you added to the Magic?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How have you added to the Magic?

We often talk about special CMs who have gone out of their way to make your trip more magical. As a guest how have you added some to Magic to someone's elses vacation?

A few ways I have helped others are offering to take pictures if I see a group with one person left out of the picture. I have given away Fast passes I wasn't going to use to people about to enter a line. I have given a few of my trader pins away so kids could trade with CMs. Let's hear some of your stories
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My favorite

My favorite turned out to be a gift to my family too. A little girl my DD's age was behind a very tall person for the parade. I offered her a seat next to me and my DD sat on my lap. They turned out to be fast friends and spent lots of "line time" together that vacation. I got to know her Mom and we keep in touch to this day!
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

I know this seems small, but I've shared baby wipes while seeing mothers with children with sticky hands. Also, we once were standing in line for a character greeting and my DD (2 at the time) was eating some fruit snacks when the child in front of us starting whining about wanting some too. We gave her an extra pack of ours.

This is a great topic! Random Acts of Kindness..Keep them coming!
    Jen
    S-O-UTH F-L-O-R-IDA! South Florida, South Florida, GO BULLS!!!

August 2008: Port Orleans Riverside
    July 2007: Polynesian
    Feb. 2006: Pop Century
    Before that many day trips and too many to list!!! I've been going since I was 3!

Post Thanks / Like

I have offered to take pictures for people so they can have the whole family in the picture.... I have also helped people who didn't know where they were going while in the parks.. Then, when they asked for my opinion about certain rides and shows, I told them....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Like, JPL, I like to offer to take pictures, especially at holiday time, in case a family wants to use one as thier holiday photo, and this past December, I gave away our two FP's for EE to a man we were chatting with in the bar at AK. He was on his quest to ride it 1000 times, and he was so pleased that we were able to help him out.
    Also this past Dec, we were on our way back after a night at DD when I tried miserably to win my GF a stuffed animal at the basketball toss. The CM working the booth felt sorry for me, and basically let me shoot until we got one. (It was a slow cold night!). On the bus back to the hotel there was a dad and his son, about 5 years old. It was after midnight, he must have been exhausted, but he was being so friendly, asking us where we were from, etc, and if we liked frogs, because he did. (We had won a stuffed frog). Well of course we wanted to give him the frog, and he was so thrilled. The first thing he did was ask his dad if we could visit him at his house ( a mere three states away) so that he could give us something of his. It was so sweet, and the memory of that child was worth more than any stuffed toy we won.
    July 1976-Off Site
    March 1993-Off-Site
    Oct. 1994-Port Orleans
    Feb. 1997-Port Orleans
    Dec. 1998-Dixie Landings-Cruise-Dixie Landings
    Nov. 2001-Caribbean Beach
    Nov. 2004-POR-CRUISE-POR
    Sept 2005 DL Paradise Pier
    Dec. 2006 POP
    Dec. 2007 CR
    Nov. 2008- POR
    Oct. 2010 BWV
    Nov. 2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I have taken pictures of newly weds on there
    honeymoon.
    and a group of people on mainstreet.
    So they can be in the photos.
    Looking Forward to the Future...
    Nah its not easy, No one said it would be,But look behind ya, yeah im still here ;-)

aka/Piratesrider

Post Thanks / Like

We often have extra FPs because some of my kids are too small to ride some of the thrill rides. I always get them FPs anyway, in hopes that my wife might ride twice. Most of the time, she doesn't and I give away the FPs. People feel like they've won the lottery when the line is 1 hr. long and you give them a FP with the window open.
    Wilderness Campgrounds ('77)
    Villas ('88)
    Off Site ('91)
    AK Lodge ('04)
    AS Sports ('05)
    AS Music (April '06)
    Pop (Sept. '06)
    OKW (Feb. '08)
    BCV/SSR (June '08)
    SSR (Nov. '08)
    AKV (Kidani Village)/BWV (June '09)

Post Thanks / Like

This is a wonderful post. It makes me want to do lots of things to add to the magic on my upcoming trip! I don't think I did anything very special (except beam with happiness at everyone I saw) last time. It was fun giving away extra fast passes though! I think beginning my trip with the goal to BE part of the magic, for other guests and also the cast member can only increase the magic for my family too. In fact, maybe I'll start today!
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I love this thread!

Like several other people, I have taken pictures of lots of people. My family finds it very funny because random people tend to ask me. It happened so many times on out last trip that my DH took a picture of me taking pictures of other people!

My DH and I always make it a point to give up our seats on the bus (well, whichever one of us is not holding our son). We feel there are a lot people who need the seat more than us.
    Beth

Past Trips: 83 86 88 89 95 97 00 03 04 06 08 (CBR, Dixie Landings/POR, Coronado, Contemporary)
    Next Trip: Feb 27th to March 7th 2010!

Post Thanks / Like

I like to give away pins to kids wearing lanyards. Fellow pin traders were so generous to me when I started pin trading that I feel the need to pass it on.

I also try to stock up on mini-bubbles, stickers, and light sticks to pass on to other kids in the parks.

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

As so many others have already mentioned, I, too, offer to take a group picture when I see someone taking a picture of his/her family.

I must give the impression that I know where everything is located, because people are always asking me for directions. One really funny experience happened a number of years ago. I was wearing a tee shirt from our 4th of July celebration in Philadelphia, which read "Welcome America - Event Staff". I happened to be standing by the American Adventure, several guests saw my shirt, thought I was a CM, and proceeded to ask me many questions. That experience was the beginning of many. I've met some great people and had some great times, especially during my solo trips.
    Sylvia ºOº

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said, the group pictures we do alot. Also, we sometimes have to leave the parks for other things so we will just randomly give our fastpasses away.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I had an experience where someone made my day. We just walked into Epcot and a man gave us his fast passes for Soarin' ! Great way to start our first day
    01-93 off sight
    03-04 POP
    08-04 POP
    03-05 POP
    11-05 POP
    06-06 POR
    05-07 CSR
    01-08 POP
    07-08 POR
    03-09 ASMU
    08-09 POP
    08-10 POP
    02-11 POP

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I both like to offer to take pictures for groups when we see someone being left out of the picture. We're especially conscious of couples taking pictures where one person can't be in the picture because we were so greatful on our honeymoon to everyone who stopped to take pictures of us together.

When I see parents who are worn out and at their last nerve with kids who are equally worn out, with the parent's permission I try to distract the kids with something more fun/interesting to think about, giving both the parent and the children some time to calm down. I'm a school psychologist and I work with elementary aged children, so I'm used to working with kids who aren't necessarilly always in the best of moods.

When I was at Disneyland last year at the end of one long, cold, rainy day I was waiting for the shuttle to my hotel to pick me up with one of my friends. Also waiting were two mothers with three or four small children between them between the ages of maybe 1 and 6. On the bench next to them was an 8 year old girl, wrapped in a poncho with an umbrella, shivering and crying because she needed a bathroom break, and the moms didn't want to take the chance of missing the shuttle back to their hotel... you know the story. Mom was trying to keep the two kids with her dry and entertained while trying to calm her other child. My friend ended up sitting with the moms and talking with them to take their minds off the cold and rain and I sat with the 8 year old, making a game of using both our umbrellas to cover us from the wind and rain, talking about our favorite characters/rides/foods/etc. She calmed down, stopped crying and even laughed a few times, and my friend was able to get the moms laughing, too. It turned out to be one of the best memories for me of the whole trip, and I'm glad that I got to help them out with what otherwise would have been a rather unhappy last moment of their trip.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

I was in line to get a Fiesta and had a few pins on lanyard. talked for a sec w a woman who saw a pin i had on, think it was 1 w TInk and she said that was her fav character...so i gave it to her.
    and i married a CM one time...but im trying to forget about that
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

These posts are great! We've benefitted from the generosity of other guests when it comes to offering to take our photo. Now we try to look for opps to do the same. We've also had fun sharing fps we aren't able to use.

My personal favorite was when we were sitting on the boardwalk eating pizza from the take-out window at Spoodles in Jan 2006. We had several slices of our pizza left and there was a table of girls next to us, so we asked if any of them would like it. They politely declined when one who was very bubbly said, "We're cms from Brazil and we don't cook. I'd love to take it back to my room." We started talking and in appreciation for our small deed, she ended up offering to get us into the cm event for EE since she had no family to invite!! It was even more amazing because we were missing the AP event by only two days. It made our trip and was immediately one of our favorite attractions.
    Nov 1973 - OS
    Apr 1982 - OS
    Jan 2001 - ASM
    Dec 2001 - ASSp
    Jan 2002 - CBR
    Jan 2003 - CBR
    Dec 2003 - AKL
    Jan 2005 - CBR
    Jan 2006 - CBR/AKL
    Dec 2006 - CBR/OS/POFQ
    Oct 2007 - ASSp/CBR
    Jan 2009 - CBR/AKL
    Jan 2010 - POR/AKL
    Jan 2012 - CBR
    Jan 2013 - CBR
    Feb 2015 - GF
    Feb 2016 - GF

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

for some reason i am the guy everyone asks to take a picture for them and i really enjoy it any chance to pay it forward, i have had a guy walk up to me and my wife and give me fast passes and it was a very nice gift
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

I must have had CM written on my forehead when I was in the parks on my days off because people would come up to me when they were lost and would ask me where attractions were. I absolutely loved it! I felt like a little tour guide and would give them information like the best time to ride and where to sit and the best way to get there! I also recommended other rides that they might like.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

We'll give away any unused counter service or snack credits we have on our last day - if there's someone in line not on the dining plan they get a meal on us!

During our Sept trip we rented a car to go to that other Orlando park and decided to keep it an extra day. After having a late dinner at the Concourse Steakhouse, we came out to get our car from the valet and overheard a couple of guys with their very sleepy kids asking how they can get back to the WL. They had separated from their wives and ended up at the CR after a fireworks cruise and had no way to get back (the boats had stopped running) so we offered them a ride. They were so happy not to have to take the bus to DTD and then take another bus back to WL and we got to hear about their Wishes cruise!
    All it takes is faith and trust and a little pixie dust!
    Poly 72-78 LBV Fairway Villas 79-84
    Palace 85
    ? - 86-89 Off Site 93
    CS 99 LBV Hilton 02
    DVC Vero Beach 03
    POR 10/04 & 12/04
    ASMu 5/05
    DL Hotel 8/05
    CBR Sept/Oct 05 Poly 12/05
    POR/WL/AKL 9/06
    BC 12/06
    POR 10/07&DCL 11/07

Post Thanks / Like

We also give away unused FP's and take pictures for people. We always offer our seats on the bus to someone with a small child or elderly or preggers. I was so proud of my 2 daughters age 9 and 12 and my neice age 19 on our last trip. Our bus had stopped at another resort to pick up more people while we were on our way back to our resort. A young couple got on with 3 or four small children and the bus was full. Before I even had a chance to get up all of my girls jumped up and offered them their seats. I was very proud. The people thanked us all and told me that I was raising girls that were beautiful inside and out.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Share This Thread On Social Media: