Quantcast H and H's Feb Trip...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default H and H's Feb Trip...

DW and I have just returned from a great week at Disney. We stayed at FtW as always, and had our fingers crossed for good weather. We arrived on Saturday, 17 Feb and left on 24 Feb. While we did not see any dream squads, or get get tapped, it was a great trip.

Day 1- Got that giddy feeling as we pulled onto World Drive and passed under the welcome sign. Checked into Ft. Wilderness and set up our site on the 2000 loop. Walked over to the bike barn and got a cart for the week, which DW loved! The weather was nice, and we had a wonderful boat ride to MK, then on to the GF for dinner at Narcossees. DW had lobster for the first time. Watched Wishes from our table, then headed back to FtW.

Day 2- The weather turned cold and very windy We had to bundle up for the boatride to MK. As we passed the Cont, I saw something I found to be very funny. While the boat crews and pool lifeguards had on what looked to be Artic survival gear, the pool was full of people. I know the pools are heated, and those folks had to be from points well north, but I thought the contrast was funny. Went to MK, rode the new POTC among others, then lunch at Liberty Tree. After returning to our campsite for an afternoon break, we went back to MK rode more rides, saw parade and Wishes.

Day 3- Drove over to POFQ and checked it out. We were thinking of staying there next time, and really enjoyed walking through and eating breakfast there. On to Epcot and rode several things. DW's favorite was the new Nemo ride. Had lunch at Germany, then back to FW for a break. Evening saw us back at MK for dinner at Casey's and Wishes.

Day 4- Spent most of the day at D/MGM, and rode as much as we could. Weather much better, wore shorts from this day on. Spent rest of evening at FW looking at site decorations, dinner at Trail's End.

Day 5- Our day off from the parks! Slept in and had huge breakfast at Trail's End. Rode our cart all over FW, and walked the swamp trail. Spent the afternoon at DTD, where DW bought more than we could carry . For dinner we ate at Chef Mickey's. DW went nuts over getting her pic with all the characters Really enjoyed watching her have so much fun!

Day 6- Back to MK, DW rode Astro Orbiter for the fist time, and agreed to ride Teacups! Had lunch at Crystal Palace, and DW again went nuts over the characters. On our way out of MK, I got my first Disney haircut. After our break, was going to head over to AK, but decided not to after hearing how crazy crowded it was. It seemed to be that way all week, and even was maxed out one day. Went back to MK for Wishes and light dinner.

Day 7- Relaxed most of the morning after another huge breakfast at Trail's End. Spent some time at MGM, then took a nap and had dinner at Artist Point before going to the Pirates and Princesses Party at MK. That was FUN! The park was almost empty, almost all ride lines under 5 minutes! The parade was great, DW once again went nuts over Captain Jack and Tinker Bell. The best was the fireworks! We love Wishes, but man where these great. It was a great night, and we loved how they had everything decorated.

Day 8- Broke camp after another Trail's End breakfast. Went to Epcot for most of the day, and left Disney around 5:00. Drove all the home, getting back to Mobile around midnight. We had a great time, loved the weather and did not want to leave. I always hate leaving WDW DW says we should feel lucky about being able to go and enjoy ourselves, and she is right. Still, I cant help wonder about the place I leave behind, and how long it might be before I return. Well, the planning has begun!!!
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you two had a wonderful time. I keep hearing how amazing those fireworks are for the Princess and Pirate party. I hope to see them myself if they hold the parties next year. Thanks for sharing your trip with us and happy planning for your next one.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a perfect mix of relaxation and activity!! Thanks for the report!

Jenni b
    "if you can shape it in your mind, you can find it in your life."
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a great trip!

I told my husband I WILL go to the P&P party next year (I was supposed to go this year but had to cancel due to a family emergency). It sounds out of this world!

Glad you had fun, and hope your next visit is very soon!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your report. Sounds like it was a wonderful trip!

Post Thanks / Like

You've made me homesick for Fort Wilderness! Hope you spent a little time sitting on the rockers in front of Pioneer Hall?!

The Pirates and Princess Party is so much fun! Glad you got to enjoy it as well!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great trip...im glad you and your wife had a good time..and yes..i think everyone hates leaving! its always the worse part of the trip...thanx for sharing!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing!!! Sounds like a nice relaxing time. Makes me want to be there sooner!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you both had a wonderful trip, AND that you've found the antidote to that sad feeling we all get when leaving to go home: planning your next trip!

Thanks for sharing this trip with us! I really enjoyed reading about your time there.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I'll bet you can't wait to go back again.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: