Quantcast What happened to the Aladdin Dinner Show?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question What happened to the Aladdin Dinner Show?

I took my kids to Disneyland about 13 years ago and was lucky to get reservations at the Aladdin dinner show. The next year it closed down before we could go back. Does anyone know why they closed it? I have been to other dinner shows and had a great time but that was really special. To sit down and eat while they did the play Aladdin and walked around later to talk to us. My kids had a great time along with me. I wish Disneyland or Disney World would have more of these. Sit down dinner with a play of one of the many movies would be a great addition to any park.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Where was this located?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Wow! Where was this located?
    It was in the same area where the Aladdin's Oasis is now. We went to that show for our anniversary. If I'm thinking the same show, there was a lot of interaction with the audience too. We were very sad when they closed the show and changed it to what it is now. I believe it was probably just there for the year or so after the Aladdin movie came out and were pushing that.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that the show and dinner was great. I think that if they were to add to the parks or hotels this would be something to think about. The food was great and the dessert was excellent. My kids were 3 and 4. And there faces told me that it was the best thing I did that trip. Disneyland does not have a dinner show and I think this would be great to put in.

2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Southwest Florida (170 miles away from the mouse)
    Post Thanks / Like

We were lucky enough to go on 2 different trips. The highlight was the dessert which was a chocolate magic lantern filled with yummy mousse. It was a great experience!

But then again, if I had my choice I would have the Tahitian Terrace back instead.
    "Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind, or forgotton"
    - Lilo & Stitch

"Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time." - Walt Disney

MDinPA Guest

I had the opportunity to experience this once with a good friend (and INTERCOTee).

We had a great time. The food was excellent and the show was really good.

A couple of highlights:

When they put Jasmine in a box and made her disappear. I was only a few feet from the box and I freaked me out when she was gone. I had never been that close to a magic trick before, and I was amazed and confused as to how they did it.

We were sitting as I said only a few feet from the stage. During one of the audience participation portions of the show, my companion and I failed to participate. They stopped the show and pointed out that we were the only two who did not participate. They made everyone do it again. Needless to say we were embarrased and participated enthusiastically for the rest of the show.

I wish they would bring this back in one form or another, it would surely be more entertaining than the story time with Alladin and Jasmine that they have there now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger-N-Pooh View Post
    ...The highlight was the dessert which was a chocolate magic lantern filled with yummy mousse. It was a great experience! ...
    I remember wishing I could save my dessert as a souvenir!! It was a very special way to end the meal. The show was great, involving Cast Members and Guests. We hesitated purchasing the prepaid reservations/tickets because it was on the expensive side for us, but I am so glad we went. A great addition to that particular vacation at Disneyland.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

this is definitely one of the gaping holes in the DLR lineup--fun dinnershows like this. I have seen so many pictures and heard so many stories of the old Tahitian Terrace (was that the name?), and the much later Aladdin show...and I wish I could have experienced it! But I suppose it was a combination of lack of interest and lack of space to be able to pack in people to offset the cost of putting on a show. One thing WDW has in spades: space.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I wish I had not missed this one. I never realized that it had been there. I saw an old menu for the Tahitian Terrace, the prices were amazing ($2.00 for a complete meal, I was too young to remember being there.). The only show that I can think of currently at the DLR that you could have a meal at is Billy Hill at the Golden Horseshoe. But, it definetly is not a dinner show.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

We went there. I got to be in the belly-dance contest and go on stage during the show. It was me (a middle-age dude) and two little girls. Of course I won !! They put customs on us backstage. It was a blast. And it was one of the very few times we didn't have our camcorder with us. But we got a few pictues at least. Also...it was $$$$$$. I think it was about the same as the price of admission, but the meal was really good.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought when we bought the tickets it was to expensive but i saved up a whole year to do it. And I am glad I did. The pictures we have and the memories are great. My kids still talk about it and I have pictures that are priceless with the dessert all over there faces.

2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: