Quantcast Good News!!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good News!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good News!!!

I was reading another post here in the Water Cooler and the poster mentioned that we are hard pressed for Pixie Dust, but could they still have some and it got me to thinking. I know this is the place that we all come to when we need help for whatever reason. And I know that we all like to let each other know that we're a family and all here for each other. But I think that it would be really nice to balance all of these sad stories with some good ones. Not to take away from the upsetting things, but someplace to remind us that good things do happen. Even just as simple as "I drove to work today and hit every green light" can cheer you up!

So lets go, who will be first?!?
    Star light, star bright,
    first star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do,
    and all our wishes,
    will come true.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Well........ I'll step up to the plate !

This morning I helped two clients save around $25,000 and I saw their smiles light up the room.

Then I sat down with a potential new client and he had just gotten off the phone with one of the others and he agreed in principle to work with me.

I'm working on it as we speak, but I think I can save him over $100,000 in the next five years while providing my great service to his company !

And here's the best part......... I get paid to do this !

BelleBeauty Guest

Well, I'm in and I will subscribe so I can keep up the positive energy.

I volunteered my time over the last three months (A LOT OF TIME) to plan a big event that was last night. It took a lot of coordination and a lot of sponsorship. I've been working my behind off and stressing out about it.

Last night was the event and everyone loved it! To boot, I had applied for a scholarship through the same organization to go to a conference in the UK - and I WON!

Great professional exposure, wonderful experience, and a trip to London to boot!

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea.
    I have a trip to Disneyworld planned for April 26th. Just DH and I. What a great day!
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my bit of good news:

Just two weeks ago DH and I bought our lot in a new subdivision in our area, the best part we paid it cash!!!!

In the same week we met with our architect and loved the way our house looks on paper!

DS, Collin, has been waiting all year to be choosen as student of the week and he just found out yesterday that he was picked as student of the week for next week. He is so excited!

We only have 15 more days until we go to WDW for a week to celebrate Collin and Landon's birthdays!!!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We had a good night at work last night. No one really, really sick and it wasn't that busy after 11pm.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a really good idea for a thread!

Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea for a thread!

I felt so good today (one week post-surgery) that I exercised for the first time in months. (Only 15 minutes and in the apt building hallway but something is better than nothing, right?)
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if this is good news but I did something yesterday that I have never done before. I am almost 40 and yesterday was the first time I ever road on a school bus. It was also the first school trip I went on with my DS. I dont think I need to experience it again anytime soon, but it was a first and the class had a good trip.
    Up Next
    15 Disney Hilton Head Jul 5 - Jul 7
    15 Disney Dream Jul 1 - Jul 5
    15 Beach Club Jun 27- Jul 1
    14 Dolphin Resort Jun 12-16
    13 Fort Wilderness Christmas Dec 20- Dec 26

Post Thanks / Like

I think we really need this thread.

Recently, I found that I had a mutual fund I din't move in years. Now, there's 1600$CAN in it. Since I don't need that money right now, I called this fund "The Disney Fund". It will be used to treat me a vacation at WDW during hard times.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea for a thread! Let's see..good from today...hmm...my sis made it through surgery just fine. We have a new supervisor at work & we are getting the numbers of our staff back up. Would that work?
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a job interview today. I don't think I got the job, but I really enjoyed talking to the people who interviewed me. I've been on lots of interviews in the past few months and when you can meet nice people it is really a good day! Right next door was a McDonald's and I stopped in for a bite. Sat outside and soaked up the sun- first warm day in So. Cal for a while - and fed the birds bits of my french fries while I listened to children playing and laughing. One of the birds had beautiful purple markings. Thought of the Disney song "Feed the Birds."
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good News!

My DD13 auditioned last weekend for the All-County Middle School Honor Band. She found out today that she was accepted and placed as 'first chair' flute. She is sooooo excited and I am so very proud of her! (For those non band-geeks out there...first chair means that she is the #1 flute player in the band.)

My twin DD's12 were also selected to play in the All-County Elementary School Honor Band...triple woohoo!

What a great idea for a thread!
    Disneyland - Only 70 Miles from the Original
    Too many times to count, but at least once a year since 1970 (AP 1995 and 2004)
    2007~We're AP holders again!

WDW

May 1990
    Surprise the kids Trip - June 2005 Grovesner
    Last Trip - May 8-16, 2007 Surprised the kids AGAIN!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first Thursday that we don't have to go into Boston for my son's weekly (now biweekly) follow ups with his transplant surgeons!! We're moving back to "normal"!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pogo

Then I sat down with a potential new client and he had just gotten off the phone with one of the others and he agreed in principle to work with me.

I'm working on it as we speak, but I think I can save him over $100,000 in the next five years while providing my great service to his company !

And here's the best part......... I get paid to do this !
    I finished the proposal in rough form and last night I met this client for dinner and showed him what I came up with in the short amount of time I had. He was so impressed, he signed the contract and gave me two referrals to company presidents that could also use my services. Did I tell you, I love my job !!!!!!

I think this thread needs a rating !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlinmagic4
    This is the first Thursday that we don't have to go into Boston for my son's weekly (now biweekly) follow ups with his transplant surgeons!! We're moving back to "normal"!!
    "Normal" is a beautiful, extremely underrated, thing!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

My novel, a September release, is available for preorder on Amazon and already has a sales ranking! That's great news for me. I had a rough patch in changing from historical to contemporary women's fiction, so it feels amazing to have something new coming out at last- seven years after my last historical romance was released. Plus, I'm doing a radio interview for Valentine's Day.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great idea for a thread!! Things have been so crazy around here, and I'm sure I've used more than my share of pixie dust, so this may not seem like much, but.... my DH pushed me to go to a jewelry party a mutual friend was having last night... I don't typically go in for things like that, and I don't tend to go "out with the girls" very often.... but he said I needed it, and should just go and have fun. Well, I'm so glad I did - I reconnected with some old friends, had a great time - yes, bought a little jewelry - and just generally felt really great getting out and doing something "for me". So, I am just very thankful that I have a DH who looks out for me and wanted me to go relax... I work 3 nights/week as a RN and go in @ 6:30pm, so he's mom & dad those three nights for our DD's.... well, this added on another night for him, but he didn't mind, and I'm grateful, and happier today for it!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB
    "Normal" is a beautiful, extremely underrated, thing!
    The Chinese got a curse "May you live in interesting times". As a super in a Condo tower, I just love Normalcy and routine. Generaly, when my routine goes by the window, it means that I got a new problem to deal with.

On the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" side, I had two cysts removed today. They were both located on my head (just between the skin and the cranium). By itself, they dint disturbed me too much except when I have to wear some rigid headgear like the VR goggles at DisneyQuest. In these rare cases, It make the whole experience very unconfortable. Now that they are removed, I am really looking foward to ride Alladin's virtual carpets!
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if everyone else will find this to be good news, but I do. DD 11 weeks looked up at the Mickey Mouse on her wall today and let out the biggest cackle, the legs were pumping and she was smiling ear to ear! I took her back to her room an hour later and had the same reaction. It is official..I have a mouseaddict jr!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: