Quantcast Dancing With The Stars 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dancing With The Stars 4

Report: 'Dancing 4' to include Billy Ray Cyrus, Ian Ziering and Laila Ali

By Christopher Rocchio and Steve Rogers, 01/22/2007

Country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, former Beverly Hills 90210 star Ian Ziering and Muhammad Ali's daughter Laila Ali will reportedly be part of the new group of celebrities who will shake their moneymakers in the upcoming fourth season of ABC's Dancing With the Stars, according to TMZ.

The website also reported that although they were originally "set to join" the competition, former The Osbournes co-stars Sharon and Kelly Osbourne have both "backed out" of the show's fourth season cast, and stated that Sarah Ferguson will not -- as the former Duchess of York recently told People magzazine and despite earlier reports to the contrary -- be one of the fourth season's celebrity dancers.

"I'd love to learn to tango, but I don't have the time," Ferguson told People in an interview published in its January 15 issue. In addition to Ferguson, several other celebrities, including former NBA star Reggie Miller and Friends actress Jennifer Anniston, have also recently denied that they'll be participating in the show's cast for the upcoming season.

As usual, ABC says it won't confirm the identities of any of thithe upcoming season's cast prior to the show's formal cast announcement. "We can't confirm any castings at this point," a representative for Dancing With the Stars told TMZ.

According to TMZ, former N Sync singer Joey Fatone will also join Cyrus, Ziering and Ali on the fourth season of the reality series.. Fatone had previously disclosed that he was interested in joining the show's cast during an interview with a Florida radio station. The fourth season of Dancing With the Stars is scheduled to premiere on ABC with a two hour episode on Monday, March 19 at 8PM ET/PT.

From RealityTVWorld

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Official

From ABC.com:

THE STARS ALIGN FOR A FOURTH SEASON OF ABC'S HIT ALTERNATIVE SERIES, DANCING WITH THE STARS

Eleven Celebrities, Comprising the Most Diverse Cast to Date, Were Announced on Good Morning America

In a Dancing with the Stars first, three athletes will dance to the finish in the fourth season of the hugely popular series, returning MONDAY, MARCH 19 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC. Among the athletes are a current Olympic Gold Medalist, a member of the 1992 Men's U.S. Olympic Basketball Dream Team, and an undefeated female boxer - the first female athlete to compete on the series. Celebrities joining them include a singer/actor who stars alongside his daughter in one of the Disney Channel's most popular programs, a former member of one of the biggest selling music groups of all-time, and a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador and activist for Adopt-A-Minefield.

As announced on Good Morning America, the eleven stars making their ballroom dancing debut and their professional dance partners are:

LAILA ALI - Ali, an undefeated world champion female boxer and youngest daughter of sports legend, Muhammad Ali, takes her footwork to the ballroom dance floor on Dancing with the Stars. Outside the ring, Ali has graced countless international magazine covers, such as Glamour and Italian Vogue, and authored the inspirational autobiography, Reach! She joins MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY who returns for his third season.

BILLY RAY CYRUS - Singer/songwriter/actor and star of Disney Channel's hit series, Hannah Montana, Cyrus will partner with season three's finalist, KARINA SMIRNOFF, who returns for her second season. Cyrus first entered the public spotlight with his hit song Achy Breaky Heart. His other acting credits include the feature film, Mulholland Drive, and the starring role in the series, Doc.

CLYDE DREXLER - Named One of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History, Clyde the Glide was a member of the 1992 U.S. Olympic Dream Team. He began his career in 1983 with the Portland Trailblazers and retired in 1998 with the Houston Rockets, a team he led to the 1995 NBA Championship. ELENA GRINENKO, who returns for her second season, will be his partner.

JOEY FATONE - The musician/actor/star of Broadway was a member of one of the most popular singing groups of all-time, *NSYNC, which holds the records for the most albums sold in a single day and week. He has since starred in movies My Big Fat Greek Wedding and The Cooler, and the Broadway musicals, Rent and Little Shop of Horrors. Fatone joins partner KYM JOHNSON who returns for her second season.

SHANDI FINNESSEY - During the most watched Miss USA® competition in six years, Shandi Finnessey was crowned Miss USA® in 2004. She is the host of two game shows on the Game Show Network - Lingo with Chuck Woolery and Playmania. Newcomer BRIAN FORTUNA will be her professional dance partner.

LEEZA GIBBONS - Former host of Entertainment Tonight, Extra and her self-titled daytime talk-show, Leeza, the TV/radio personality currently hosts the nationally syndicated radio program, Hollywood Confidential. Leeza is also the founder of the Leeza Gibbons Memory Foundation, a nonprofit organization offering empowerment and education to caregivers and their loved ones diagnosed with any memory disorder. She teams up with TONY DOVOLANI who returns for his third season.

HEATHER MILLS - United Nations Goodwill Ambassador, activist for Adopt-A-Minefield and advocate for animal rights, Heather Mills will be the first contestant to compete with an artificial limb. She will be partnered with JONATHAN ROBERTS who returns for his third season.

APOLO ANTON OHNO - Two-time Olympic gold medal winner Apolo Anton Ohno sets his sights on another trophy to add to his collection, the Dancing with the Stars Mirror Ball. As a short-track speed skater, Ohno has a total of five Olympic medals, tying him with Eric Heiden for the most medals of any U.S. Male Winter Olympian. JULIANNE HOUGH teams with Ohno in her first appearance.

VINCENT PASTORE - Known for his standout role in The Sopranos, actor Vincent Pastore has also appeared in several movies including Revolver, directed by Guy Ritchie, Gotti, and Goodfellas. He was also the voice of Luca in the animated feature Shark Tale. Pastore teams with EDYTA SLIWINSKA, the only professional dancer to participate in all four seasons.

PAULINA PORIZKOVA- As the former face of Estee Lauder, Porizkova was once the highest paid supermodel in the world of fashion. She was featured on the cover of several magazines including the Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Issue for two consecutive years. This Spring, Porizkova releases her first work of fiction, A Model Summer. Season one champ ALEC MAZO returns for his second appearance.

IAN ZIERING - One of the stars of the hit TV series, Beverly Hills 90210, actor Ian Ziering also played a supporting role in the movie Domino, and wrote, produced, directed and starred in the short film Man vs. Monday. He teams with two-time defending champion, CHERYL BURKE, who returns for her third season.

Dancing with the Stars' fourth season will premiere Monday, March 19 with a two-hour premiere (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET). To offer viewers two weeks to see the performers in action before the first elimination, the first results show will air on Week Two. The second performance show, airing Monday, March 26, will also be two hours in length (8:00-10:00 p.m.), and the first results show will air Tuesday, March 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET).

Hosted by Tom Bergeron (America's Funniest Home Videos) and Samantha Harris (E! Entertainment), the celebrities will perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom Judge Len Goodman, and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

Dancing with the Stars is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, Strictly Come Dancing. This version is produced in America by BBC Worldwide. Conrad Green and Richard Hopkins are executive producers and Izzie Pick is co-executive producer. Rob Wade and Matilda Zoltowski are supervising producers. Alex Rudzinski directs. Dancing with the Stars is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP. This program carries a TV-PG parental guideline.
    Last edited by Melanie; 02-21-2007 at 04:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Go Apolo! I love that he's in the cast.

It's interesting that Cheryl is paired with another fairly young guy. I have no doubt she can groom Ian Ziering into a serious contender!

Can't wait to see how Heather Mills is received.

Some new pros this season, along with those returning from the first season. Karina is back.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never watched this show, but I will be tuned in to see Apolo!! What a cutie and I would think he could be a good dancer! I also really like Joey Fatone. He always looks like such a happy go lucky guy.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't like the fact that Heather Mills is involved. I have to admit that I have pre-judged the woman and I think she is a golddigger. So I don't think I'll watch until she is eliminated, although I am a fan of Joey Fatone. Apolo, and Vinny Pastore.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing... Mills has a prosthetic leg that she removes whenever she sleeps or relaxes. Wonder how nimble you could be with one of those (not trying to be insulting, just curious).
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Another thing... Mills has a prosthetic leg that she removes whenever she sleeps or relaxes. Wonder how nimble you could be with one of those (not trying to be insulting, just curious).
    We were talking about this yesterday at work, after we saw that they had posted the dancers. We figured that with the Tango, Waltz, Viennese Waltz, and Foxtrot she wouldn't have to much trouble, because they are slower in tempo and for the most part, she would have support from her partner. But, the Jive, Quickstep, and Paso Doble (I think this one was mentioned), she would have trouble with just how quickly you have to move and while you maybe touching your partner, it isn't the same close contact as with the Waltz.

I am so there with the rest of you tuning in for Apollo.
    Jen
    Mom to Loden and LaneyLouWho

Post Thanks / Like

News has come out that Heather Mills is on the show in the UK ...

Put it this way ...she not the most liked person in the UK and god help her if she went to Liverpool .

i know if she went on our version in the UK she would be voted immediatley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER View Post
    i know if she went on our version in the UK she would be voted immediatley
    I think she's going on the show to try and gain some sympathy 'across the pond'.

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm rooting for Shandi. She's hot.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I think she's going on the show to try and gain some sympathy 'across the pond'.
    How is she perceived in the USA ....it would be interesting to know ??

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Sarah Ferguson often saying she received more sympathy in the US than she did in the UK when times were tough for her. I can't help to compare this.

I personally don't like her.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't you think Joey Fatone has a bit of an advantage? Although it wasn't ballroom, he did a lot of dancing with 'N Sync.

Very interesting lineup this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the average person might not know much about her, but most Paul/Beatles fans do know the salacious details that came out. Much of what was being reported in England was also carried over here via various news outlets. I for one despise her and hope she is gone the first week.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Our favorite Pixar regular!

'Dancing' adds Cliff from 'Cheers'

NEW YORK (AP) -- A mailman is replacing a hitman on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

John Ratzenberger, who played Cliff Claven on "Cheers" -- and has lent his voice to a number of Pixar films, including both "Toy Story" films and "Cars" -- will step in for Vincent Pastore, who quit after one week of training.

Ratzenberger, 59, had previously turned down an offer to join the cast for the 10-week dance competition because of a scheduling conflict, ABC said Friday.

The 60-year-old Pastore, who played a tough-guy mobster on HBO's "The Sopranos," said earlier this week he didn't realize how physically demanding the show would be for him.

"We're sad that Vincent felt he was unable to continue in the competition, as he would have been great on the show," executive producer Conrad Green said in a statement Friday. " 'Dancing With the Stars' is physically demanding, and it pays to know your limits. We respect his decision."

The new cast also includes Olympic skater Apolo Anton Ohno, boxer Laila Ali, former 'N Sync member Joey Fatone, country singer-actor Billy Ray Cyrus and Paul McCartney's estranged wife, Heather Mills.

"Dancing With the Stars" returns March 19.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen this show before, but DD7 saw that Hannah Montana's dad was going to be on it and now insists that we watch it!

Oh my...
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Sorry you know i have awful sense of humour but this was in the British Press and i had to share it with you . Sorry if i have offended anyone its not meant to but i was brought up on Monty Python

"Bets On Heather's Leg
    Updated: 10:37, Tuesday March 13, 2007

Bets are being offered on whether Heather Mills' prosthetic leg will fall off during America's Dancing With The Stars TV show.

Online gambling site Bodog.com invited punters to lay money on the estranged wife of Beatles bassist Sir Paul McCartney having such a mishap. "

Post Thanks / Like

It was in our news as well, Raider.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a nineties flashback with Joey Fatone and Ian Ziering! Help Me!!!

Anyway, I think this is one of the most interesting groups of celebs they've had. I can't wait to see Apolo,and I don't know if I should laugh or scratch my head about BIlly Ray Cyrus.

I was also excited to hear that John Ratzenberger has stepped in. I think he's been great in everything he's done.

Should be an interesting season!
    Alicia

1980 & 1984 - Off site
    1990 & May 2009 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    Jan 2001 (honeymoon) and Nov 2004 - Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Sept 2007 - Polynesian Resort

Next Trip: May 2010 - Polynesian (for our 10 year anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenuff View Post
    I have never seen this show before, but DD7 saw that Hannah Montana's dad was going to be on it and now insists that we watch it!

Oh my...
    Billy Ray Cyrus is my top pick! He's definetely gotten a bit hotter over the years and ever since he lost the mullet.......WoooohDoggy! Can't wait to see his moves!!
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: