Quantcast Amazing Race: All Stars

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amazing Race: All Stars

CBS unveils 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' cast, show to debut Feb. 18

By Steve Rogers, 01/16/2007

Although several of them had already been leaked by the media and most of the rest had already been revealed by eyewitnesses who saw the teams racing, CBS has formally unveiled the identities of the eleven teams who will be competing on its upcoming The Amazing Race: All-Stars reality competition.

The Amazing Race: All-Stars, the eleventh installment of the long-running reality franchise, will premiere Sunday, February 18 at 8PM ET/PT. Seven of the series' ten previous editions will be represented in the all-stars competition, with the show's first, third, seventh, and tenth editions each landing two The Amazing Race: All-Stars teams. Absent from the competition are any teams from The Amazing Race 4, The Amazing Race 6, or the show's disastrous The Amazing Race: Family Edition eighth edition. As in previous seasons, The Amazing Race: All-Stars' winning team will receive $1,000,000.

According to executive producer Bertram Van Munster, the producers had a hard time deciding which of The Amazing Race's 100+ former teams to invite back for the All-Stars edition. "It was very hard to pick favorites," van Munster told USA Today.

Rather than basing their casting decisions on only the strength of each team's previous Race finish, the producers also took the teams' personal stories into consideration. "They're not necessarily the winners, but character-wise, they're all-stars in our book," van Munster told USA Today.

In fact, unlike the Spring 2004 All-Stars edition of CBS' Survivor reality series that included four former Survivor winners, The Amazing Race: All-Stars features only one team of previous winners -- The Amazing Race 7's Uchenna and Joyce Agu (The Amazing Race: All-Stars' cast does however include Amber Mariano, Survivor: All-Stars' winner and one half of The Amazing Race 7's returning runner-up team.)

The cast also features two former racers who competed with friends their first time around -- Eric Sanchez and Danielle Turner, who after competing against each other on The Amazing Race 9, began dating. Balancing them out will be a former dating couple that's since broken up and is now competing as "just friends," The Amazing Race 3's Jill Aquilino and John Vito Pietanza.

Missing from The Amazing Race: All-Stars' roster are (since married) The Amazing Race 5 "dating couple" Colin Guinn and Christie Woods, one of the two teams that tvgasm.com, the web site that first reported that The Amazing Race's eleventh edition would be an All-Stars edition, had reported to be "confirmed" members of The Amazing Race: All-Stars' cast.

Filmed late last year, The Amazing Race: All-Stars required the teams travel more than 45,000 miles and visit five continents in only 28 days. Stops included Argentina, Mozambique and Chile.

The eleven teams competing on The Amazing Race: All-Stars -- and their CBS-supplied profile information -- are:

"Life partners" Joe Baldassare and Bill Bartek (The Amazing Race 1, third place)

Joe is a 56-year-old mineral trading company owner. Bill is a 53-year-old realtor. The couple lives in Laguna Niguel, CA.

CBS says: "Team Guido" from Season 1 returns for another attempt at the $1 million prize. Claiming they've had their bags packed since they returned home from the first season, they are ready to go!

"Lifelong friends" Kevin O'Connor and Drew Feinberg (The Amazing Race 1, fourth place)

Kevin is a 40-year-old forensic accountant from Bayonne, NJ. Drew is a 41-year-old Senior Court Officer from Staten Island, NY.

CBS says: America's favorite fraternity brothers are all grown up and married. They fell just short of the million dollars the first time around and are eager for another shot.

"Best friends" Ozwald Mendez and Danilo Jimenez (The Amazing Race 2, fourth place)

Ozwald is a 36-year-old from New York, NY who works in advertising. Danny is a 41-year-old paralegal from Miami, FL.

CBS says: These best friends from Season 2 had a falling out several years ago, but have since mended their relationship and claim to be better friends now than they've ever been during their previous 12 years of friendship.

"Formerly dating" John Vito Pietanza and Jill Aquilino (The Amazing Race 2, fifth place)

John is a 32-year-old trader from New York, NY. Jill is a 29-year-old product controller from New York, NY.

CBS says: Season 3's John Vito and Jill are back for another chance at winning the $1 million prize. What's different this time around? These former lovebirds are no longer romantically involved.

"Married parents" Teri Pollack and Ian Pollack (The Amazing Race 3, second place)

Teri is a 53-year-old homemaker. Ian is a 54-year-old private investigator and retired police lieutenant. The couple lives in Palm City, FL.

CBS says: Second place in Season 3 just wasn't good enough for this dynamic duo. Teri and Ian are still the oldest players to ever finish in second place in the Amazing Race and they are back to show that they haven't lost a step.

"Cousins" Charla Baklayan Faddoul and Mirna Hindoyan (The Amazing Race 5, sixth place)

Charla is a 30-year-old real estate investor. Mirna is a 30-year-old attorney. Both cousins live in Towson, MD.

CBS says: Charla and Mirna captured America's hearts the first time around. They are proud of the way they played the game and look forward to another trip around the world together.

"Married couple" Uchenna Agu and Joyce Agu (The Amazing Race 7, first place)

Uchenna is a 42-year-old land developer. Joyce is a 46-year-old who works in sales. The couple lives in Houston, TX.

CBS says: Uchenna and Joyce are one of the most beloved teams from any season of Race. The winners of Season 7, Uchenna and Joyce were relentless and stopped at nothing to win the $1 million prize... including shaving their heads.

"Married couple" Rob Mariano and Amber Mariano (The Amazing Race 7, second place)

Now married, 30-year-old Rob and 28-year-old Amber live in Pensacola,FL when not busy bouncing from one reality TV gig to together.

CBS says: America's Sweethearts met, fell in love and got married...all in front of the cameras, beginning with the filming of Survivor: All-Stars, where Rob finished in second place to Amber. They finished as the runners-up to Joyce and Uchenna in Season 7. To what lengths will Rob and Amber go to avoid finishing as the runner-up yet again?

"Dating couple" Eric Sanchez and Danielle Turner (The Amazing Race 9, second place and seventh place)

Eric is a 28-year-old waiter from Deerfield Beach, FL. Danielle is a 23-year-old bartender from Staten Island, NY.

CBS says: This unique duo met while racing against each other during Season 9. During their travels, they developed a bond which evolved into a romance and the two have been dating for the past year. Will the combination of big-city girl and self-proclaimed "beach bum" be a force to reckon with or will the other Teams discount this new pair who has never raced together as Team?

"Beauty queens" Dustin Seltzer and Kandice Pelletier (The Amazing Race 10, fourth place)

Dustin is a 25-year-old graduate student from Seattle, WA. Kandice is a 25-year-old New York University student from New York, NY.

CBS says: These former Beauty Queens are back for a second chance and are more determined than ever to prove to the world that they aren't just pretty faces. Proven to be fierce competitors during the 10th installment of Race, Dustin and Kandice are focused and have their sights set on becoming the first all-female team to win the $1 million prize.

"Coal miner and wife" David Conley, Jr. and Mary Conley (The Amazing Race 10, sixth place)

David is a 33-year-old coal miner. Mary is a 32-year-old homemaker. The couple lives in Stone, KY.

CBS says: Everybody's favorite coal miner and his wife are back for another trek around the world. David and Mary, the lovable, wide-eyed couple from Stone, Ky. are ready to compete and believe they have what it takes to bring home the $1 million prize for their children.

RealityTVWorld.com

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay!

I'm going to have a hard time rooting for one team.

So happy to see Kevin and Drew & Ozwald and Danny on the list.

I'm so needing a dose of reality TV.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy that Kevin and Drew are one of the teams racing again. They are probably my all time favorite team of all the seasons. They make me laugh so much.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I can pretty much say that I can root for almost everyone, but Rob and Amber. Can't stand them.
    Bethie aka BethieTink

DVC Member 2006 - BCV

Upcoming - Oct 09 - 1 night at AKL, 7 night Eastern Carribean Cruise on the Magic, 3 nights at BCV

Last Trip - Jan 09 - MLK Weekend at WLV

Post Thanks / Like

Go Uchenna & Joyce! They were my favorite couple! This should be a great season!
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also happy to see Oswald & Danny on the list !
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BethieTink
    I can pretty much say that I can root for almost everyone, but Rob and Amber. Can't stand them.

Rob & Amber =

I didn't start watching TAR until midway through the 3rd season, so some of these teams will be new to me.

Glad to see the Kentucky folks are back. I hope they can get their act together this time around.

DVC Member at the Boardwalk since 1998
    6/99 Old Key West
    6/00 Boardwalk
    6/01 Wilderness Lodge
    6/02 Boardwalk
    7/03 Beach Club
    7/04 Beach Club
    7/05 Saratoga Springs
    6/06 Boardwalk
    1/8-1/12/08 Boardwalk
    10/27-10/30/09 Boardwalk
    12/18-12/22/09 Boardwalk

10/24-10/30/15 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shugoondola
    Glad to see the Kentucky folks are back. I hope they can get their act together this time around.
    I'll be curious to see how they do without the Cho Brothers & Alabama . . .
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

GO TEAM CHA CHA CHA!!

Love to see them and Kevin and Drew back too.

Rob and Amber and like a train wreck.....you really don't want it to happen, you can't stop it, but you gotta watch it and then call in the help .

This season should be good, can't wait .
    Candi, the Pooh fanatic!

4/2010 - Pop Century
    9/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2005 - Pop Century
    1/2004 - Offsite
    1/2001 - Offsite
    9/2000 - Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon
    5/1983 - Offsite
    Disneyland - 1980,1981,1982

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that all early spoilers indicated Colin and Christie were participating. I'm glad they aren't!

Teri looks different with her hair grown out. And I can't wait to see how John Vito and Jill interact now that they aren't dating.

Go Kevin and Drew!

Post Thanks / Like

I am SO excited! Having a new season twice a year is GREAT!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2boys
    I'll be curious to see how they do without the Cho Brothers & Alabama . . .
    I hear you. They need to sink or swim on their own.

DVC Member at the Boardwalk since 1998
    6/99 Old Key West
    6/00 Boardwalk
    6/01 Wilderness Lodge
    6/02 Boardwalk
    7/03 Beach Club
    7/04 Beach Club
    7/05 Saratoga Springs
    6/06 Boardwalk
    1/8-1/12/08 Boardwalk
    10/27-10/30/09 Boardwalk
    12/18-12/22/09 Boardwalk

10/24-10/30/15 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Come on February 18th!

I am so glad football is over. We should finally get these Sunday shows starting on time.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I actually rooted for Rob and Amber. I think everyone was so against them and I enjoyed their spunk - I mean, Rob's spunk (Amber was pretty much arm candy - I hope she's developed some of her own personality). Normally, they are exactly the kind of team I would gleefully hate.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

I finally saw an ad for it tonight! I CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Woot! Go Team Cha Cha Cha!!

I can't wait to see Ambob (my special name for the team everyone loves to hate) go up against a team like Dustin and Kandice. Both were very crafty and out for nobody but themselves. This year is going to be very interesting.
    Sam(antha)

VMK name: Zumop
    PotCO name: Anyanka

Last Disney vacation: WDW June 3-9, 2007 (Old Key West)
    See my homepage for pictures!
    Next Disney vacation: Intercot/VMK Extravaganza 2007 (AKA: The WDW Apocalypse)

"Life is too short to eat bad cheesecake"

Post Thanks / Like

I like Rob and Amber they are fun to watch. I don't think I want them to win but I want them to stay in the race till the end.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait! Rob and Amber are fun to watch but gosh I sure hope they don't win! Go Kevin and Drew and Uchenna and Joyce!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I'll be rooting for Team Romber all the way ...

They're normally a team I'd hate (in fact I loathed them on Survivor), but I've developed a very healthy respect for them since TAR. They're tough competitors and very smart when it comes to marketing themselves.

I hope they win it all this time ... they came within a hair's breadth of doing it the first time!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What.... no Jonathan and Victoria??? LOL sorry had to!
    It's all about me ~*~

~*~ Disney Forever ~ I'll always be a Princess ~*~
    P I Forever
    DVC Owner
    **Jonas Brothers Forever** I met them, hugged them and then I freaked out...Kevin smells FANTASTIC!Burnin Up - 2 concerts ~ Look Me In The Eyes - 3 concerts ~ Best of Both Worlds - 2 concerts

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: