Quantcast Mission: Space - Green Team

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mission: Space - Green Team

I like the original version, but is it worth giving Mission: Space 2 rides now? One on the orange team and one on the green team.
    Sarah
    "Everybody wants to be a cat!!"

1/12-VWL; 9/11-SSR-Grandstand; 5/11-SSR-Grandstand **First DVC Stay!!**; 10/10-POFQ; 9/09-AKL **Honeymoon**; 2/07-SSR- Paddock; 3/04-AKL; 5/01-DL Paris; 3/01-VWL; 12/00-Off-Site; 1/99-AS Music; 2/97-AS Sports; 2/95-AS Music; 6/93-OKW
    And many times prior...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

i cant imagine green team would give me the thrill im looking for, but i may give it a shot in sept!
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

I had some physical reactions to the original version of the ride, and I rode on the Green team when I was there in Sep 06, and was pleasantly surprised. It's not completely lame. There is some (g-)force exerted on the rider, but it's nowhere near the intensity of the original (orange team) version. However, the video and interaction are identical to each other. So, truthfully, there's no real difference other than the amount of force.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan
    I had some physical reactions to the original version of the ride, and I rode on the Green team when I was there in Sep 06, and was pleasantly surprised. It's not completely lame. There is some (g-)force exerted on the rider, but it's nowhere near the intensity of the original (orange team) version. However, the video and interaction are identical to each other. So, truthfully, there's no real difference other than the amount of force.
    that is very good to know because my dw did not like the ride the first time mabey she would like the alternate ride?!?
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Default another question!

my husband rode the original ride last week and thought that it had been toned down as well - anyone know if they changed the original?
    1/97 Polynesian
    10/97 Honeymoon at Disneyland
    1/99 Dixie Landing
    1/04 All Star Movies
    1/07 All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

There are no g's pulled on the Green Team. The centerfuge is turned off. It only rocks back and forth.

The Orange Team is the same exact ride as the original. No more or less.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I've done both....and probably will stick with the green side from now on.

I felt that the ride is still pretty good, although I have issues on the whole with the ride.

I am very glad they gave us a choice.
    First visit 1971
    Annual pass member
    Visit 2005
    May 2005 become DVC Member!!!
    Last visit 2006
    Last minute 2007 trip (for my 50th Bday)
    January 1, 2010 for 8 days
    January 2, 2012 for 7 days!!
    November, 2013, quick trip
    October 2014 1st time with future son-in-law

Post Thanks / Like

My parents have never tried the original version of Mission: SPACE, but I am hoping they try the lighter version during my vacation which starts in less than an hour (I am in the airport).

The intense version does push my limits, but I will probably ride again with my brother.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

The G-Force on the original, as much as I enjoy the feeling, gives me chest pains (not after or anything...but enough pressure on my chest). I guess I'll whimp out this time and Green team it ^^
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My BIL has problems with spinning rides, but he got on MS with us Sept. '05. Wrong answer!! He was 'green' the rest of the day.

DW and I will be going in Feb. (one calendar month from today! YEA!!!!) and will be trying both runs to see what the differences are.

We first rode MS in Sept. '03, about a month before the 'official' opening of the ride and absolutely LOVED it! By the time we went back in '05, they had cut back on some of the pressure of liftoff and you could actually feel the spin more.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking MS - Green Team

When I first rode MS, I rode it 5 times. My DH gave up after 3. Last January, I thought they had "watered it down" a bit. I hope the orange team means we'll have that "closest thing to going into space" experience again. (I am descended from a Lockheed engineer.) MS is my favorite ride, ever.

Post Thanks / Like

What's strange is that I'm a "thrill ride" wuss.

I was TERRIFIED to try ToT (which I did, and I did like, but am still a wee bit scared of!). I LOVED Aerosmith's RoRC (probably because I DIDN'T know beforehand that there were 2 loop-ty-loops!)

However, I LOVED MS. Yes it's a little intense, but it never made me feel bad. My son (who was 6) and I rode it once, LOVED IT, and immediately went back and rode it again! (Didn't know at the time that you're NOT supposed to do that!!!)

Anyway, I'm glad to see that I'm NOT the only MS-fiend! I love it. I think it's the most beautiful ride (from the outside) that I've ever seen - it's just STUNNINGLY georgous!

I love TestTrack and RoRC - can't wait to try EE!

GOIN' to WDW in 1 week from tomorrow - can HARDLY STAND IT!!!

-Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

All the warnings scared my niece last week and we went on the green team. She said that with the closeness of the compartment that it was better we weren't spinning that much. She thinks she would have gotten sick.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I worked at Mission Space from Aug. 2005 through July 2006, and I can kinda fill in all the details about the change. The ride was never watered down from it's original opening, always had the same spinning speed and all that. The ride is actually extremely precise and any change to its normal operation will stop the ride completely. Also, to change half the bays from spinning to non spinning took a lot of time and reworking of the programming of the ride, so much so that it will probably never be changed back. As a CM, we always thought it would be nice to maybe flip them around so that if the orange team was very busy and green had no wait time, a switch could be flipped to add an extra spinning bay or vice versa. Definately a no go on that one!

On the green team, the ride does not spin at all, although about halfway through the ride, when you are just starting descent to Mars, the centrifuge performs one rotation to "home" the ride. Nothing that can be felt. Actually, when you cannot feel the g forces on the orange team, the ride is actually spinning, just at a very slow speed so it cannot be felt, this is the same speed it rotates at at the end of the green team experience. So on the orange team the ride is actually continuously spinning, just very slowly. Also on the green team, each capsule tilts and rocks more than on the orange to try to give the feel of the g force but not as intensely. Especially during the liftoff sequence. It leans almost all the way back and for the most seasoned riders, you can definately tell.

The intricate workings of the attraction are actually pretty amazing and as much as I can't give away any "secrets" I can answer almost any question if there's anything anyone would want to know

Still, the original ride will be by far the best and most amazing ride at WDW for me. Of course, I'm kind of biased...

Former CM at Mission: Space
    ~Meredith

Post Thanks / Like

I won't go on the original for fear of dying. But the tame version is most intense. I can't imagine people that ride the original being satisfied with the tame version... But then, what do those people have to lose? The tame version is like Star Tours.
    "Now is the best time of our lives"...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    I won't go on the original for fear of dying.
    Sorry, I had to giggle at this. Death is my last fear on M:S...the only fear I have is the person next to me getting sick .

A friend of mine went on the green version, and said he felt nothing at all. He could tell the cab tilted, but thought it was extremely tame. I might try it for the sake of trying it, but the orange version is the way to go for me.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I did the Orange side and both felt bad afterwards. Dizzy and a headache for about 30 min and while I don't normally have a problem with motion sickness I had to concentrate very hard during the ride to not ! Took away any enjoyment I might have had on the ride..
    We tried the Green side last trip and it is probably too tame. Our kids enjoyed it and I was able to enjoy the particulars of the ride, but after one ride it was not worth a second ride for us. My DD thought it was boring, she did not get a chance to ride the Orange side.

We did take a tour and it was interesting on how they built the ride and the reason there are no seats or anything untill far from the ride is because walking will help you gain your equalibrim and get over any queezyness your feeling, sitting down will make it worse, they thuoght of everything!

Bev
    POP for the Holidays and MVMCP! Dec6-12

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad the green team option is available. My 6 year old really enjoyed Mission Space. It's one of his favorite rides. Without the green team option, I doubt he would have rode the attraction.
    Jeff T.
    July 2021 - Yacht Club Resort
    2018, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10 - Wilderness Lodge Resort
    2017, 13, 09, 08, 07, 06, 05, 04, 03 - Beach Club Resort
    2002, 1996 - Grand Floridian Resort
    2019, 01 - Boardwalk Resort
    2016, 00 - Yacht Club Resort
    1995 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    1994 - Port Orleans Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I got to ride this as a "test pilot" before the grand opening. We thought it was great!! I didn't even have a "clue" that it was spinning. I didn't feel any discomfort at all. The only time I noticed a "little" pressure was when I lifted my hand to press the button.

We're known to ride this several times when we're there. Now...on the OTHER side of the fence. My bestest buddy and partner in crime just plain and simple cannot do "spinny" rides. She'll ride every coaster you throw at her but...she cannot do "spinny" rides. This ride turns her . She didn't even have a clue why it effected her so till she found out that it spun.

But I give the girl "super trooper" credit. She'll take a moment to "let it all out" then she'll come out...OK...that's done!...what's next?
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, 3,808.63 KM from the Magic Kingdom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the original ride (More force) not so bad to handle. But I was kinda afterwards... still enjoyed it!
    Walt was ½ Canadian!

DL, Aug 97; DL, Jul 01; DL, Aug 05; DL, Jan 06; WDW, Oct 06; DL, Dec 06; WDW, Nov 07; DL, Dec 07; DL, Jun 08; DL, Feb 09; DLP, Apr 09; DL, Sep 09; TDL, Oct 09; DL, Jun 10; WDW, Oct, 10; WDW, May, 13; WDW, Sep 14; HKDL, Sep 15, WDW, Mar 17; WDW Jan 19.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: