Quantcast Grease—You're the One that I Want

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Grease—You're the One that I Want

Is anyone else watching this?

How sad for Chicago that they could only find 7 people out of thousands that had any talent. Hoping New York is different.

And what are they thinking about having a 42 year old Danny? He does not in ANY WAY look like an 18-year-old high school student!
    "Guard the boat, mind the tide. Don't touch my dirt." Captain Jack Sparrow

CSR May '98
    POR May '02
    CBR June '06
    Next Trip... POFQ Sept '07
    Disneyland--too many times to count!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I watched. I liked older Danny -- the stage is a loooong way away from most folks.

I felt bad for the young kid that the one judge said would be good for the Doody role. I agreed, and Doody has the best song in the entire show "Those Magic Changes" -- I think he actually sang it for the auditions. What a wonderful voice, I thought the judge wished he could hire him for Doody right then and there. But he was too small for Danny

Boy, that 17 year old girl was awesome! And you had to love the "dancing cupcake."
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Default We were wondering

if there would be a couple that end up getting offered other parts... The dancing cupcake would be perfect as the head of the pink ladies!
    "You're not Mickey Mouse, you're a rat!"
    "Rat, Schmat! Besides, they're tourists! What do they know?"

Post Thanks / Like

I was disappointed by the first episode of this...I just can't put my finger on what it was that didn't connect for me...and I have been looking forward to it
    Beth

Past WDW trips:
    '83 - Contemporary
    '99 - Grad Night, offsite
    '03 - Day trip MK
    '04 - Day trip MK
    '05 - Poly LVC; POFQ Christmas trip
    '06 - Poly
    '08 - Poly
    '09 - POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

There were MANY parts that were totally put on. I could tell so many people auditioning were not REAL. There was also some error that I caught but I can't remember what it was. If I catch the episode again i'll mention it!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Wait!! I wanted to see this!! When does it come on?
    Everybody's got a laughing place!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eas423
    I was disappointed by the first episode of this...I just can't put my finger on what it was that didn't connect for me...and I have been looking forward to it
    That was how I felt as well. I was really curious to see the whole audition process. I think it feels just a little fake. I suppose they have to incorporate some drama to keep it interesting. We are going to keep watching for awhile and see what happens. I also think the English man was channeling Simon Cowell a little too much. That bothered me somewhat.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeys_princess
    Wait!! I wanted to see this!! When does it come on?
    It is on NBC on Sunday evenings.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal
    It is on NBC on Sunday evenings.
    Thanks, i'll try and catch it tomorrow. Have I missed anything major?
    Everybody's got a laughing place!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickeys_princess
    Thanks, i'll try and catch it tomorrow. Have I missed anything major?
    Not really. Just the first round of auditions in LA and Chicago. They all sang, and the best of those learned a dance routine. The best from that are moving on. I know they are going to New York next. Not sure if there are other cities. Then all of the people that makes it through the first auditions are being sent to Grease Camp. From that group the finalists will be chosen.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal
    That was how I felt as well. I was really curious to see the whole audition process. I think it feels just a little fake. I suppose they have to incorporate some drama to keep it interesting. We are going to keep watching for awhile and see what happens. I also think the English man was channeling Simon Cowell a little too much. That bothered me somewhat.
    I thought that too! I felt that the singers that were bad or very obviously non-Dannys or non-Sandys were SO over the top! Then when they showed the dance portion? Argh. It's a very different audition process for a Broadway show ... Grease has quite a bit of dancing and these parts are BIG singing parts. I hope the show gets better, or I will have to do with I do with American Idol and not watch until the real show starts.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep watching for now, I think it might get better. But I really, didn't like how the host convinced them to re-audition the pretty girl. Come on!
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbooty
    I'll keep watching for now, I think it might get better. But I really, didn't like how the host convinced them to re-audition the pretty girl. Come on!
    I agree, I wasn't impressed with her first burlesque version of "If I were a Bell" from Guys and Dolls. I could never imagine Jean Simmons doing that in her Salvation Army uniform. And the song, from a musical standpoint, is very easy to sing, not a very complicated number. Some of Sandy's from Grease are much harder. *sigh*

That little girl though, the 17 year old, had the voice of an angel...
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand that if you are trying out for a particular musical why wouldn't you do a song from that show? Grease is not an unknown musical. If you want the part of Danny or Sandy, sing one of their songs! The producers need to know if you can handle the music that is being showcased NOT if you can sing some other rock, musical or pop song! Maybe it's just me, but personally I wouldn't consider someone who didn't come prepared with a song from the show. But maybe I'm being a little too hard here.
    "Guard the boat, mind the tide. Don't touch my dirt." Captain Jack Sparrow

CSR May '98
    POR May '02
    CBR June '06
    Next Trip... POFQ Sept '07
    Disneyland--too many times to count!

Post Thanks / Like

I think its growing on me. There were some good Dannys and Sandys tonight. I really like the girl that said she hates waitressing, she had a good look for the part - very sweet and girl next doorsy. Next week they're at "Grease Academy," that oughtta be fun.
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

If only I could sing . . .

Grease is my all time favorite movie & I'm excited to watch the show. I have my favorites but I'm trying to give everyone a chance. I can't wait to see Grease Academy - it'd be a cool vacation spot

My husband laughs because I've been singing Hopelessly Devoted for the past 2 weeks !
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched the last couple of episodes. The show is interesting, though it seems to be copying the same format of American Idol, even down to the back stories of the contestants. Once they get the numbers down, then the public will do live voting. Not sure how the show will hold up while Idol is on, but I guess it is good publicity for the eventual stage show.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my PROOF that the show is a fake and is put on. In the first set of auditions a woman came through saying that she was in town on a business trip (medical) and she heard about the audition so she thought she'd come try out for her last few nights in the city. When she got to the dance portion, she had character shoes on. If you know dance and theather you'd know that character shoes are nude colored high healed dance shoes. My question is... Why would this woman have dance shoes with her? She wouldn't!!! Another woman on the 2nd episode had dance shoes with her and she said she came to audition by chance. Geez, how dumb do the producers think I am?!
    -Stacey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poeticeclipse
    Here is my PROOF that the show is a fake and is put on. In the first set of auditions a woman came through saying that she was in town on a business trip (medical) and she heard about the audition so she thought she'd come try out for her last few nights in the city. When she got to the dance portion, she had character shoes on. If you know dance and theather you'd know that character shoes are nude colored high healed dance shoes. My question is... Why would this woman have dance shoes with her? She wouldn't!!! Another woman on the 2nd episode had dance shoes with her and she said she came to audition by chance. Geez, how dumb do the producers think I am?!
    Well. obviously they think you are as dumb as I am. I only pick up on the singing stuff, I never would have noticed about the dance shoes HOWEVER, one thing I can testify to is that no dancer in their right mind would want to audition in a brand new pair. OUCH! I haven't danced in almost 30 years, but I still remember breaking in new shoes. It takes weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=HOWEVER, one thing I can testify to is that no dancer in their right mind would want to audition in a brand new pair. OUCH! I haven't danced in almost 30 years, but I still remember breaking in new shoes. It takes weeks.[/QUOTE]

I know it!! Those things HURT! If I were her my heals would be bleeding!
    -Stacey

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: