Quantcast ER starts back up tonight!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ER starts back up tonight!

Ahh, my Thursdays will be complete again now that ER starts back up again tonight. I SO can't wait to see what's going to happen, especially the Luka/Curtis Ames thing.

I take so much flack from everyone I know on how I've stuck with ER for the entire length of the show and how it's so overly dramatic. My response - it IS a drama....if it portrayed real life, we could just hop down to our local ER and watch that!

Anyone else with me here? I'm also excited for the Office to be back on. Those two are pretty much the only prime time shows I watch anymore.
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We Pennsylvanians must think alike. I still love ER after all these years and The Office is one of my new favorites! You gotta love Jim - and Dwight just kills me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeetle
    We Pennsylvanians must think alike. I still love ER after all these years and The Office is one of my new favorites! You gotta love Jim - and Dwight just kills me!
    YES! I wonder if the PA/Office connection is because of the Scranton setting? We only live about 45 minutes from Scranton and I know we crack up any time there is a Scranton or surrounding area reference. Like when Michael asked Dwight did he go to the Boston Market in Stroudsburg - that's like 15 minutes from our house!

What are your most anticipated moments of ER for the rest of this season? Am I the only one that wants Neela and Ray to hook up?
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see Neela and Ray hook up - but John Stamos is very easy on the eyes - if you know what I mean. It's just hard to see him as anything but Uncle Jesse from Full House.

Is Dr. Weaver really leaving the show after all these years??

Post Thanks / Like

Is Dr. Weaver really leaving the show after all these years??
    I sat there wondering the same thing. I haven't heard anything of any of the characters departing the show.

Ever notice how almost every character has had some sort of series of rough blows in their life? Kerry sure has had her share of heartache - and last night's episode really twisted the knife for her.

How about Pratt?? Did you see the previews for next week? Yikes!

If any of them were to have to leave, I'd prefer it be Samantha and her kid. I feel bad that she's had a rough life, but for some reason I find her storyline so annoying. I guess because to me, she will never replace Nurse Hathaway!!

Good episode - but I have a feeling the next few will be even better!
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Aaahh, the good old days with Nurse Hathaway and Doug Ross! Since I'm a stay-at-home Mom, I watch the re-runs almost every day. And I still cry every time Mark Green dies.

You're right - they have all had tough lives. Kind of makes me feel my troubles aren't so bad - at least for an hour anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

I have watched this show since the beginning as well! I absolutely LOVE it, and I am very impressed with the writers ... characters come and go, but they keep me interested!

My only question is HOW can John Stamos STILL be so hot? The fact that he's a Disney Geek makes him even hotter!

I must say that the whole Curtis Aames story line DOES bother me, too. As an actor Forret Whitaker does SUCH a good job at being creepy.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Aaahh, the good old days with Nurse Hathaway and Doug Ross! Since I'm a stay-at-home Mom, I watch the re-runs almost every day. And I still cry every time Mark Green dies.

You're right - they have all had tough lives. Kind of makes me feel my troubles aren't so bad - at least for an hour anyway!
    Me too...
    º0º Kelli º0º

01/19/2007-Pop Century
    12/14/2008-All Star Movies
    06/27/2009-All Star Sports
    05/08/2010-All-Star Movies
    06/17/2011-All Star Movies
    07/09/2014-All Star Movies - Anniversary
    06/06/2019-Art of Animation - Son's Graduation Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek
    I have watched this show since the beginning as well! I absolutely LOVE it, and I am very impressed with the writers ... characters come and go, but they keep me interested!
    Me too Michael. It amazes me how so many major characters that I really cared about have come and gone, and I am still as into the show now as when it started!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - Laura Innes is leaving the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal
    Me too Michael. It amazes me how so many major characters that I really cared about have come and gone, and I am still as into the show now as when it started!
    Me too, too!

I haven't missed an episode in 13 years. It's still one of my favorite shows.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40
    I wonder why? I know she's been on forever, but they are really building the show up as being better than ever. Maybe there's nothing more they can do with her character - she's been through it all!

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched the series since the first season. ER has always been the medical show I compare all others too ... it is still my favorite. I like Grey's Anatomy too, but I don't consider it a medical show, it is a realtionship drama with a medical setting. ER is the true medical drama.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40
    I have to say, this one caught me by surprise. I guess I should have seen it coming with her getting demoted and her character having very little screen time lately.

I didn't like Kerry at first, but since all of her hardships, she has become a much more likeable person. It will be sad to see her go but hopefully Kerry and Henry will have a wonderful life waiting for them in Miami.

I know, I know - it's just a TV show - but I can't help but think these people are real to me

My current favorite character is Abby. I wish for once, she would be allowed to just live a normal, happy life but it appears that the mystery man in the bar a few weeks back is coming back with some surprising, perhaps troubling news?? I can imagine what it is, but I'm not going to think too much about it so it will be more of a surprise to me too!

Forrest Whitaker does do an amazing job as the troubled Curtis Ames. He's such a great character actor - despite Curtis' anquished life, he really makes you not like him. To me, if an actor can make you like or dislike their character, especially when you think you should feel the opposite way about them, they are doing a great job.
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ldn324
    . . . but it appears that the mystery man in the bar a few weeks back is coming back with some surprising, perhaps troubling news??
    Well, whenever an adult is lurking in the shadows of a main character, they usually turn out to be the parent they never knew. Is that what you are thinking? I don't remember Abby's Mom (Sally Field) ever discussing her father. Did I miss that somewhere?? They always seem to talk as if Abby and her brother pretty much raised themselves because of their mother's mental illness - I guess that leaves the door open for a father to turn up some day. Hope I didn't spoil anything - I really don't know where the story is headed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot
    I like Grey's Anatomy too, but I don't consider it a medical show, it is a realtionship drama with a medical setting. ER is the true medical drama.
    I agree. I love Grey's Anatomy, but it's definitely more of a relationship show. But Dr. McDreamy sure does fill the void left when cutie Doug Ross left ER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, whenever an adult is lurking in the shadows of a main character, they usually turn out to be the parent they never knew. Is that what you are thinking?
    Yep, that's what I had in mind.

At first I thought it had something to do with Ames since the "mystery man" appeared in the bar in the same episode where Luka finds out that Ames is stalking him, Abby & Joe, but I can't really come up with any logical connection. Of course, this is ER - the world where Dr. Romano not only got his arm chopped off by a helicopter, he then goes on to be SQUASHED in a totally different helicopter scene. Was that logic or just complete and total irony? He he he...
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ldn324
    Of course, this is ER - the world where Dr. Romano not only got his arm chopped off by a helicopter, he then goes on to be SQUASHED in a totally different helicopter scene. Was that logic or just complete and total irony? He he he...
    Ha ha ha. I always felt Romano got exactly what was coming to him (karma, as Earl would say). They failed to ever show a "softer" side of him - except maybe when he admitted his feelings for Elizabeth in one episode. What a sad, sad little man.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The 1/11/07 Episode...

Oh my goodness!!! I don't think in the history of the show that we've been left with so many cliffhangers in one episode!

Will Pratt really be in big trouble?
    Has Sam's kid really done it now?
    Will this new twist with Gates ruin things for him and Neela and, if so, will it push Neela back to Ray? I felt bad for Ray really trying to tell Neela how he felt but getting interrupted!
    Why didn't we have a bigger send-off for Kerry? Doesn't she deserve it after this many years? No party, no gifts, etc.??
    And maybe most importantly....Will Abby and Joe be OK?? Why did Ames want her to call Luka? Any why - oh why - didn't Abby take a good look around when she came in. I saw Ames - I wish she had seen him too in time for her and Joe to get out of there!

I noticed no preview for next week. Does that mean we have to wait two weeks?? I don't think I can handle the wait....
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! That was quite an exciting ending last night. It almost seemed like an end-of-season cliffhanger.

Well, we guessed correctly about Abby's father. That one I saw coming. But, I never expected Ames to be sitting in the apartment . . . very scary! Maybe Abby's father will show up and save the day!!

I felt really bad for Ray too. As much as I like John Stamos, he's the new guy - Ray has loved Neela from afar for a while now.

Kerry has come a long way. She was not likeable when she first came to the show, but I felt bad when she left last night. I'm glad she didn't hold a grudge against Luka - I've always liked him.

Now for that kid of Sam's . . . he's big trouble! I have a feeling someone will die in the fire - possibly Grandma or the new boyfriend.

Stay tuned . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Now for that kid of Sam's . . . he's big trouble! I have a feeling someone will die in the fire - possibly Grandma or the new boyfriend.
    Stay tuned . . .
    Yep, that's what I was thinking - probably Grandma. At first, I thought he was going to deliberately burn the place down but then it looked like it truly was an accident when he dropped the glass. I don't know why, but I've just never liked that kid. Even when it was a different actor playing him younger. Always such a brat. I guess when you come from a home like he has though, things are bound to get nasty.

Ooohh, didn't think about Abby's father maybe being the one to save her and Joe's life...I like that twist! I was SOOO tense sitting through that scene. When they first scanned the room and I saw Ames sitting there - I'm literally yelling at the screen for Abby to get out! They did do a good job of sneaking Ames back into the story though.

I personally am enjoying this season of ER more than any of the more recent ones. The writing seems to have taken a new turn and is more character oriented rather than just simply being overdramatic.
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast