Quantcast Before I get attached to any BAD resturant

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Before I get attached to any BAD resturant

My fiance and I are doing our Honeymoon in September at Disney. We are planning to stay at AKL lodge for most of our trip then thinking about hopping to one of the PO resorts to save a little money. Below are the places we are thinking about eating, we are trying to do a lot of new places for us. So, before I get attached to any places and get pysched up about them please tell me if any are terrible. Also we are planning to use the DDP and we are over the amount of meals, I don't mind paying for a few meals out of pocket because it is our honeymoon but any that are not worth it I don't want to waste meals on. Also is any of the places are better for dinner or lunch and I have it for the opposite place let me know that! Also do character meals use one meal or two on the DDP?

Arrive Late at night

1st Day- Magic Kingdom
    Pinocchio's for Lunch
    Plaza for Dinner

2nd Day- EPCOT
    Biergarten for Lunch
    Cantina De San Angel for Dinner (special place to us from our 1st trip together)

3rd Day- Animal Kingdom
    Flame Tree for Lunch (one of our favorite places)
    Spirit of Aloha Show @ Poly for Dinner (takes up two meals)

4th Day- Relax
    Boma for Lunch @ our resort (don't know if it would be good for lunch or not)
    Cali Grill for Dinner to watch wishes (takes up two meals)

5th Day- MGM
    Backlot Express for Lunch
    Hollywood & Vine for Dinner

6th Day- Blizzard Beach
    Chef Mickey's for Character Breakfast
    Grab something small at BB for a snack/lunch
    Jiko's @ our hotel for dinner (takes up two meals)

7th Day- Magic Kingdom Again
    Columbia Harbor House (love it there) for Lunch
    Peco's Bill's for Dinner

8th Day- MGM & EPCOT Again
    Sci-Fi (have to go there its fiance's favorite place) for Lunch
    Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki for Dinner

9th Day- Park Hop
    Cape May Cafe (great food from our 1st trip) for Character Breakfast
    Coral Reef (I know its not amazing but we like the atmosphere)for Lunch
    Cap' n' Jacks (like the food here) for Dinner

Leaving the next day do not know when yet so don't know if we will be eating or not.

Thanks for everyone's help, I know there are a lot os questions on here but I want to be as informed as I can be on these new resturants and the DDP!!
    Last edited by Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella; 11-06-2006 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spacing mistake
    Mar. '04- Spring Break~ Pop Century
    Sept. '07- Honeymoon~ AKL
    Oct. '08- Coronado Springs
    Christmas '10- Wilderness Lodge
    Nov. '12- PO: FQ
    Sept. '14- Caribbean Beach
    May '15- PO: Riverside
    Nov. '16- Coronado Springs
    Nov. '17- Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. '18- 1st Trip as DVC Owner- Boulder Creek

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not positive, but i don't think Boma offers Lunch.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed at AKL Oct 12-14 and nope - Boma does not serve lunch.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, I'd cut Pinnochio (unless it's special to you for some reason) and shift either Pecos Bill's or Plaza up to the lunch slot and do Spirit of Aloha for dinner on one of your MK days. You could just ride the monorail over to the Poly for SOA and then pop back over to MK if you want. Then you could do Boma dinner on your AK day. (We always do Boma on AK day; it's the same kind of "feel") Chef Mickey's is one TS credit. Have a great time!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you've got a lot of TS meals! Are you sure you will be able to eat that much food each day? I would reconsider days where you have both a sit down lunch and dinner...

In general, if a TS meal will cost LESS than about $25 per person, you are better off paying OUT OF POCKET. If you use a credit for a meal that is less than $25, you are LOSING MONEY. So, in general, TS lunches should be paid out of pocket, as well as any character meals (breakfasts) that run less than $25 per person.

My personal opinions are as follows:

1st Day- Magic Kingdom
    Pinocchio's for Lunch (DITCH THIS!, try Cosmic Ray's instead...much better food)
    Plaza for Dinner (sounds good)

2nd Day- EPCOT
    Biergarten for Lunch (pay out of pocket)
    Cantina De San Angel for Dinner (special place to us from our 1st trip together)--do you mean San Angel Inn? This is the fast food place, is that where you want to eat?

3rd Day- Animal Kingdom
    Flame Tree for Lunch (one of our favorite places) (mine too )
    Spirit of Aloha Show @ Poly for Dinner (takes up two meals) (Change this to 'Ohana...better food for sure, this show is NOT worth two TS credits, and the food is awful)

4th Day- Relax
    Boma for Lunch @ our resort (don't know if it would be good for lunch or not) (as mentioned, no lunch served here...maybe go to AK and try Tusker House instead?)
    Cali Grill for Dinner to watch wishes (takes up two meals) (good choice-definitely worth two credits)

5th Day- MGM
    Backlot Express for Lunch (good choice)Hollywood & Vine for Dinner

6th Day- Blizzard Beach
    Chef Mickey's for Character Breakfast (pay out of pocket for this)
    Jiko's @ our hotel for dinner (takes up two meals) (good choice)

Columbia Harbor House (love it there) for Lunch
    Peco's Bill's for Dinner (I would personally have one of these for dinner, but for lunch, hop the monorail and try Kona Cafe at the Poly--pay out of pocket, lunch is cheap)

Sci-Fi (have to go there its fiance's favorite place) for Lunch (I would pay out of pocket for this one)
    Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki for Dinner (good choice)

9th Day- Park Hop
    Cape May Cafe (great food from our 1st trip) for Character Breakfast
    Coral Reef (I know its not amazing but we like the atmosphere)for Lunch (pay out of pocket here)
    Cap' n' Jacks (like the food here) for Dinner
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clarification

I do mean the Cantina in Mexico, we like to get the food and sit and watch Illuminations.

So tell more about the Spirit of Aloha Show compared to 'Ohana. I was really going for the show, is it not worth it? Tell more about this please!

Post Thanks / Like

On day 4, you could use CS credits for lunch @ the Mara, right at the AKL, since Boma is not open for lunch. Congrats and best wishes.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Thanks for all the reply's!

More feedback is appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't offer a lot of advice, but I can say we stayed at AKL for our honeymoon this past September, and had a great time! We had dinner at Boma and at Jiko, and they are definitely worth it. Oh, and California Grill was worth it too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done both the show and Ohana's. The show is okay depending on where you are sitting, we had okay seats (very low to the ground though and hard on us tall people). The food was just gross and cold! It is def. not worth 2TS's either!! We have eaten at Ohana's several times and love it!! The food is great and the atmosphere is warm and friendly, if you eat late enough you can even see the elec. water pag. float by.
    1984 - Off Property
    May 2002 - AKL
    May 2003 - DL - One day
    January 2006 - One day
    March 2006 - CSR
    March 2008 Swan/Dolphin
    December 2008 - CBR/AKL
    November 2012 - AoA Lion King
    March 15-22 2014 - Swan/Dolphin
    Nov 13-22 2014 AoA Cars

DVC Owners @ GF
    Up Next:
    Sept 4-12 Poly Villas

Post Thanks / Like

The only one I don't like on your list is Biergarten. Been there twice and both times I didn't like the food and found it too noisy. Everything else looks good though.

Post Thanks / Like

You're a true planner — definitely my kind of gal!

I won't add to your planning dreams but I did want to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magickingdom67
    The only one I don't like on your list is Biergarten. Been there twice and both times I didn't like the food and found it too noisy. Everything else looks good though.
    I agree. I dislike Biergarten a lot. And I mean a lot. The food was just... yuck. And the service was non existant. It's so difficult to get to know your waiter because there are just so many people. And if you sit with another family the attention is taken away from your family. You don't get such a personal experience. The entertainment was very fun but not worth the money.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Any thought to Hollywood Brown Derby. We are cheap skates but consider this a must every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB
    I won't add to your planning dreams but I did want to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding!
    Thanks!!

Thanks for all the thoughts on Spirit of Aloha Show, my fiance and I have talked about it and are re-thinking that and thinking about just doing Ohana! Glad for the advice so I don't waste DDP meals!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Update

Thanks for all the feedback, these are our new thoughts, it may change again but this is what I'm thinking at this point.

Arrive Late at night grab something at Mara at the hotel when we arrive

1st Day- Magic Kingdom
    Pinocchio's for Lunch- Wanted to try something new
    Plaza for Dinner- Thought it would be a good location for wishes

2nd Day- EPCOT
    Biergarten for Lunch- Buffet- one of my only memories from my childhood at Disney so I wanted to try again
    Cantina De San Angel for Dinner- we like to get this and watch Illuminations

3rd Day- Animal Kingdom
    Flame Tree for Lunch -one of our favorite places
    Jiko for Dinner @ our hotel

4th Day- Relax
    Chef Mickey’s for Character Breakfast - this is new....thoughts? we are okay with noise/kids
    Earl of Sandwich for Lunch -something small while shopping
    Cali Grill for Late Dinner to watch wishes (takes up two meals)

5th Day- MGM
    Backlot Express for Lunch- don't know a lot about this but sounded fun
    Hollywood & Vine for Dinner- Buffet- don't know a lot about this but sounded fun

6th Day- Blizzard Beach
    Boma for Dinner @ our resort

Columbia Harbor House for Lunch
    Peco's Bill's for Dinner

Sci-Fi for Lunch - fiance's favorite place
    Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki for Dinner

9th Day- Park Hop
    Coral Reef for Lunch - know the food isn't great but we like the atmosphere
    Cap' n' Jacks for Dinner- like it here a lot

10th Day- Departure
    Cape May Cafe for Character Breakfast -before flight out

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I almost cancelled our reservations for the Coral Reef after hearing all the so-so and bad reviews, I'm so glad we didn't!
    We were in WDW in early October (celebrating our 20th anniversary) and had a fabulous meal at Coral Reef. We were there for dinner. I HIGHLY recommend the Ahi Tuna cooked medium rare, it was melt in your mouth delicious. (I had never had Ahi Tuna before...was thinking "yuck, sushi", but our waitress recommended it.) It was served with tasty wasabi mashed potatos, they were the perfect complement. My husband bought wasabi when we got home to make those tasty potatos for me. (He's such a sweety.) Did I mention how really fabulous the meal was?! "The Wave" dessert is a must.

Our waitress told us that they have a new executive chef. The menu wasn't the same one that is on line here at Intercot. Also...the prime rib looked delicious; I was checking out peoples plates on the way out! It was a huge cut! If there is anything negative it is the wait in the lobby. It is really noisy and there aren't enough seats for everyone. There were a lot of people sitting on the floor.
    Congratulations on your your wedding! Jikos is wonderful, too...especially if you like to have wine with your meal! The wait staff is very knowlegeable and the dishes are imaginative.

Enjoy!
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I know you will have a great time.

If you can afford the time (and the cost) try to fit dinner at Victoria and Albert's into your plan. It's at the Grand Floridian. We ate there for our 25th anniversary and loved it! Plan to spend at least two hours there, and book at least two weeks in advance. Let them know it is a special event for you.

The meal is an eight course, prix-fixe meal, which means you get to choose one item from each of eight different courses and pay one price. It cost us $100 each, plus wine and tip. Just as a hint (if you like wine) they offer wine pairing for each course. You get a sample 2 ounce glass of wine with each course. The cost was $55 each and actually cheaper than getting a single bottle of wine.

We simply couldn't choose a bottle of wine from the incredible wine list, so this really worked for us and we got to sample different wines from all over the world. Since my BW and I selected different items for each course, we actually got to try 16 different meals and about 14 different wines.

This is a signature dining experience and not part of the Disney Dining Plan. You do have to dress for the occasion, jackets or suits for men, ties optional, dresses or suits for women. My Beloved Wife had great fun stopping at every mall and outlet centre on the I-75 all the way from Canada to Georgia looking for just the right dress.

Again, if you can work this in and afford the $400, do consider this alternative. If you can't afford it at this time, you always have this to look forward to on your 25th anniversary!

Gary
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poeticeclipse
    I agree. I dislike Biergarten a lot. And I mean a lot. The food was just... yuck. And the service was non existant. It's so difficult to get to know your waiter because there are just so many people. And if you sit with another family the attention is taken away from your family. You don't get such a personal experience. The entertainment was very fun but not worth the money.
    I won a yodelling contest at the Biergarten, once...
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

First off Congrats on your Wedding Not a big fan of Hollywood and Vine. Have dined there twice and always felt is was one of Disneys poorer buffets. I would try Brown Derby instead. Coral reef for lunch sounds wonderfull.
    DVC Member since 03 , Have been "Home" just too many times before to list. June 6 next visit.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: